Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply MY GEO IS YOUR GEO! [[Discuss where you live or random info about countries]]
The Bay Area, California

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tell Me When To Go? 8D
  GO!!
  Get Stupid
  Shake them dreads.
  Watch them swang, Watch them swang!!
View Results

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 pm
I found it somewhat amusing that in the game Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, the city the game takes place in is called the Bay Area. xD

But enough of that.

So the Bay Area is located around San Francisco's bay. Hurrhurrhurr. You can guess where the center is, pretty much. The northernmost point of the Bay Area is Redwood City, southernmost being San Jose. Split into different subregions: East Bay, North Bay, South Bay, the Peninsula, San Francisco, San Benito, and Santa Cruz.

Most notable cities here include San Francisco (duh.), Napa, Oakland, and Richmond. We've got fertile lands and pretty nice weather, which is awesome because we've got the Wine Country, with all the wineries, vineyards, and whatnot. Also, SILICON VALLEY. 8D

Man, you should see our diversity here. According to the 2007 American Community Survey, the Bay Area's population was 6.958 million, up from 6.784 million in 2000. In 2000 the racial makeup of the 9 County Bay Area was 58.10% white, 19.01% Asian, 0.54% Pacific Islander, 7.53% black, 0.64% Native American, 9.24% from other races, and 4.93% from two or more races. 19.39% of the population was Hispanic or Latino of any race. 27.36% of the population was foreign born; of this, 51.31% from Asia, 32.46% came from Latin America, 11.39% from Europe, 4.84% from other parts of the world. Of course, welcome to almost-2011. It needs to be UPDATED, WIKIPEDIA. B|

We also live along a multitude of fault lines. Famously, the San Andreas Fault. Also, we're overdue for another earthquake. Brace yourself if you ever come here for a visit.

HOW 'BOUT THEM A'S? (Oakland baseball) 8D
Or RAIDERS? (Oakland football)
Or NINERS? (SF football)
GIANTS? (SF baseball)
WARRIORS!! (basketball)

Home of the Hyphy Movement. "Hyphy" is kinda like slang, created by Keak Da Sneak. Or a shortening of "hyperactive." Similar to "crunk" and "G-funk." The phrase "to get hyphy" refers to when an individual acts or dances in an overstated, fast paced, and ridiculous manner. The act itself would be called "Getting stupid" or "Going dumb." Fun business. xD

..... MC Hammer. :'D
It's funny, one of my archery classmates knew him before he got famous. He cussed him out, and since then MC Hammer didn't like him anymore. xDDD
E-40. He's badass. He hella cool for donating to my old high school's drum line.
Oh, and also, before I forget: TUPAC SHAKUR and Hieroglypics.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:13 pm
Giants just won the world series. O:
*is not really a baseball fan*  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:16 pm
Jin the Shadow Wolf

my mother o_o;; she's psychopathic over the giants...she went screaming around the house when they won and I could hear her over my music being at its loudest >___O;;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:59 pm
Jedi Master Acey
Jin the Shadow Wolf

my mother o_o;; she's psychopathic over the giants...she went screaming around the house when they won and I could hear her over my music being at its loudest >___O;;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'M SO ANNOYED!! I'M NOT EVEN A BASEBALL FAN OR ANYTHING!! D<
Within the last hour or so after the game ended, I swear I got like 15 texts saying stuff like "OMG, GIANTS WON, GIANTS WON!! FETERTREATAETAETWEW!!"fdgidsahgkghaj

*headdesks* And then a phone call of my friend squealing at me over their victory. Ugh. <=.=>  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

MY GEO IS YOUR GEO! [[Discuss where you live or random info about countries]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces