Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Hey all,

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll for the ladies..
  .. and the first option in a long time for you guys to answer with.
View Results

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:12 pm
I'm on Gaia again for the first time in .. since.. the last time that I was on Gaia.

Hell if I remember when I last logged in. Whatever.

I'm getting a new job, and I'm going on a philosophy course this November, so I like to think I'm not doing too badly.

No promises on how long I'll stick around, but whatever.

How's things in here?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:52 pm
What does a philosophy course entail?
Yay for new jobs, I need one of those.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:05 pm
I get 400 euro's more each month, so yeah, I'm definitely not complaining about that. XD

The philosophy course is basically a week of native American philosophy with a metric-ton of stuff they found as parallels in any and all religions that were studied in the past fifty years by the dude who taught the dude who's teaching this.

You may have seen me get excited about Tom Brown Jr. and tracking and whatnot? Their philosophy is what they'll be teaching.

Kind of like a voluntary approach to brainwashing, I guess you could say, but at least I learn stuff that'll help me stay alive in the middle of nowhere while I'm at it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:28 pm
A month? o.o Is living there insanely cheap? 400 Euros converts to almost $600 AUD a month. I'm struggling to live on $2,250 a month D: Our living costs here are kind of ridiculous.

That sounds interesting. Do you study it while living in the middle of nowhere or something, or do they teach you survival skills with it?  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:58 pm
No, I get €400 on top of what I'm earning right now. 3nodding

If I could live off of €400, I would be a rich man. XD And that is a ridiculously high amount of money being squandered on just staying alive. XD;;

And the course I'm following this November is apparently being held in a youth-hostel sort of type place. We'll sleep there and spend the rest of the time being outside from what I gather.

But when you go to NJ for courses, for instance, you bring your own tent. And there you study as you're taught. I mean, making fire with traditional tools? Totally awesome! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 am
Oh geez, I was gonna say, haha. I wish I could survive on that much a month... Then I'd be rich too!

That sounds like fun, how long does that last for?
I used to be in a group where we'd go camping all the time, it was lots of fun (:  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:14 am
Maze. heart Glad to hear you're doing okay and you got a new job. Jobs are awesomesauce.

I, uh...became a moderator since we last talked?
OH AND I AM LOSING WEIGHT YAY. I've lost 25ish pounds so far.
Um... I also getting bogged down like whoa with school work.

It's 4am and I should be in bed. YAY FOR BEING IN COLLEGE. Thank God I am graduating soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:44 am
Camp's eight days. Loads of philosophy will be crammed. It's not as low-tech as the one I went on first, but it should still be mundo fun. biggrin

I doubt we'll be allowed to make fire, though. :C

.. If I still get to go, anyway. XD; My new job was supposed to start in December - well, November, first, but then they said that wasn't possible, so could I start in December? - but they called today and.. really would like for me to start in November after ********. gonk

I told them about the course, and they'll have a look. "They won't like that too much!" I was warned. *scoffs* Well, whose fault is this? Mine? I think not. talk2hand

@Comfy: Heeeeeeeeeeeeey. biggrin heart

Way to go on the promotion. ;D

And it's great to hear you're finishing up on y our college education! biggrin This is your last year, is it? o:

Still planning on becoming an English teacher, or was that someone else? *Tries to remember* XD

Also grats on the weight-loss. biggrin If you need to lose more, feel free to export to me. I'm still horribly underweight. :z I try to nom better, but it's.. just not sticking. XD;  

Maze

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm
8 days would be heaps of fun :D
Boo, is it getting all environmental over there too about not lighting fires and whatnot? It's like that here, no fires in national parks, and all camping sites are in national parks...

Way to be un-organised, new job. I'd just say you've already made plans that would be really inconvenient to cancel, because you weren't expected to start until later (:  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:46 pm
Welcome back.

And uh, yeah, this job...Think you can get me one of those?

I can safely say that my roomies and I are some starving artists. d:

Nexus Carbuncle

[X]Harajuku[X]

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:00 pm
I remember joo! I feel old now,I've decided to also come back after awhile,I missed this,lol Sad in a way..anywho,welcome back! Hope ya stick around,and good luck with the new job!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:03 pm
@Nexus: People have been asking me for my job a lot, so they might actually end up filling all the spots if I keep this up. XD

There'll be no time for Clarinet, though.

@Harajuku: I remember you too. And don't bother feeling old. That'd make me ancient and I'm not going to bother keeping track of that much time anyway. XD  

Maze

Aaditya

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:51 pm
Hey pallie, I also recently made my return to Gaia. Good to see that you're makin money (I'm now over 70k in student loans gonk ) and I hope that the philosophy camp will be very insightful!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:20 am
~*~

I saw your name and nearly spit tea.
In a good way, mind you.

HI, MAAAAAAZE!

Cool on the philosophy course. :] I haven't heard many good things about the philosophy classes assorted family members have taken, but it still seems interesting to me, and the extra money is always a plus too. Are you going to be on enough to keep us posted, or are you only here for a moment?

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

Maze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:10 pm
@Aaditya: *highfives* Good to see you're doing well. In.. accumulative economics if nothing else. *snerks* Awesome going on the study thing, by the way, student loans or no, though, so hey.

I'll be too busy crossing my fingers for even going in the first place to even care about it being any good. Which, in and of itself is probably a bad thing, but as things stand now, I have no idea about whether or not I'll even get to go. Way to be timely, new job..

@D333! I have no idea whether I'll join their opinion, but the lack of travel costs - well, any real travel costs, seeing as how it's here in the Dutchlands - makes it pretty damned interesting to me, so.

I'm currently only here for a short bit, as I'm going to be sorta busy with the training for the new job and all, but that's.. either gonna happen in December or November, so.. who knows how long 'now' will end up as. :3

Good to see you're still around, though! biggrin <3  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff