Reply Literature & Writing Subforum [[Submit your writing and Reading list!]]
My dreams freak me out.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kumu2345

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:47 pm
Well, I wrote this a while ago for my creative writing class and I ended up really liking it. It's not a continuos story or anything. Just something based off a freaky dream I had one night.
Also this owes a bit to both Bioshock and a bit from American Gods since that dream had elements from both.

--------------------------

The blood on the floor has dried and been walked over so much that it’s faded into a dull orange-brown. She wonders for a split second if it belongs to one of the people she saw a few days ago, a tall man with jeans and a black t-shirt. He didn’t look like he belonged here. Of course not many do. She doesn’t.
The sound of the things boots echoes along the hallway and she panics, grabbing a pipe and sliding behind a wall (and what’s a wall doing in the middle of a hallway) and cowering in the corner. It’s so dark. Even outside it’s not this dark. She burrows in to her corner trying to look small, praying that it doesn’t see her.
It hums as it lumbers along the hallway, singing a bit and then humming lowly. It’s to the tune of “My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean” and it’s all the more upsetting because of it. She tries not to listen to the half hummed words, hoping she won’t remember them in the middle of the night. It calls out.
“Come on….the doctor isn’t going to hurt you. I just want to make you better…”
She almost whimpers. It goes by, a length of pipe scraping along the ground and a flash of its red lab coat are all she sees. She thanks God for that. An hour passes, maybe more. She starts to move silently and then runs, running along the corridor. She finds a door and pushes it. It budges a bit and a grey stream of light pours through. It makes her push all the harder. It opens slowly and she rushes out into the open. And blanches as she realizes that she just descended further into the complex. It’s like a mausoleum here. Tombs and statues littering the area. She walks through walkways eyeing the statues and jumping at the slightest noise. A length of rope and a swinging shadow make her think twice about rounding at least one corner.
Little penny machines with tin figures litter the complex. She finds one and puts a penny in the slot (how did she get one they emptied her pockets). Immediately the tin figures move lurching and groaning. She smiles at first. It’s a pleasant family scene at least until the mother looks in an empty mirror. A figure, it moves so much faster than the others, swings into the frame and all of the sudden it turns horrible. As the scene continues, she backs away from the machine and runs. As far as she can, tears trailing down her face.
She stops after who knows how long. Sliding down into a corner she sobs, not caring if they hear her. Too tired to care. She buries her head in her arms the pipe still in her hands. Finally she gets up. It doesn’t seem any later than before. She wanders, for days or maybe minutes, until she finds another building. She walks in and sits in the middle of the floor waiting for it to come for her. Doesn’t take long until it, the thing masquerading as a man in a lab coat and mask, finds her and crouches down. The eye contact makes her shudder but she keeps it. It speaks in a voice calmer than she remembers and smoother too.
“Hello. The doctor can see you now.”
Its face contorts into a grin, eyes bright. It reaches up to touch her face. Dried blood smears on her pale face and it mutters something about making cuts here and here. And something about him making her beautiful. It grins again, looking in her eyes.
She grins back.

--------------------------

So, what do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:57 pm
I liked it and if you ever come up with more I would love to read it. whee  

Angelically Scarred

kumu2345

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:24 pm
Angelically Scarred
I liked it and if you ever come up with more I would love to read it. whee

Thanks. smile
I'm not sure about coming up with more about this particular story. Every time I've tried to do so it just doesn't seem right. I have some more stories in sort of the same genre/style as this one though.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:59 am
I really enjoyed it. Keep writing.
(I wish there is more.)

My Fleeting Serenity

Literature & Writing Subforum [[Submit your writing and Reading list!]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out