Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫
So I finally got myself to like country.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Country?
  Yes!
  No!
  Maybe, I'll give it a chance.
  Maybe if you give me some gold >D
View Results

Neutral Chao

4,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:30 am
That's right. You heard me.

For the longest time, I used to think country was so boring, so unintelligent, so...what's the point?

For one, you can't really dance to most country songs. Slow as hell, for the most part.

And second, it's hard for anyone to relate to the lyrics. I grew up listening to music like Depeche Mode, with lyrics so ambiguous that the meaning could be twisted around so much, so that anyone could relate to them. But with country music, every song is a specific story. Like, you're listening to somebody tell you how their entire day went in specific detail...they got in the car.....started driving down the road.....stopped at the corner.....met this pretty girl.....she was wearing short blue daisy dukes.........etc gonk

But at the same time, I decided to give it a chance again. Early in the morning, on my way to work, I played some country music radio stations while driving in my car. I think the fact that I was listening to it early in the morning did it for me...it is really quite relaxing music, if you think about it. And sometimes it is nice to just listen to the damn story and not try to analyze the song and try to figure out if, and how, it relates to you. Country music doesn't relate to me at all, and that's okay. In fact, it's kind of a relief. I guess I just recently discovered that sometimes I just want to listen for the sake of listening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:10 pm
Hai Ariana =D  

Executive Anubis

Shirtless Husband

11,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Jack-pot 100
"YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash