School Paper Project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heihei Sol

Wheezing Gawker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:24 pm
As the subject says this is for school papers.

I myself have an issue of a certain paper that is is causing problems.

Part A: You are to write two descriptions of what you observed. Your first description must convey a favorable impression of the scene. The second description must convey a negative, or unfavorable, impression, making the scene appear unpleasant or unattractive. Both descriptions must contain only factual details and must describe exactly the same scene from the same location at the same time. It is not fair, in other words, to describe the scene in sunny weather and then in the rain or otherwise to alter factual details. Each description should be one paragraph long (approximately 125-175 words).

Part B: Self-Reflection on What You Learned: Attach to your two descriptions a self-reflection from doing this assignment. This self-reflection should include your own rhetorical analysis of your two descriptions and explain some of the insights you have gained into the concepts of “angle of vision” and “seeing rhetorically.”

In this essay, you will be considering many elements about your space: how it is defined/marked, its borders, its use, its access, and its significance to you. As with any good profile, your essay should include the following:
• A brief summary of your topic
• An explanation of why you chose this space and a justification for why/how you are identified as an outsider in relation to this space
• Provide a clear, concise thesis statement that makes a claim about your space which you will argue
• Demonstrate through specific evidence in or around the space how your claim is justified (remember analysis involves breaking a text into its parts in order to demonstrate a particular claim)
• Conclude with a clear statement of what is significant about your profile/what new insights you have offered

The place I choose was a retirement center, and as the third bullets point out I must make an argument about it. That's the major part I need help with.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 pm
Quote:
• Provide a clear, concise thesis statement that makes a claim about your space which you will argue

You are being asked to claim something about the space. The first thing I think of is the Toulmin Structure, which has a claim, a reason, and a warrant, but that doesn't make sense to me, given the the point of the assignment, which seems to be an exercise on connotation and denotation.

Do you understand what you're supposed to do, or are you just stuck on what exactly to write about?

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas