Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe G a c h a - The Addiction
Gacha--- Funding Technique??? yes or no? Maybe...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Memory482

4,100 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 pm
Those gacha items are really cool, to be honest. At least the gc ones. And I think that that's the problem: GC costs real money, and let's admit it- TinierMe staff is fooling us into spending our money on a virtual game. That is supposed to be free. But... I still think that gacha is something worth keeping around. It's the g-coins that need to go. G-coins inspire massive trading, and it's the g-coins that's ruining TinierMe. Everything is "[W]GC animated" and "I'll trade you for..." now. It's no longer about making friends and simply having fun. Back to gacha. Again, I have to say I totally love the idea. Again, I will also say that the g-coins are ruining TinierMe. But lastly, I think that TinierMe needs to become a community again, one that is bonded by friendship, not material.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:09 pm
The site itself is free to join, but no one said all the items would be free
Free MMOs for example - The game is free to play, and the default items are free to earn via in-game currency. But if you want a boost, or something better (ideally for those who want to stay and play longer), you buy the better stuff with real money. Some other people, like the CC users who stay to play on TM will settle with trading their CCs in exchange for GCs.
This is the type of site TM is. There was never an intention for something free. Even Gaia lives off of real money.

It is true that trading is probably the greatest hype on TM, and right now, with the alchemy event going, it's basically all that is happening on there at the moment, there is still community =)

To be honest, I blame the lacking forums and group format that TM is currently using. The way they function right now is very lame and sort of difficult to use - especially since we don't get custom ID urls visible in our address bars when we create threads or posts Dx
It'd be great if they had something more like what Gaia has, like thread subscription or a warning for whenever you're quoted.

I disagree though about the cool gacha items - a lot of the items I like are CC items (and not even the old ones.) That red Artist beret is adorable! And those new shirts that came out with the new gacha (in the CC section) are awesome! Sometimes the CC items are lame, but TM does offer some really nice CC gacha items.
A lot of the CCs we get are GCs over at atGames.jp

We all know that GCs will never be gone, no matter what the users do, and a mass boycott in attempt to remove GCs would never be possible.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

taekjoon

Hallowed Warlord

18,475 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:51 pm
Right now, the only attractive feature on that website are the Gacha items.
Maybe towns and chats but most of all Gachas.
If TM wants to go away from that greedy looking image then they have to focus more on forums like Gaia Online. Well, not exactly as Gaia since
this site demands a lot of cash as well but you know what I mean xD

I'm really glad that 8 out of 10 Gachas are themes that I dislike or items, which do not spark my interest. That's the only reason why I'm not spending
hundreds of €'s / $'s on the items.
You can always make some mules and get them to receive the 100 friend bonus to earn CC items for you and if you are lucky, you can earn GC tickets.

TinierMe G a c h a - The Addiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games