View Results

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:05 pm
I was wondering if anyone wanted to share studying tips?

Finals are coming up in just two weeks (at least at my school) so I was wondering how everyone else studies for their finals/in general. Flashcards? Study groups? Taking the same notes over and over? Once I had a friend who drew short comics about concepts she was studying to help!

For me, I just re-read the passages assigned in English and History over and over, and I mark up the most important places with sticky notes. I also spend lunchtime/between breaks conversing with friends about the different people/events to challenge myself and help me remember. Sometimes I also make flashcards for this too. 3nodding

Then for Math and Physics, I make looooots of flashcards with all the formulas and concepts and vocabulary. I also go through the books and do the problems with the answers in the back of the book. I award myself with a piece of candy/minute of TV time/etc for every problem I get right. :3

Then there's Art and PE, but those are pretty much impossible to study for. sweatdrop

So yeah, I pretty much swear by using flashcards. What about everyone else?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:24 pm
User Image

User Image

I don't study.. like, ever. >.>;; I don't need to.
And I don't have to take semesters this semester, so ;D

Good Luck

Epicfied

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:42 pm
I use flashcards and music to study. Remembering things in a song format helps me remember things easier. :3
Oh, and disconnecting the internet helps from distractions, especially in my case. I know how you feel- my finals are this week. Good luck. D:  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:37 am
I study for everything except math by rewriting my notes over and over again! That's usually all I need to know cause I guess I'm just one of those lucky learners who writes something down, says it outloud and has got it! For math though I redo all sorts of problems, doing both the basic and the tricky to make sure I understand all of the concepts! English I can't study much for except for by rereading and writing notes on the texts we've studied in class. And I love study groups, although it usually ends up in me tutoring everybody else off from memory, getting bored, and me finally deciding that we all need to go to Starbucks and study some time else.....so they just end up costing me money, and I get less out of it!! It's still waaayy fun though!!! biggrin heart  

viper_353

Tolora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 am
User Image
T o l o r a ♥ Says-

I wish i could say i studied xDD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 am
I used Hand Motions In High School To Memorize My Prepostions  

Arianna Loves Chu

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:21 pm
I have never been able to study at home.. so that was always out of the question for me unless it was absolutely necessary.

I did much better in a school environment.. such as a class room or library.
I found that if I studied there its easy for me to remember because when I go to test Ill be used to the environment & much more comfortable.

I know it's been a few months since your post.. but I hope you did well on your tests & wish you well on your futures ones as well :3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:39 pm
I use different rhythms and pacing. I walk around, tap my leg to a particular beat and say what I'm remembering out loud. It's severely annoying to other people, so I study on my own. c:  

Fille aux Cheveux de Lin

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff