Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Guys, there are some strange commercials out there. xD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuzzy Fuzzy
  Cute Cute
View Results

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 am
So, I come back in from Deathly Hallows last night (which was awesome, by the way, but I regretted it this morning in class), and my laptop just has this up in the browser, thanks to one roommates. So, I leave it until this morning and watch it. All I can say is "What?"

All I can get from that commercial is that those animals are so damn cute that it should be illegal. I don't even know what kind of cell phone they're trying to sell, nor do I understand the point of it.

But, then, there are other commercials, which just make me go what the hell? Like this one. It comes on daytime TV back home, and it's for tax firm. I kid you not.

So guys, what are some of the more bizarre/funny/gross/downright freaking weird commercials you've seen?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:47 am
It's weird to think that you have classes today. xD; My university only has a few Friday classes - usually labs if anything. I've never had a Friday class here.

The commercial I can think of off the top of my head is for these resistant pants that are suppose to shape you up. My friend was watching Glee online last night, and it kept playing. Starts off with shots of woman's butts. Ya know, as they run or play with their baby (which makes it kind of weird to me). Then it rewinds and shows their pants and shirts which apparently help them tone up.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:19 am
PainfullyVivid
It's weird to think that you have classes today. xD; My university only has a few Friday classes - usually labs if anything. I've never had a Friday class here.

The commercial I can think of off the top of my head is for these resistant pants that are suppose to shape you up. My friend was watching Glee online last night, and it kept playing. Starts off with shots of woman's butts. Ya know, as they run or play with their baby (which makes it kind of weird to me). Then it rewinds and shows their pants and shirts which apparently help them tone up.

I go to a private school of less than 500 students, so we're always busy. And it's really unusual to not have some sort of rehearsal. Days off, here, are very, very rare. xD

That commercial makes me think of the "Booty Pop," which from the commercials, I've gathered, is a Bump-It for your butt.

And then there's that new, Reebok Reetone commercial, which is totally an a** commercial with some sneakers in it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:00 pm
Ah. I see.

Yeah. I think it might be a continuation of the Reebok one? xD Like it begins as if it's that one and then switches to a different product.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Fuji_hobo_jacket

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 pm
I think the commercial itself wasn't all singy songy and that's just Parry Gripp working his (her?) magic.

Another parry gripp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q&feature=related  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:17 am
The commercial for the baby animal one was actually this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-opyE2AeU

SO cute. XD  

~ Milk Mynk ~

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:00 pm
I saw this commercial late at night a few weeks ago.. I was like "LOL WUT?!"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:55 am
xd Though I've only seen it once I saw a commercial at the end of last month that made me think what?  

BM Vivi

Questionable Seeker

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:51 am
PG-13 ALERT:

Axe; Wash your Balls commerical. Enough said.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games