Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Fanfictions
No Title Yet!!! (open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  OMG THIS IS AMAZING!
  It's okay
  DIslike
  SO HORRIBLE I DIED READING IT!
View Results

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:04 pm
They hopped off the subway in one of the crappiest parts of New York “This should be fun.” Leo said smiling widely as they walked up the stairs.

“So were is the proposed nest?” Maria asked taking stride next to her brother. Jason fell back to walk with Melanie, she appriciated the company but she figured that those two normally left him out of there conversations.

“What are those two talking about?” Melanie asked reaching into her pocket and pulling out her scanner. A couple of the runes started to glow as they moved further and further into the city slumbs.

“Who know, probably battle strategies, or the best way to infiltrate a building or something along those lines.” Melanie felt a pang then in her stomic. Jason seemed to notice. “What’s up?”

“Homesick.” Melanie said softly, “Jane, my best friend, and I use to talk about what we would do when we got back to the Institue.” She felt a heavyness in her throat. “That is till one day she didn’t come back.”

Shock spread over Jason’s face as though she had just said she was a fairy that had come to spread worl joy to everyone. “What happened?” he asked concern etched in his features.

Melanie tapped the sensor as another run flashed indicating they were getting closer to the nest. “It was a typical rade. Mom and a couple members of the Boston Conclave had tracked down a fairly large one with some really powerful demons so she wanted help cleaning it out. Jane and I jumped on it. We were strong fighters so mom let us tag along.” She felt her hand twitch involutarily “During the fight Jane and I got seperated. I wasn’t scared it had happened before and I thought she would be okay.” Another one flashed they were getting close. “When we managed to kill most of them I saw her, lieing in a pool of blood. I ran over… but the healing rune wouldn’t work. She was  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 pm
already dead.” She paused for a second to hit the sensor in her hand trying to get it to work “Jane wasn’t the only one we lost that night. Some lady had come in early that day and ended up getting eaten by one of them. We found her foot. That was it.”

She could feel Jason’s stare on her. There were no tears in her eyes, she had been past crying over that for a long time now. “That must have been hard.” She looked at him as the last rune blinked on the sensor.

Melanie looked up at the abandoned apartment building the letters spelling out ‘Chelsea’ across the enterence. “Well they have crappy taste.” She looked ahead and saw that Leo and Maria were still walking. “Guys the nest is here!” she yelled.

Leo turned his head around looking at Melanie disbelieveingly. “That’s not the address Jace geve us!” he yelled pointing down the road a ways.

“Well the sensor is saying it’s here!” Leo and Maria walked back snatching the sensor from her.

“Fine.” Said Leo after convincing himself she wan’t making it up. “You two wait here.” He pointed to heis sister “We’ll check it out.”

“Excuse me.” Melanie said crossing her arms across her chest “You’re not the boss of me.” She strode ahead Jason at her heals as she flung open the door. The inside was in just a much disrepair as the outside. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the carpet under there feet was decrepted and moldy with scorch marks here and there from were people had burned fires to stay warm. Melanie strod over to the stairwell and looked up it. There were at least 10 flights ziggzaging there way up each floor.

“Looks like if you hop the railing there you’ll drop four floors.” Maria said coming over next to Melanie. “That will be a problem if they try to flee, we won’t be able to hop the railing without killing ourselves.”  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:08 pm
“That’s simple to fix.” Leo said starting up the staircase shoving Melanie aside. “Don’t let them escape.” Melanie rolled her eyes before heading up behind him. “Demons normally nest in the upper floors, no human buggs them there.” Leo said looking back at her.

“I know. Been to a demon nest before. Quite a few actually.” Melanie said pulling out a serph blade “Gabriel” she mouthed watching as it started to glow. Leo and Jason following suit. Maria held out her hand a gold whip coiling out from under her sleeve. “You prefer a whip?” Melanie asked startled.

“Actually I prefer these.” She pulled back the waist of her coat revealing Six throwing blades lining her waist. “It’s just that I can’t always get to them when I need them. So I have this as a backup.”

As they treked up the stairs it started to reak of garbage so potint it burned her noise. “There’s a lot.” Jason said covering his nose.

“And this is why I wanted you to stay at the bottom.” Leo snapped at him. “I can’t be watching you the whole time.”

“Leo.” Melaine said to him. “Do us all a favor and Shut up.” She was straining her ears as it was to try to see how many there were.

“Why the hell should I listen to you. Y-“ He stopped dead when he turned to see her glareing at him. Melanie listened closer, could hear the chomp of teeth, the ripping of flesh, the growl of a beast sinking it’s teeth into dinner.

“They’re eating.” She said as Leo placed his hand on the knob for the tenth floor. “Locked.” Melanie pushed him aside placing her stele on the door and quickly looping an open rune. She tried it again, it still wouldn’t open.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm
“Back up, and be ready.” She brought her foot up and kicked out at the door sending it flying open and bashing into the wall. She was expecting to see a hallway with doors on either side, but that wasn’t the case. Someone had cleared out all the walls to the entire floor you could see the shadows of were they had ones been. And demons. Lots of them spread out and all munching on something. Jason tried to step around Melanie and tripped over the door frame. His blade went flying across the floor as his face met it casing a loud smack to reverberate threwout the room.

“s**t.” Leo cursed as the demons all turned to them. They stood on two legs their arms were long and gangly seeming like there were to heavy for them to actually hold up. What caught Melanie was their face. They had eyes sunk so far in, it looked like there was nothing there. Their teeth looked as sharp as razors.

Melanie snatched Jason up off the floor as one of them lept at him. She swung her blade, taking off it’s head in mid-leap. It hit the ground with a sickening thud already colapsing in on itself. Melanie charged the demon closest to her seeing out of the corner of her eye Leo and Maria do the same. She Stabbed the one in frount of her in the chest and turned in time to see a couple of Maria’s blades slice threw air and sink into a couple demon’s chests. Another lashed out at her. She dodged around it sinking the blade deep into what Melanie thought was it’s throat. Black blood gushed from the wound as it started to crumple and disappear.

She looked around to see that they seemed to be surrounding one imperticularly large one, That was the mother. She swung the blade around taking off one’s arm and jabbing another square in the chest. She cried out in alarm as something slamed into her back knocking her forward. She rolled and was back on her feet expecting to see a demon but instead found it was Jason, who had apparently been knocked back into her. She rolled her eyes before throwing Gabriel at the one attacking him. It wizzed by his head missing it by inches before sinking straight into it’s chest.  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:10 pm
She pulled out her duel blades swinging them to either side of her taking off the heads of the two that were trying to surround her. She quickly sped across the room slidding under Maria’s whip as it lashed out encircling one of the creatures toursos splitting it completely in half. “Maria” she yelled as she popped back up to her feet. “The mother is over there!” Maria’s head whipped before giving her a thumbs up.

Jason was already working his way over there when Melanie and Maria joined up with him. The three of them cut down the guards closing in on the mother with quick ease. Maria’s whip lashed threw the air with a resinating crack. They would have been fine. But as he walked over a grin of victory split from ear to ear from having killed the last of the stragglers, Leo slipped on some of the demon blood that splattered the floor. As he fell the demon saw the advantage and lept over him.

“You dumb a**!” Maria screeched at him as she released one of her knifes that sank into the ground a few inches from it’s foot.

Melanie gave a quick look of agravation at Leo then took off after it as it slamed threw the door taking to the stairs. By the time Melanie ran threw the door the demon had already manged to run down two flights of stairs and was coming down the third. She didn’t even think about it she jumped up onto the railing balancing herself, watching the thing carefully as it flew by the small landing and was heading down the fourth flight of stairs. “MELANIE!!” she heard Jason yell from behind her. She smiled let her left foot dangle out in frount of her, then dropped.

She heard there shouts as the air whisled by her ear and couldn’t help but laugh at the gasps that seemed to echo in the stairwell as her boots sunk into the creatures back collapsing it to the ground.

“Half-Breed.” It hissed out at her so mangled it was almost inaudible “Let me go and I will help you survive.”  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 pm
Melanie’s laugh echoed throughout the building “not a chance.” She muddered so only the demon could hear her as she sunk one of her two blades into it’s back. The Demon let out a piercing screech as it started to fold in and disappear.

Jason, Maria, and Leo ran down the stairs, Leo leading the way. “Are you <********> stupid, you crazy b***h!” Leo screamed at her, “or do you have a deathwish!” She looked over at him and could see behind his pride, and arrogance, that he was scared. “What were you thinking?!”

“Hey it’s dead isn’t it.” She snapped. “What am I stealing your thunder Leo Wayland! Can’t stand sharing the spot light.” She didn’t wait for an answer she just walked down the rest of the stairs and out the door.

“Melanie, wait up!” she Maria call. She kept walking down the side of the street, she didn’t want to hear the girl complain about her yelling at her brother. “Mels!” Melanie paused feeling a pain in her chest as Maria grabbed her arm and spun her around.

“What?” she said simply her energy suddenly drained.

“Leo’s just looking out for you.” Maria said softly. Melanie didn’t think that was possible for her. “Ever since we lost our parents he’s been tough on everyone. Plus he didn’t know how good of a fighter you were. I mean Jace said that you were good but I none of us realized you were that good.”

Melanie shook her head “I’m not better or worse then any of you.”

“You kidding me!” Maria yelled “You pulled Jason off the floor and managed to get your blade up in time to slice off that demons head in mid-leap none the less. I know for a fact Leo wouldn’t have been able to do it.”  

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:14 pm
“Okay. It’s not that hard. Lot’s of practice and a good trainer.” She shrugged. “Not a big deal.” Those were the wrong words to say. Maria launched into a play-by-play of the fight sequences that Maria had seen Melanie do. She was saved by Jason and Leo walking up the street to were they were standing Leo looking like he had been scolding Jason for something or other.

Melanie, sick of listening to Maria’s rantings and not exactly looking forward to Leo yelling at her for the stunt she pulled, took hold of Jason’s arm and started down the street trying to put as much distance as she could between herself and the Wayland kids. “Oh and Melanie!” Maria yelled, she stopped taking a deep breath before turning around “I won’t underestimate you again.”  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:19 pm
Chapter 3: No Title Yet
***Soon to be Added***
***PM Me With If you have a Suggestion***

Starcatcher07

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
Fanfictions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items