Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Green Latern Movie?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay
  or Nay?
View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:19 pm
[x]  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:50 pm
I dont know about this one. I'm really big into comics and The Green Lantern is one of my top 5's. the thing that makes Hal Jordan so great is, he is extremly grounded even tho he has such other worldly powers. From what I can tell they have completly changed Hal Jordans character. What makes him so special is not that he can over come fear but that he has no fear. Idk, maybe I'm jsut a fan girl that is really hard to please ^v^  

juliezombie

BeHappyBeJoyful

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:28 am
The only thing I hate about it is the bad CGI in the trailer. At some points the images look like they are from video cutscenes. But there is still time for the post-production team to tweak with the effects before the movie comes out. Hopefully, the CGI will be much better by then.

It has been a long while since a mainstream DCU superhero who is not Batman or Superman was featured in the movies (I do not count Catwoman as one!). I have high hopes for this. If Green Lantern does well, we may see other DC superheroes on the silver screen in the future!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:52 pm
"Yeah it looks like we might be getting a CGI overload here. I am really worried about the movie. The Superhero genre is doing really well right now, but Batman and Robin showed us how easy it is to bring the whole thing crashing down. They have to do a good job not make people feel embarrassed to like the character. I agree with Julie it does look like they really changed Hal Jordans personality. And I don't know how good an idea it was to make Hector Hammond the first villain. People tolerate Superman because he is a universal icon, people tolerate batman because his villains are real, and people tolerate Iron man because his powers are based in sciene (relatively real).
However Green Lanterns powers call for a complete suspension of disbelief there is no science behind it, he is not particularly iconic outside comic books, and his villain is gonna be a bulge headed psyhic. (not even the primary GL villain)
The movie's success looks dubious."  

Burakku_Kitsune

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
T3h Movie World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items