fishhhhhh (pics)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jeeed

Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:11 am
I was able to get some good pics... and some not so good pics razz The krib fry are REALLY hard to photograph close up. If I come to one side of the tank, they collectively move to the opposite side.

User Image

Full tank shot... Need to fix that water level xp I thinned out the vallisneria in the back left. Still need to change the substrate as well... but that will be a different journey x.x

Watersprite has grown a lot compared to the last pic I had.

User Image

You can also see I cut down the lily a LOT.

User Image

krib fry.. like i said, hard to photograph

User Image

Best close-up I was able to get.

User Image

another good one. I have a feeling they aren't growing fast because of my lazyness to feed them BBS sad but they are developing at least!

Old pic from a few days after they hatched:

User Image

Was able to get two nice shots of my pleco! You can see more bristles are starting to grow. smile and starti8ng to branch off as well, yay!

User Image

User Image

Also got some shots of the kribs

User Image

User Image

User Image

They've spawned twice since their initial spawn, but... The second batch hatched but I didn't see any after the first day. As for the third one, I don't think they even hatched. I think it may have been my fault for keeping the lights off for a while due to algae.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:34 am

Cuuute. The babies are adorable. Do krib parents do any care for the fry?

Your bn is looking good. I still can';t really tell if mine is male or female because his bristles are small and only on the tip of his nose, but I figure he wouldn't even have any this young if he was female.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Jeeed

Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:00 am
The krib parents care for the fry and they're amazing at it smile They stopped after about a month and then I moved the fry to the 10g.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Are the kribs in the tank with the bn and the cherry barbs, or did you move them to breed? Reason I ask is, I had a similar set-up last year. A pair of german blue rams, bloodfin tetras, a BN pleco, and about 10 pygmy cories. The rams spawned but the eggs would always be gone the next morning. I don't know if it was just a case of bad parenting, or if there were too many fish in the tank to hope that the parents could defend the eggs and fry.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Jeeed

Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:13 pm
They stayed in the tank when they bred. Actually did it about a week after I put them in the tank. They've spawned twice since but each time the fry were gone. I think it's because i messed up their internal clocks by not turning on the lights for days due to cyanobacteria problems.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:08 pm

This is good news then. When I upgrade to a 20g long I plan on getting another paid of rams and I'd like babies from them without trying too hard.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:20 pm
Vanilla eXee

Are the kribs in the tank with the bn and the cherry barbs, or did you move them to breed? Reason I ask is, I had a similar set-up last year. A pair of german blue rams, bloodfin tetras, a BN pleco, and about 10 pygmy cories. The rams spawned but the eggs would always be gone the next morning. I don't know if it was just a case of bad parenting, or if there were too many fish in the tank to hope that the parents could defend the eggs and fry.

It was the Bloodfins. No joke. When I still had my Bloodfins in the 20 long (they are in a 25 high at school now), they would follow around my female Guppies as they were dropping and eat the fry as they came out, those brats!

The babies are looking great, Jeddi-kun! Its so cute how they went from being all forehead to looking just like mom and dad in just a few weeks! =D I love your Pleco, too. My uncle has one (piad $25 for the thing! O.o) and everyone loves him heart  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 am

Naw, the bloodfins were the easiest thing in there for the parents to defend against. I'm putting my money on the pleco. He was belligerent.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Pictures

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items