81%  [ 18 ]
No.
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

Metal Gothic Dragon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm
Hello there, and welcome to the tutorials. I'm Metal and I'll be your tutor in anime art. Now, before we begin, let me just make this clear: I am in no way a professional artist. I just love to draw, that's all.

All of the tutorials on this sticky are mine, so don't feel like you have to draw exactly how I draw. My style, my way. Your style, your way, okay?
(If they are not mine, then I will inform you.)

Rules
Do not post on this thread.
If you have suggestions or questions, PM me.
Please do not PM me your works of art unless you are asking for tips and advice and need to show me what exactly it is you are talking about.
All works of art should be submitted to the art forum of this guild.
If you don't like how I draw, don't tell me I suck.

If these tutorials are not helpful, please PM me why. Do just put "No" in the poll.

I am always adding new tutorials, so please ckeck in every now and then!
All tutorials follow after this post.
I can't wait to see your works of art in the forum!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:24 pm
~Eyes~

Eyes are very important because every person has them, so how they are drawn is important because eyes help define the character's personality. For example, You wouldn't give a cold-blooded assassin bubbly shojo eyes, would you? Of course not, because then no one whould take them seriously. Eyes can be drawn so many different ways, and these are just a few samples.

Key points: Eye shape, pupil, iris, shine, eyelashes, eyebrows, and eye lid.

User Image

Metal Gothic Dragon
Vice Captain

Metal Gothic Dragon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:25 pm
~Emotions~

In a lot of anime and manga, emotions are a big thing in making something comical. There is no end to emotions, and no rules either.

Key Points: Disired emotion, mouth, eyes, nose, add-on props such as gloom marks and sweat drops, extent of emotion.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:26 pm
~How to Draw the Head~

When drawing the head, you must consider whether you're drawing the head of a child, adult, boy, girl, old person, young person, ugly person, or beautiful person. The shape of the head is very important as well as all the elements that make the face on the head. There are a lot of key points to the head. This sample is of a shojo girl.

Key Points: Head shape, nose, mouth, eyes, hair, ears, expressions, additude, accessories, neck, blouse collar, and style.

User Image

Metal Gothic Dragon
Vice Captain

Metal Gothic Dragon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 pm
~Hands~

Hands can be easy to draw, or very hard; depending on what the hand may be doing. If the hand lies flat, it should be pretty easy to draw, but when the fingers curl up around and object at an odd angle, the hand can be pretty hard to draw. Here are some samples of hands in different positions and angles doing a variety of things. Try looking at your own hand when drawing. Remember, women's hands are smaller and more slinder than men's hands, and how old a person is will show in the hand through wrinkles. Things to consider when drawing are what kind of person or thing are you drawing, is the hand decorated, how old is this person, and what is the hand doing.

Key Points: Position, angle,, nails, fingers, knuckles, age, gender, special features, held objects.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 pm
~Bases~

WARNING: Due to the context of this post and all the perverts out there, I have sensored these pictures in order to follow the ToS and keep this forum clean.

Disclaimer: I own none of the following pictures in this post (though, I did edit them for you).

Bases are like paper dolls, only without the attachable paper clothing. They are pictures of naked, hairless, and even sometimes faceless people or things that you can trace over and add your own style of art. Most bases come from popular art that already exsist. You may even recognize some of the pictures below from shows you know. Sometimes the picture will already have clothing, and all you have to do is add the hair and face.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image