Reply General Discussion
The Art of Book Burning

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Todd186

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm
Did you click on this expecting something else? I would have. Anyway, this is a title I've been thinking about for a story I'm working on. I was wondering if any of you saw this on a shelf at the bookstore, would you pick it up?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:33 pm
I would. I'd be all "what the f___ is this?" >:C  

welian

Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

Todd186

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 pm
Awesome, that's sort of what I'm aiming for here. Of course I disagree with the stance of the statement as well but it sort of fits.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 pm
For some reason, it reminds me of Fahrenheit 451. Probably the book burning part. I'd look just out of curiosity.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Todd186

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:16 pm
Synopsis time! Woo-hoo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Almost all human interaction has been abolished from the human population. People live in homes their entire life. Machines take care of their every need and no one thinks twice about it. Life goes on the way it has for a hundred years.
Until Zi begins to have thoughts about the plan for ever human. The people behind the scenes of this "master plan" might have been able to snuff out any suspicion that this was anything less, but they underestimated the power of human curiosity.
As Zi delves deeper into the ideals and origins of the "master plan", he finds that there is more to life than safety and security.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 pm
I like the idea, kinda wondering what that has to do with book burning though.  

vampiremistress702

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Todd186

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:04 pm
It's kind of something that's not really obvious which I like but probably isn't the best choice. Pretty much, when I thought of writing this dystopian story, I thought about Farenheit 451 and of course that's about book burning. So, it's the whole idea of a ruling power controlling what information is allowed to be known or viewed that made me pick a title like this one.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:06 pm
User Image User Image User Image
nom nom nom...
User Image
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I totally agree with vampiremistress. And I would definetely pick it up off the shelf with a name like that. However, there is a small chance I would put it down since the title seems completely irrevlevent to the synopsis. And then again, my curious side could get the better of me.

And for some reason the post above sounded like two people talking lol. I'm usually not that divided 3nodding

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
User Image
User Image User Image User Image
... nom nom nom

i am sad mami

Premium Fairy

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items