Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christizzle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:59 am
Shanna66
Christizzle
Shanna66
ive got no idea what breed i want either. since i cant have a dog at my apartment ive got 8 more months to fill with research. im thinking i may get a working breed since ive been so active since living with the fiance, before i was a lazy couch potato but no i go on walks and bike rides all the time, i want a dog that cna keep up with me and enjoy going everywhere i go.

i really really want a bc but im unsure if im active enough for one to be happy.

right now im thinking of getting a dog thats a goofball, i want a companion thats loves being as silly as i do.

though ill probably just end up going to the shelter and just letting the dog pick me within reason.

Border Collies are wonderful dogs, with great personalities! If you can set aside time and effort to keep a BC active then they make very loyal and loving companions, not to mention they are freakishly smart! Mine get at least an hour of excersize/training a day and they are very happy.
I'm biased though (*points to signature*) lol.

i know they are super smart. my old one adapted to being deaf and blind so quickly.

you should get one, if you can. yeah I have noticed they are very good at adapting to their environment/circumstances and I like how devoted they are to their owners; I value that most (among other things) about my BCollies. smile
good luck though with whichever breed you choose smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 am
Christizzle
Shanna66
Christizzle
Shanna66
ive got no idea what breed i want either. since i cant have a dog at my apartment ive got 8 more months to fill with research. im thinking i may get a working breed since ive been so active since living with the fiance, before i was a lazy couch potato but no i go on walks and bike rides all the time, i want a dog that cna keep up with me and enjoy going everywhere i go.

i really really want a bc but im unsure if im active enough for one to be happy.

right now im thinking of getting a dog thats a goofball, i want a companion thats loves being as silly as i do.

though ill probably just end up going to the shelter and just letting the dog pick me within reason.

Border Collies are wonderful dogs, with great personalities! If you can set aside time and effort to keep a BC active then they make very loyal and loving companions, not to mention they are freakishly smart! Mine get at least an hour of excersize/training a day and they are very happy.

i know they are super smart. my old one adapted to being deaf and blind so quickly.

you should get one, if you can. yeah I have noticed they are very good at adapting to their environment/circumstances and I like how devoted they are to their owners; I value that most (among other things) about my BCollies. smile

I know this is a horrible reason to choose a breed. But I almost feel compelled to get a duck toller or another aussie simply because there are SO many Border Collies in agility and frisbee. I wana represent for the other dogs lol. "aussies the name, kicking border collie butt is the game" Or might end up with a good old fashioned mutt. I mean the main reason dogs get dumped and find trouble being homed is having too much energy and getting into trouble out of boredom. I would be the perfect home (or foster home) for them.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Christizzle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:25 am
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Christizzle
Shanna66
Christizzle
Shanna66

I know this is a horrible reason to choose a breed. But I almost feel compelled to get a duck toller or another aussie simply because there are SO many Border Collies in agility and frisbee. I wana represent for the other dogs lol. "aussies the name, kicking border collie butt is the game" Or might end up with a good old fashioned mutt. I mean the main reason dogs get dumped and find trouble being homed is having too much energy and getting into trouble out of boredom. I would be the perfect home (or foster home) for them.

We have mutt dogs too, I have had family friends and other people ask me what breed of dog they should get, and 99.9% of the time they aren't active enough to own a border collie and I suggest a mutt.
I bought my border collie boy (*points to sig*) because I like the intensity and the sweet personality (and my aunt breeds them for herding), and I was getting really serious into agility. I absolutely adore Aussies, I wish I saw more of them at trials.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:58 am
well if there is a bc at the shelter when i go there next year then i guess i may have to get it mrgreen i used to be super active, i think i can do it again if i had a good running buddy

i do know i want one of the smarter breeds so i would prefer either a hunting or herding breed since they are made to listen so well  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:40 am
User Image