Submit

Just Call Me Shan

Dangerous UFO

25,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:52 am
Confused...I call myself a girl and yet I still act like a guy a lot. I don't really understand. Is it my unconscious trying to tell me that I should be a guy? D: I don't like being a guy, I mean, it just doesn't feel natural when my friends and family tell me to cut my hair or to stop acting strange.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 pm
Oh, I know that feeling :[ Makes you doubt yourself and your intentions a lot... I do a LOT of girly things and even occasionally dress in girly clothes because I'll randomly feel like it, but I still associate with being male. I think part of it is because of the way society conditioned me. Saying... "You're a girl, act like this, kthxbai." So, naturally, I've always had to act like that in order to fit in and it mostly became habit.
I still scream at bugs (though maybe not as much as many girls might), still have my hair long, still carry myself femininely and even sway my hips as I walk out of habit .__.; I'll keep my legs crossed tight and things like that. You know, things guys don't really... do. But I still feel very much like a guy, regardless... So I'm sure it's something similar with you. I think there's a varying degree of both genders when it comes to people like you and I... People born one way but striving to be another because on the inside, they ARE another. We know what it's like to (unfortunately) be our birth gender... And yet we still associate so much with the gender we SHOULD be that we kind of end up acting like both, I guess? Weird stuff. But I say that's normal. Normal being a relative term, of course. I think you're normal the way you act :] I highly doubt you act strange at all, even when being feminine. Your friends and family just have a misinterpretation on what "strange" is. *nods*
So I don't think it's really all that much to worry about... I assume you were raised as a guy, so there's going to be an amount of masculinity in some things you do. I mean, plenty of straight, not-transgendered women have very tomboy-ish and male qualities to them. Just like some straight, not-transgendered men have really girly qualities.

Le Sapphoux

Madame Havoc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:56 pm
I'm like the complete opposite sometimes.
I dress like a guy alot D":
And I happen to be bisexual so i makes eveerything a bit worse .___.
So...., I'm a bit comfused too D;  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 pm
pfft...I'm a MAN...
well, I swear if I didn't have boobs or womanparts, I would fit the role pretty decently o_o; I don't really act very womanly apart from lovin' pink.

I don't act very girly o_o; I mean...almost everything I do could be considered unisex.

But...uh...yeah, don't consider the things you do as pertaining to just one certain gender, but just as being human! =D Iguess...  

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The Rainbow Forum [[The Random People's Very Own Gay-Straight Alliance]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items