Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
Pen Pals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:24 pm
Okay, I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting this in the right subforum because in a way its school related, but it's your opinion entirely I suppose.

Anyways, my Spanish teacher recently began talking about getting us some Pen Pals. Now, I've never done this sort of thing before, and I'm wondering...how does this Pen Pal stuff work?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:35 pm
You make a friend from another place^^

You teacher assigns you a penpal, they can either be from another country or another state. You then write a letter to them (or they write to you, depending on which school decides to write their letters first). And that's it. You continue writing to the person and they continue writing to you. If you are lucky you will get someone you have things in common with and you can continue to be friends even after the schools penpal program is over.

Also, your penpal can be male or female, depending on your school (and parent suggestion if they send a note home), but they should be within a year or two of your own age since they are school assigned.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:46 pm
Lol, well I sure hope I don't make an enemy from another place. O.O

But, thanks. I'm a little excited. I hope my teachers really goes through with it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:43 am
i love pen pals XD
i did it when i was little. they send a pic to the kid and you get one back. most likely yall will be the same gender and probably the same grade.
i talked with my pen pal only for the program cuz i was too young to know how to mail stuff  

LacrymosaVampiress22

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:51 pm
Pen pals are fun!
I've never had one done with school, so I'm not sure what that would be like, but I do have a pen pal like person that I email.
She lives in Malaysia and is a little less than year younger than me. It's really fun to get to know people from far away.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:46 pm
Always wanted to do a penpal sort of thing =P
But our school can't afford it~

Got invited to actually GO to another country for school though xD
My family can't afford it x3  

RainbowAlpacaz

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:52 am
We did secret pen pals in spanish I with the other class period. =)
My pen pal was uber friendly and sweet -- we kept in contact even after the year ended, throughout summer.

The next school year we were talking about doing pen pals again, but with different people.
I asked to be paired up with "Diego" again, though, because we got along so well.
One of my best friends, Derek, just stared and laughed.

Turns out my "secret" pen pal was already a good friend of mine! Haha. :'D

Anyway; pen pals are always really fun, especially when you connect with that person. =)
Online ones are kind of lame, just gotta say, cause sending snail mail like "the good ol days" is the best part.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:15 pm
i did it all the time in 6-to-6....had a new "pal" every week -.- stupid school.....and heres a question...WHY DO TEACHERS GET PAID WHEN US STUDENTS DO ALL THE REAL WORK THEY JUST READ FROM BOOKS AND TELL US WHAT TO DO!  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:42 pm
Wailing Banshee from Hell
i did it all the time in 6-to-6....had a new "pal" every week -.- stupid school.....and heres a question...WHY DO TEACHERS GET PAID WHEN US STUDENTS DO ALL THE REAL WORK THEY JUST READ FROM BOOKS AND TELL US WHAT TO DO!

Um, teachers do grade all that work, and teach you.
Clearly you haven't had an amazing teacher yet. ;;

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:58 pm
Aw, I miss having a pen pal. I had one in 3rd grade, I wrote to them once and they never responded back. .__.  

xsophbunny

Wheezing Explorer

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces