Back to Guilds

Tags: writing, stories, character, development, feedback 

Reply General Discussion
Guild-Wide RPs - fjsdfjgajgajajaeoinv

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HA! You thought you could lurk and still express your opinion, didn't you?
  HA! Joke's on you, Sami! I was planning to post anyways!
  Baaaaw, ya got me. I'll go post, I guess...
  FFFFFFUUUUUU- *runs away and lurks elsewhere*
View Results

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:47 am
Gibberish intentional. Because that's how I feel after my most recent, one-woman exodus from a Guild that was devoted to one roleplay. I had SUCH high hopes for it. It was well-developed, which was the number one thing that was lacking in the other Guild RPs I tried. It was SOOOOO close to being the RP of my dreams. What ruined it? The Crew and their little friends. sad So much BS and elitism from them. *le sigh* The character I made for the RP was pretty nifty, too, and I can only hope I can find a way to shoe-horn her into another RP. ninja

Anyway, how have your experiences with Guild-wide RPs gone? Do you like hopping from thread to thread, or are you a one-womanthread kinda person? Do you have trouble finding a guild-wide RP you're interested in, let alone one that's GOOD, or is it just me? I enjoy either kind of RP, but what I really love is something with thought-out lore and a background story that just begs for RPers to pluck individuals out of it. I admire RP hosts who can pull that off, even if it's not necessarily a universe I'm drawn to. sweatdrop

Your opinions, GO GO GO!
And any suggestions for RPs. *ninja*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:11 am
As a captain of a guild-wide RP, I think I have a say in this!

My guild RP, The Five Schools Of Magic, is a thread-hopping type of guild. It's not bad, but it suffers frequent activity problems due to all the senior members being extremely busy and not posting often. I often wish I could delete subforums, because then I would put everything in a single main forum, and I'm positive that having all the threads in a SINGLE forum would help people not to forget they exist.

In general though, I avoid single-RP guilds because I don't like being in a lot of guilds - that, and in the forums, it's easier for me to rally people and find the stories I want, not to mention what you've said about it being difficult to find a good roleplay.

Sami Von Disco
I really love is something with thought-out lore and a background story that just begs for RPers to pluck individuals out of it. I admire RP hosts who can pull that off, even if it's not necessarily a universe I'm drawn to.

.... Please join the RPR and join me and Giyari and Articx in Falling In Time. Better yet, just join the RPR. Please?

Ruby Tuesday Cover by the London Symphony Orchestra

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Giyari
Crew

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 am
I own a guild wide RP too, but it died due to me starting it without sufficient member numbers to keep it going, tbh it wasn't in the right setting either neutral
I'm currently trying to rewrite it into a different setting but I still don't know about the member numbers confused
Have a poke around if you want smile I don't plan to restart it though XXX
This was my idea for rewriting it, more violence twisted XXX  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:38 pm
I don't have any experience with RPing, but I've always been somewhat interested :3 I've looked through the guilds to see if there was anything interesting, but nothing really grabbed my attention. I'm also pretty big on spelling, grammer, and puncuation, so I'm being really picky about the type of RP I get into.  

Lyvidian

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:01 pm
@Elyios - lulz, I checked out both of those Guilds the day before! I think I will join up. X3 It usually takes me a while to come up with a character (and with RL taken into consideration, maybe like 3 days at most? gonk ). Immense amounts of lurking/reading must take place. XD

But that is true about those kind of RPs. You have to join six more Guilds than you would normally. XD I actually like to keep my Guild list to one page, so I often leave Guilds I'm not active in PDQ. And it is tough to find people willing to get into a single-thread RP, let alone the kind of "immersion" or whatever that I think you would need for a good Guild-wide RP.

@Giyari - I'm on such a huge Fallout kick right now, that I thought, "It's so cool, it's a little like Fallout!" rofl That seems pretty dang close to the RP of my dreams. o.0 Is it weird I got excited when I saw a glossary? XD I don't have much time to look over it in the detail I would like right now (going Christmas shopping soon), but the bits I have seen have me jonesing to join. XD Let me know when it does get up and running. ninja

@Lyvidian - I've only been RPing for a year, and I started out kinda like you. Highly interested, but picky. whee I saw some of the advanced RPs, and thought, "Oh wow, my creative writing skills are nowhere near this." XD So I actually just jumped into a semi-lit RP just to get some experience with character creation and interacting with characters. If you do a lot of creative writing, you could do fine with both of those aspects, and jump into a decent Lit RP. It is quite hard for people who want a grammatically correct RP to find one, so I've just been judging them on, "Well, do most of the people have good grammar/spelling?" rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:14 pm
Somehow, I have a few Rp ideas that could be scaled up to be subforum to guild wides. Only have them in word document form though.  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

Lyvidian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:32 pm
@Sami: Yeah, a Lit RP is was Elyios suggested to me in another thread. =P I've just been somewhat busy (and lazy) and haven't looked through the guilds again. X3  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:04 am
I joined one of those ONCE. It was a vampire RP. And there weren't any firm rules for the setting. We got a lot of angstbuckets... and my neuter vampire who stored blood in hir freezer, killed things with utensils, wore excessively elaborate outfits, and treated the blood bags like juice pouches. I'm the kind of person who'd play a Malkavian in Vampire: The Masquerade, can you tell?

I stayed for only a few posts because life got me, but I'll bet it's turned into something that would make me break out the waaahbulance emote if it hasn't imploded by now; that was like four years ago now.

For those who've RPed on LJ: Are Gaia Guild RPs similar to LJ comm-based RPs? Because I've been in a comm-based Pokemon RP over on LJ, and it was pretty cool.  

VenusRain

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:41 am
@Articx-Frost - Oh, that does remind me. I have seen it done in one or two RPing Guilds have had subforums that was one whole RP, instead of having the whole Guild for that RP. I never got a chance to participate in them though, since it was dead. sweatdrop

@Lyvidian - Ha, same here. Late reply is late. ninja

@VenusRain - Ack, I like structure in my RP, so that sounds kinda like my nightmare. XD Your kind of vampire sounds refreshing though. An actual predator, and not just a frustrated emo kid with fangs. =P

That is one thing with a Guild-wide RP though. It's hard enough to get a regular Guild active, but a whole Guild dedicated to an RP? That can only be even tougher. All it can take is one post to make everyone else go "meh" and abandon. D=

Aaaaaand I can't help you there. I don't use LiveJournal. >.>  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff