Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Hair stripping is not fun

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 am
I've been dying my hair darker for almost a year now - one shade lighter than black.

But because I'm going to be a poor student next year, I can't afford to keep dying it, as it's costing me about $120 a month for regrowth dying and trimming. So I decided to go through the painful process of stripping it and changing it back to my natural colour (as close to, anyway) so I don't have to keep doing my roots.

I'm kind of sad about it, it's wreck the quality of my hair a bit, but my hairdressers said that considering what I've put it through, it's faired well.
It took 5 hours, 3 litres of bleaching product, 3 hairdressers working on me, lots of conditioning and repairing products and two batches of brown colour to bring it back to my natural colour. I don't know how people can do bleaching! It's the worst! I was about to cry when they washed the bleach out and I saw it, it looked so ruined and dead ):

So, this was the colour I'd been dying it too (the darkest brown):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Then this was after bleaching ):

And now back to my normal colour:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:09 am
That sounds like a terrible process. ._.'

But hey, don't be too sad! You still look freaking gorgeous!

Reverend Havok

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:38 am
That much? D= Why didn't you just buy the cheap ten dollar dye at the grocery store and have a friend do it? It's okay for a flat color. ;_;  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:26 am
my god, your hair is so beautifully long! *is jealous*

i like you natural hair colour to be honest, i really like the warm browns where it does in deed look brown.

My hair is some messed up colour....i've never dyed it, when i was little it was bleach blond and it's gotten darker over the years, now it's some weird hybrid of red/brown/blond....  

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:30 am
Helpful Cait Sith
That much? D= Why didn't you just buy the cheap ten dollar dye at the grocery store and have a friend do it? It's okay for a flat color. ;_;
I think Lici and I might have the same or similar opinions on this.

Cheap hair dye, while it might look the same color-wise, really isn't too great for your hair. Sure, maybe you can find a couple brands, spend a couple more dollars, and then it won't damage your hair too much, but it is likely to fade faster than the dye would when you go to the salon, and why spend less money for something you're going to need more often rather than just spend more and get it less often?

I get streaks (highlights and lowlights) in my hair about every 3 months since my hair grows slow and at the roots you can't really tell until after 90 days. It costs me a pretty penny, but I don't mind because it looks fabulous (ten times better than it would if I did it, or a friend, probs).

Also, it's nice to treat myself. =D  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm
Comfledore
Helpful Cait Sith
I think Lici and I might have the same or similar opinions on this.

Cheap hair dye, while it might look the same color-wise, really isn't too great for your hair. Sure, maybe you can find a couple brands, spend a couple more dollars, and then it won't damage your hair too much, but it is likely to fade faster than the dye would when you go to the salon, and why spend less money for something you're going to need more often rather than just spend more and get it less often?

I get streaks (highlights and lowlights) in my hair about every 3 months since my hair grows slow and at the roots you can't really tell until after 90 days. It costs me a pretty penny, but I don't mind because it looks fabulous (ten times better than it would if I did it, or a friend, probs).

Also, it's nice to treat myself. =D

Yeah I agree with this xD Cheap dyes ruin your hair. They can actually burn it of you accidentally leave them in too long.
The only reason my hair is so healthy even though I dye it, is because I don't bleach it and I only have quality dyes applied in a salon.

Honey Cake: Haha, thanks, a lot of people are jealous of my length. It's taken quite a while to get it this long and keep it in good quality.
That's pretty cool, at least you wouldn't have to dye it to change colours!

Havok: Seriously, it was depressing after the bleach came out! D: Thanks man (:  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 am
I've bleached my hair white. I need to do German flag colors again when I get my Mohawk back. I use manic panic dyes, what do you use?

P.S. You're still sexy Lici.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:17 pm
Love you Streamy! That sounds awesome (and I also support Manic Panic!).

My cousin does everything to my hair because she's a professional. :3
I'm so lucky that I get to get my hair cut and dyed for cheap (and eyebrows done)

I absolutely refuse to bleach my hair though. Like I got some streaks, but that's it. I couldn't bleach my whole head of hair. I'm too protective of it. XD  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:15 pm
I think I'm good never dealing with my hair that much. Way too much time and money. o.o Holy s**t.
I'll stick to unnatural semi-permanent dye.

But your hair still looks nice, so yay. o:  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:45 pm
Stream Line Ego
I've bleached my hair white. I need to do German flag colors again when I get my Mohawk back. I use manic panic dyes, what do you use?

P.S. You're still sexy Lici.

My hairdresser used Schwartzkopf products in my hair. I really liked them, especially when it was dark, the dye made my hair so silky and glossy. The bleach has killed the quality of it, but my hairdressers are right, considering what I've put my hair through, it's held it's quality fairly well.

Pain: Yeah, hair certainly does take up a lot of time and money. And those costs I was paying were just for dying and cutting, then you add up how much product I use, which of course is only the best product to keep my hair in good condition... I cringe to think how much money I've spent on my hair this year alone. Sticking to semi-permanent is smart xD Also, thanks (:  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Aaby-sama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:31 pm
Hairdressers buy their product from places that non-hairdresses can access themselves though, right? My sister does hair, but her products are usually bought from Sally's and similar beauty supply stores xD And it's always great stuff.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games