Submit

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:53 pm
So this year my science class is Chemistry and my chem teacher assigned our quarterly project the other day. Our assignment it to research an element from the periodic table, make a resume for that element, and make an advertisement to try and "sell" our element.
We also have to make a mole plushie. Like the animal, and it has to relate to the element.
I have Germanium, so I was thinking I'd make a German mole (lol, because Germanium has German in it. I'll call him Germolium)

Anyone have any other mole ideas?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:02 pm
Not a single one, but I love your current thought.

DOMOs Kender child

The Soul Dew Guardian

Timid Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:18 pm
No ideas to offer, sorry.

But at the beginning of the year, we had to construct a tower that holds a tennis ball at the highest point for 10 seconds.
But we had to make the tower out of only bendy straws and pins.

Does your teacher like moles or something?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:37 pm
Lol....Moles.....

Isn't there a non animal mole in chemistry? (I don't take this subject at school so I'm not 100% sure...)

I love your current idea. Maybe you should put the symbol for Germanium on its belly or something, like the Care bears....or you could make it a little hat with this on it.

Weirdest science project I had to do for a science subject was to study alternating behaviour in woodlice. Do you know if you force it to go one way - the next time you give it an option to turn left or right it will go the opposite way to the forced turn? (most of the time....) Pretty neat huh?

Good luck with your mole!!!!  

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 am
I remember doing the mol mole project for chemistry! Except we were allowed to decorate ours in any way we wanted.

I made a WiiMole. --> http://shizukadreams.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d32eszm

:3 Because I can.

If it's going to be a German mole, I suggest using the colors of the German flag (red, black, and yellow). Germany is also well known for wurst, pretzels, and beer, though I'm pretty sure using that last one will land you in trouble. ^_^;;  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 am
Definitely the sex. ed poster project.
Condoms galore..
gonk

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

reshi xx

Tipsy Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 am
A model of a plant cell... made out of cake.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:32 pm
Stormgem
Lol....Moles.....

Isn't there a non animal mole in chemistry? (I don't take this subject at school so I'm not 100% sure...)

I love your current idea. Maybe you should put the symbol for Germanium on its belly or something, like the Care bears....or you could make it a little hat with this on it.

Weirdest science project I had to do for a science subject was to study alternating behaviour in woodlice. Do you know if you force it to go one way - the next time you give it an option to turn left or right it will go the opposite way to the forced turn? (most of the time....) Pretty neat huh?

Good luck with your mole!!!!

yes a mole (abbreviated mol) is a unit used to measure amounts of a substance! One mol is the amount of particles found in 12.00 grams of Carbon-12! 6.02x10^23. How can you read a periodic table without using them?? I think they were part of our mandatory science courses....
Haha, but that's a cute idea!! smile Good luck with it!!
Umm I did the cell-cake thing except we hollowed out a watermelon and used gummy figures and gelatin!
This weekend I had friends over to work on our calc project to design a board game that reviews stuff from our calc course. We're doing the game of "AP is LIFE" and drew caricatures of all my classmates to put over the pay day squares we're going to ask questions to gain "intellegance points" on. Haha, so some of the kids get big noses and others wear button-up shirts or have wierd hair--in short everyone should know who's who b/c we've been in the same class together for years....I'm excited to play it!! smile  

viper_353

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff