Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I gots a big ol' splinter in my thumb.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ria/Darwin: It is not the strongest of the species,
  nor the most intelligent that survives.
  It is the one most adaptable to change.
View Results

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:10 pm
User Image

Kiss it and make it all better? D:

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:41 pm
I'll lick it and possibly make it feel better for a little while... Of course, you really need to get that splinter out of your finger if you want to make sure that you don't get an infection or anything like that.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:10 pm
Um sure o.o' ~does so~  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:11 pm
Thanks, guys! blaugh And I still have it today. D: It still hurts alot. I took a pin and was trying to dig the thing out my skin, but it won't budge. I tried squeezing it out, but to no avail. If it gets any worse, I'll head to a doctor.  

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 pm
I know this may hurt, but take a warm bath or soak the area in hot water for a bit then carefully with a pair of nail clippers snip at the top of where the splinter is.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:27 am
Giesta
I know this may hurt, but take a warm bath or soak the area in hot water for a bit then carefully with a pair of nail clippers snip at the top of where the splinter is.

this  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:58 am
Giesta

That is a really good idea. It sounds as though it would work..  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:36 am
Ouchie!! I always use cuticle clippers to get mines out, they have a nice sharp point.  

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:07 pm
I couldn't get it out since it was buried in its entirety under my skin, so not even an end of it was poking out of my skin. gonk I took an old man's advice on Thursday and applied some hot soft candle to my finger, left it for a few hours, and then peeled it off. The candle when it had hardened, pinched my skin, forcing the splinter to reach just to the point of breaking the skin. I was able to squeeze it out without hurting. :p

And man! It was funky! @~@ There was ALOT of green inflammation that came out with it. Mom was stunned, too, at how long the splinter was. She joked that it was almost the whole chair that was in my finger! burning_eyes

Anyway, now I have a big hole in my thumb. rofl It's healing, though, and I've been putting some anti-biotic ointment on it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 pm
candle wax? hmm I'll have to try that the next time i get one...  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:20 am
I have heard of doing that as well, and people have told me of a similar way with using like Elmers Glue or such to do the same thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:51 pm
I have had a similar splinter a few years ago from my present Job.

I was stack wooden pallets ontop of each other and I picked up a rather heavy one and leaned it over so it would fall on top of the stack, well it fell wrong so I caught it and it jammed a about 1/4 of an inch splinter just below my knuckle of my thumb on my right hand.

It hurt so bad, I had it checked out but couldnt get it out, and finally had to wait close to 2 weeks for it to get puffed up before I could dig it out with a pair of twysers with a warm bath to soften the skin up and it was infected a bit as well.  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:19 pm
I must remember to try that one with the glue. confused

And damn, boy! A 1/4 inch splinter?! eek Le ouch! gonk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:19 am
The werid thing is just after it happened it wasnt really hurting a lot it just got to be numb after a few minutes, then after it had gotten to a point where it was red a bit close to two weeks later I was able to make it come out after it started to look like a rather nasty pimple. sweatdrop

Believe me it sucked when it happened, it would have been worse it it had hit the boney part of my thumb instead of the upper part that had more skin.  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games