Back to Guilds

Tags: writing, stories, character, development, feedback 

Reply General Discussion
Writer's Block: Your Ideas? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I've never had writer's block. What do you think?
  I hate you. No, like... I really, really hate you right now.
  *runs away crying. Trips on a box of cereal. Eats the box of cereal. Runs away crying again.
  I WAS going to give you a cookie, but....
  Who cares about writer's block when you have Luuuuv.
  I want a pizza. Does anybody have pizza?
  Lucky!!!
  If I were a flower growing wild and free all I'd want is you to be my sweet honey bee (SONG TIME!!!)
View Results

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:26 am
Haarrrgh! I've got writers block right now. I've been trying to respond to my Rps for more than a week now, but I can't think of anything. I'll read all the posts since my last one and then stare blankly at the screen for half an hour before my eyes start to hurt and I give up for an hour or so. At least they haven't started to Pm me asking where I've gone yet.
GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 pm
Writers block is scary. It is a dark and demented cave of nothingness where nothing gets done, nothing can be done and you are miserable because you cant write. All of your projects become worthless. I have had writers block for almost 2 years....Its a very bad funk.....
damaged-reality
I've never had writer's block.
Never.
I don't know why. Maybe I have too many ideas, or something, but I've always had something to write about. I don't know what it feels like, though I can imagine.

So what's it like? What goes through your head during writer's block?

Punkin Avis

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100

SaraDiva728

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:55 pm
Quote:
I've never had writer's block.
Never.
I don't know why. Maybe I have too many ideas, or something, but I've always had something to write about. I don't know what it feels like, though I can imagine.

So what's it like? What goes through your head during writer's block?

Question: Have you had anything you've written published? Do you have any finished works posted anywhere? If you never get writer's block then you must have a lot of material by now.

I wish I were so lucky. I have many ideas too, but I rarely (and I mean RARELY) finish any of them. That is due to A: laziness, B: the inevitable demon Writer's Block, and/or C: my meager vocabulary. Like Arabian Sad says:
Quote:
I suppose I suffer from a case of weak vocabulary. If I didn't know what a toilet was called, I would refer to it as the round, porcelain house appliance full of water found in most restrooms.
Except I own two thesauruses and have one built into my writing program. Now the hardest part of that is getting that first word!  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff