Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xKoAnne

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am
Okay, I just thought that I'd ask a few questions....

I started doing this online High school back in August.
I seemed to really LOVE it at first, but then I started to miss the benifits of public school. for Example; friends you can actuallly see.
Instead of the ones i video chat with.
Then, if Itell my parents I want to go back to my public school, that would have benn 200 dollars, wasted on renting me a laptop, and paying for the fees. I would also miss being able to sleep in and do school whenever, have the freedom to get on facebook and gaia during school. I would also miss the friends I made there. I dunno. What do you guys think?
Do any of you guys do online school? What do you think of it?

Also, I think this goes here, because it deals with school...
but its also advice, so...I had no idear where to put it. I picked here. duh.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:17 pm
Personally, I applaud you for trying to attend an online school.
It's something I could never do- I need to be in a learning environment or otherwise I fail, despite how anti-social I am.

I honestly think that attending an online school is bad- school is not only a place of learning but also a place where young kids can learn to socialize face to face, not behind a computer screen. Sure, you give up the freedoms of sleeping in, being able to get on Facebook or Gaia, but you do that no matter where you go- like for work or visiting places.
Fortunately, you can keep the friends you made there at the online school- you can to continue video chatting with them, or ask them for their messengers. Likewise, there is disadvantages to going to a public school, but really- you weight out the good and the bad, and ask yourself, 'do I really want this?'  

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

Tsukuyomi25021

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:58 pm
Online is actually pretty good especially if you live in a *hellhole* town like mine, where if you screw up once = written off for life.
Plus you know how fights and ridiculous accusations from the school can happen too (my brother got accused of so many things that are completely untrue (this is from the school board) and blamed completely for every single incident he had whether he started it or not). So in come cases it is a good idea.
But then again public school allows social time, (i personally don't need as much, plus social time wears me out.) which allows you to get ready for the real world.
But then again, the real world is beginning to turn to computers.
You have sooo much lenience with the online school, personally I think I'd benefit from it...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:30 pm
I myself am a homeschooler. I have been homeschooled since Kindergarten. Now the main reason for my homeschooling, is because the schools in the places we've been living at have god awful test scores. For about... 3 years I had been begging and begging my mother to send me to public school. But the way I've gone through schooling, my mom believes I don't have the efficiency in schooling to keep up with other kids. Being homeschooled you really are on your own time. It wasn't till I had hit high school I had realized how great it was to be homeschooled. I can go on vacations with my parents without having to miss school, and it's much easier to do homework early so you can have more days off.

I'm about to move next week, so homeschooling is the perfect thing for me right now. I can still be up to date with schooling, and be moving two states away. If you miss your old friends, you can walk to their school (if it's close enough) and hang with them while they walk back. Homeschooling doesn't keep you from being social, I have had many friends who had gone to public school. And even with that, I realize their educational level is not the same as mine. I had one friend who had a hard time memorizing a small paragraph for an initiation at a camp, but I memorized it in no time flat. I'm telling you, it's not as bad as it seems.

Wumps

Tipsy Tipper

29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces