Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm very worried about my grandad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you worry a lot?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:23 am
So a while back my grandad went for a scan on his chest, and they found something on his lung. They first said it might be tissue damage, but then he was told he had to go for another scan. So he had another scan on Thursday. Now I'm worried, very worried. Why would they need another scan? They should have found out what was wrong with my grandad from the first scan.

Anyway, he smokes and has tried to quit smoking but he gets extremely bad tempered and sneakily smokes so there's no point in telling him to quit anymore as the whole family can't deal with his mood swings.

He coughs constantly and because he's coughing so much sometimes a bit of blood comes up, or he will throw up. You can literally hear him wretching.

I just don't want it to be bad news, and because I'm thinking of the negative more than the positive it's starting to play on my mind a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 am
So I've just been told by my gran that she's had a phone call from the hospital and they want to see my grandad tomorrow.
Now I really am worried. Why would they need to tell him to go to the hospital straight away? He only had the scan on Thursday. crying  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:01 am
The news that I didn't want to bloody hear!
They think my grandad might have lung cancer. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:12 am
That's terrible, I really hope he is okay sad  

scrub
Crew

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:34 am
scrub
That's terrible, I really hope he is okay sad

He's in a bad way because he's hardly eating anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm
~*~

If they get to it quickly, they should be able to n** it in the bud. Or so it worked with my grandmother.
She had a few spots on her lung, so they just went in and removed that part of the lung. She has like, one and a half lungs now. Back to her spry old self, though, God help us.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:00 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
~*~

If they get to it quickly, they should be able to n** it in the bud. Or so it worked with my grandmother.
She had a few spots on her lung, so they just went in and removed that part of the lung. She has like, one and a half lungs now. Back to her spry old self, though, God help us.

~*~

Well, I'm glad your grandmother is well now.

I hope that we can find a cure for cancer one day.

They say whatever it is has grown in size since his last scan on Thursday. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 pm
Oh dear, I'm really sorry. I hope they manage to remove it with not too many difficulties, but if it turns out he isn't ok, then I hope you can spend as much time as possible with him.  

Annai-chansan

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:23 pm
Annai-chansan
Oh dear, I'm really sorry. I hope they manage to remove it with not too many difficulties, but if it turns out he isn't ok, then I hope you can spend as much time as possible with him.

Well, tomorrow he has to go to the hospital for a camera that will check if they can operate or not.
We won't get the results probably until next week.

Today when I woke up, I wished that it was just a dream but then reality hit me. It wasn't a dream, and that it's really happening.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:00 pm
My condolences. I really do hope that it turns out to be operable, and that he'll be okay. ]:

My mom had breast cancer, and I can say that it was the scariest time of my life.

Nexus Carbuncle

[Smecksay Lemons]

6,250 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:46 am
Ah man, I'm so sorry to hear that.. Hopefully they'll be able to operate and he'll be okay.

My grandfather just died indirectly from colon cancer.. He let the tumor get so big that it burst his colon, which helped in damaging his liver, and from years of smoking and being exposed to asbestos, he needed new lungs. The need for a lung and liver transplant is what killed him, he couldn't go through the surgery because he was weakened so much by this cancer.

The good part in that is while they thought there was no hope in operating on this tumor, they found that they were able to take it out, and it had not spread (this thing was there for they say about a year or so, so it's a miracle it was in a smaller surface area and never spread.). So there's always hope. As long as they get it early, everything should be okay. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:30 am
Just an update to let you all know that he got his results back and it is 100% cancer. They brought my family into a small room and told them that they will do a biospy to see if they can do chemo. However, the lung cancer has spread like wild fire and has grown. This may be my last Christmas with my grandad. I'm not going to want to celebrate it. crying  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 am
This will sound like the hardest thing to do right now...

Celebrate it. Do every family tradition, take millions of photos and videos, and ask him about his past, the things that made the holidays special to him growing up.

What I regret most about losing my grandparents is not having the chance to spend much time with them, especially during the holdiays before they died. You'll want these memories, bittersweet though they are, when he's gone. In time the pain of it will fade and you'll smile when you watch the videos and think about the conversations you've had with him.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:11 pm
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Spend a lot of time with him this Christmas.  

Aaditya

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff