Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Holy deflation, Batman, I really WAS gone for a long time.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lol
  Deflation
View Results

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:35 pm
So, the other day, after posting in Aadi's thread, I get a brown enchanted trunk, and think "HELL YES! I SHOULD SELL THIS." Except...It's worth next to nothing. K?

Today, I'm hunting deals in the marketplace so I can resell for a profit, and I came across the fresh grass skirt for 300 gold. My heart skips. Then I see that they're all like that. Then I look at the Nitemare headband. 93k. Wha?

Guys, I know before I left, those little bastards were worth sooooooo much more. xD

What happened? I remember thinking back in the day, "Since when is the the goddamn grass skirt so expensive!?" And If I recall correctly, the nitemare headband was like 200k or summat to that effect.

Guys, what the hell's with all the deflation? What the heck did I miss? Why is the pink giftbox worth, like, 5k when it used to go for 37?

Sorry if I'm soundin' like a n00b out here, but seriously, the heck? Was I gone for that long?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:26 pm
I know what happened with the Fresh Grass Skirt (it became a male/female item and more common from the giftbox), although I am not sure what happened with the Headbands. My only assumption is that they became more common, too. And pink giftboxes are more common, too, imo. You can get them from playing Booty Grab. Maybe they've also deflated from all of the newer, prettier items Gaia's been releasing lately.  

comfylove
Crew

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 pm
Well, those two items are from the pink giftbox. With the boxes being more commen, of course the items are going to deflate.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:08 pm
I bought my Angelic Scarf for 155K in 2004.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 am
@Comfy & Cold- Wait. Wha? More common? So, wait, giftboxes occur more commonly, now?

And also, with the newer prettier items, there are so many, and it seems like anything worth buying comes from the damn cash shop; I have no idea what's out there, anymore. xD

@Kosai- I bought a ******** KiKi for 50k. Selling it was the worst mistake I have ever made in the pursuit for gold.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:41 am
You can make a ton of money from the evolving items, but I always pick the ones that drop in value. = When I want gold nowadays, I don my best rings and hunker down in the Sawmill for endless farming.  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:59 am
I don't even know how to make gold anymore, so I just have to go to the marketplace and do it the hard way. xD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:44 pm
I'm kind of glad they finally deflated. I remember thinking, I'll never get the so-and-so!
It kind of makes me sad though, i remember when there was a time when we could all say what such item was because there wasn't a lot in the gaia world. Now with all the new constant additions, i can't even keep up! And I feel that the newer stuff is in higher demand so it's more expensive. Leaving older original Gaia items, to lessen in sad sad pixel value. sad  

Serenade Jade

9,600 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm
ei'sw and cash shops are the new up and ups basically.

i remember being so exited when i got my skirt. then everyone had one of them.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games