Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Item Archive

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to tracking active and inactive sponsorships, events, and misc. Free Items and Free gold 

Tags: free item, freebie, sponsorship item, sponsorship, free item archive 

Reply Main
[Guide] Halloween 2010

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:06 am
I know this is long overdue. Sorry! But here is a mini-guide to the 2010 Halloween Event.

Trick or Treating
Method 1: Towns
Walk around towns finding little pumpkin bots in from of user's houses. Click on the bots and collect a candy (some will not give you one and you can only get one candy per go around). Collect 100 candies and visit Jack in the center square of each town block. Do this 8 times to earn the items. This method requires users to focus entirely upon Towns to get the candies.

Method 2: Shops
Visit the festive shop keepers to trick or treat! Collect 15 candies and earn a prize. The candies are on a 1 minute timer so this method is best for when you are multitasking. Refreshing a page will also allow you to gain a candy as long as at least 1 minute has passed.

Grave Danger:
Defeat the 18 lesser ghosts to earn gold (25,500g total) and better fighting skills to use against the Boss Ghosts as they unlock. Attacks are based on luck so if you fail the first time around, try again.

Each day, with the exception of the weekends, a new Boss Ghost will unlock. When they are defeated, you will earn an item. However, there has to be enough Gaians who defeat the Boss so the item will be unlocked. Just be sure to always double check that you have been granted the item. Clicking on the treasure chest will give you a link to the item grant.

Strategy suggestion: Fight Big Foot using the "best attack" skill you have and replenish your Courage when needed. After you defeat him, you will gain a much more powerful attack. Go after Dinky next to earn the most power attack in the event. After Dinky is defeated, mop up the opponents for easy gold and loot.

zOMG!
Jack:
Jack is a random spawn who appears after a number of ghosts are killed. Just wander around the area killing ghosts (100-250g per ghost plus a chance of special recipes and drops). When Jack arrives, you will certainly hear him shout his arrival. You can also use the zOMG! forum to hunt for Jack.

The first time you kill Jack, you will earn a special item reward and gold (28,000+). Every time afterwards, you will simply earn the gold reward. Jack will appear randomly in all the zOMG! maps and his level will be one level above the highest level of the area he is appearing in. Otami Ruins is the exception where Jack will appear as a CL 15 with 225,000 HP. Otami!Jack will net you larger gold rewards but it will take exponentially longer to kill him.

Ghosts:
Ghosts are randomly hiding through zOMG! Attack them (they're all level 1) to earn gold and special Halloween loot rewards.

(I will add the items you earn later. Please post with any questions you have or strategies you wish to share to complete the event!)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:28 am
Here's a way that helped me defeat the ghosts; Kill all of the ghosts that gives you special abilities first then go kill those who gives you gold.  

Mokonae

Vice Captain

Wolf

iKawaiiKyle
Crew

5,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:06 am
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Ⓒarolina Ⓢays...
╚══════════════╝

User Image

Jack is easy to defeat XD
good strategy Mokona, i think ill do that

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:19 am
Here's a list of the Halloween Items you get from Trick-or-Treating:
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Stomping Boots
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Silk Boxers
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Cuffed Trousers
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Twisted Hat
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Flashy Cape
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Sharp Coat
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Reaping Sword
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Pumpkin Cravat  

laluneserene

Wicked Wife

34,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Lord Shadow IX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:27 am
LaLuneSerene
Here's a list of the Halloween Items you get from Trick-or-Treating:
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Stomping Boots
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Silk Boxers
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Cuffed Trousers
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Twisted Hat
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Flashy Cape
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Sharp Coat
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Reaping Sword
User Image Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Pumpkin Cravat

If your too lazy just make a trade to me, il trade you everything by the cravat and the sword I'm keeping  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:47 pm
I have defeated all 18 ghost plus the first 2 boss ghosts....now I am just waiting until Monday be able to defeat the 3rd boss ghost. pirate  

Angel_Bear

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:06 am
Hey gang. <3

I'm really sorry I haven't updated this thread yet...I've been swamped with this research paper that is due tomorrow (but that means I can update it tomorrow so yay!). In the mean time, for all zOMG! Halloween event info, this thread is absolutely fantastic. Far better and much more detailed that I could do for the event.

I will be back tomorrow with updates in the original post. Please keep up with any tips, hints, or whatnot to help fellow guildies out. c: <3  
Main

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games