Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's the lucky winner?
View Results

JEWDAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:23 pm
Sorry I'm late, ladies.
It has been a crazy busy finals week, and I haven't had much time to devote to the guild.
In the next few posts, I'll be posting the letters written by several of our own guild-members in IAGT.
They will all be anonymous, so nobody can play favorites.
On Christmas Eve, the voting will close, and I will post the winner and award them their 100,000 gold, as well as the gold promised to the guild.
I'd like to take this time to thank all of the girls who entered the contest.
Your letters were beautiful, and I'm sure Roxy and the rest of IAGT will agree that all of you deserve the prize.
I'd also like to thank everybody who votes on a winner.
Happy holidays, ladies.
May your days be blessed, bright, and beautiful. heart

-Saskia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:24 pm

This year has been hard for me, my dad had given up on me and I had to move.
My grades had gone down and i'd lost hope in myself, but after realising that my life has been effected, and I could not change that, that maybe I should change someone elses life. So i joined the childline crew, and started to talk to other kids around UK, and the world who were having problems, that I had experienced myself, after being part of childline for 4months, it made me have hope that if I could help someone else have hope, I should have hope in myself. As i went to a new school, I started to tryed harder and harder untill I reached a A in maths, English, Science and Dance. I hope this letter gives others hope for there career and the rest of there lifes. Merry chirstmas all.

JEWDAZ

JEWDAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:25 pm

I gotta say, the guild that we are so lucky to be a part of is one my favorite guilds to be in!

I guess one of the biggest reasons is when I have troubles in my own life and I dunno what to do, I can go the guild for some legit help. The people in the forums can be misleading or just downright rude! No matter what this guild has your back, it's a nice feeling =]

Secondly, it's similar to how much we enjoy girl nights. It's like a sleepover you can attend 24/7! Full of fun and like I said before, always there to help you out =3

& finally, the forums on Gaia can be scary to post in, but in here I know I won't have people trying to hack into my account! We're all there for good clean fun!

This guild is a great one, and i'm blessed to be a part of it! I hope the Secret Santa goes well, and everyone has a great time during the holiday season! ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Dear IAGT Girls,

I've been a Gaian for about four years but never really found my niche. A place to relax in, chat with friendly Gaians, and just really pour my heart out to friends who truly care for their fellow (wo)man. It's refreshing to be in a guild where everyone is really just there to love and appreciate others, rather than to make snide remarks and post crude pictures for the sake of being "funny."

Thank you, girls, for providing a safe haven for myself and others to hang out in. Sometimes we get so caught up in this materialistic, cut-throat world (whether it be at school, at the work place, or even at home) that often rejects us because we're not "good enough" or we don't "fit in." But hello! We are all beautiful and intelligent woman who can accomplish anything we set our minds to. IAGT isn't just a social online guild, honestly. It's a big loving family to come home to when we're feeling down and just need a friend to remind us that we are good enough for anything and everything.

I want to take this online experience and share it with the whole wide world. So many girls constantly feel judged, as if they needed perfect hair or a designer wardrobe or witty come-backs to fit in. No, girls. You may not realize it, but there are tons and tons of caring people out there who want to you to feel accepted and loved. Maybe you just haven't found them yet or, if you have, they don't really know how to tell you -- but you are amazing, no matter how you dress or talk or whatever interests you have. Don't let anyone tell you any different! And, on that note, don't tell a girl any different either.

As my intended major is Sociology with a master's in Social Work, I want to help troubled girls. As I was always that quiet insecure girl bullied every single day because I didn't fit in, I never realized how important and unique I am. It took a confident, loud-mouthed girl to snap me out of my silly pity party. I want to be that girl. I want to provide women who've been through hard times with the love and support that they deserve. No more "I'm not pretty enough" or "no one likes me" or "well he cheated on me four times but no other man will want me." NONE OF THAT. Women need to WAKE UP and REALIZE that though society will constantly put us down, we are better than that. We all have the ability to live out our dreams and accomplish great things. IAGT has helped me figure out the change that I want to make in the lives of millions of women in this world. With a minor in business, I hope to found a non-profit organization that will assist women in need. Who knows -- I am, after all, a strong and slightly bull-headed woman. =]

Whatever career path I choose, I'll always adore this guild and every single girl in it. So, without further ado, I'd like to graciously thank you for reading this letter. Remember that you will make a difference in the world. Don't let those downers get ya down! Never doubt yourself and face those hardships with your head up and a big smile on your face. Life may be a bumpy road but the scenery is great!

Love you gals soo so much!

JEWDAZ

JEWDAZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Now, this is a letter expressing my love and gratitude for the IAGT guild.

I haven't been here long, barely a month, but the warmness i recieved from the very first day has stayed with me thoroughout. Never have i entered a guild with so much kindness to offer to every single member. I have become friends with a few girls and everyday i'm making more. The random talks we've shared have been so much fun, gawd, they even pluck at my heart strings just remembering them~! There have been some serious topics too, where a girl is just reaching out for help. These are always hard to read but it feels good when you can help and even make a difference in someone's life. We all need that once in a while. This guild provides fun and shelter for all girls no matter what race, sexuality or background. We are all equal and we are all beautiful.

The impact this guild has had on my life is one you'll never believe~! Every day when i sign in the first thing i do is look at our guild for updated/new topics. I love to chat but i also love to help and i know that if i'm ever in any trouble, or having worries, i have a haven. To me, the girls of the guild are angels. Every one of them. We all help to keep it alive but never for the hell of it. We actually have topics to dicuss, problems to solve, randomness to satisfy. To be apart of that makes me happy.

I'm constantly trying to make the world a better place. The way i spread the love is writing and performing songs. Music is my outlet, and me and my girls (the band) write songs for that sole purpose. Happy melodies, fun-jiving melodies and all that jazz. We want people to see that no matter what age, shape and person they are, they are beautiful and i'll be honest with you, some of the topics on IAGT have really inspired me when it comes to writing lyrics. (It's tough to think of new ones) We also go 'round spreading the love by offering Free Hugs. Yes, in real life~! You'd be suprised how many strangers out there actually do love to recieve a free hug too~! It's a beautiful sight and makes my heart happy.

I guess what it all comes down to, the way i will change the world IS through music~! Deep, untouched emotions lie within every song. Some are sad, some angry and full of fear, ours is full of love. We write songs in the hope that every man, woman and child can listen too and, just for that moment, they can stop in their rushing lives and just enjoy the beautiful flow of music.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Dear IAGT,
I'm pretty insignifigant. That's right. I'm just me, and I can't help anyone. They don't want my help anyway. I'm not helpful, I'm not smart, I'm not important. I'm not even pretty...
I was thinking these thoughts when I truly learned the meaning of a few kind words. I was walking through the supermarket, cursing my insignifigance and looking for the canned beans when a little girl, riding in her mother's cart, stood. She stood as tall as she could, right up on her tippy-toes and pointed to me. I looked over at her and my watery green eyes met her big blue ones. Then, the little girl smiled so widely.
"Mommy," the little girl said, still pointing to me. She looked up to her mother. "Mommy, look at that girl! She's so pretty!" I stared in shock at the little girl who was sweet enough to say I was pretty.
"Look at her, Mommy, she looks like a princess!!" My heart filled with happiness as the little girl smiled at me even bigger. Her mother, embarressed, tried to get the child to quiet down, but she continued as her mommy began to push the cart away. "Be happy, princess!" My fingers loosened a little around the cold can of beans as tears filled my eyes. That was just what I needed to hear. Just what I needed to hear. I was so happy at that moment. I remember the joy that had me dancing around the supermarket for the next twenty minutes, smiling brightly and complimenting anyone else who seemed down, because I wanted them to feel the happiness I felt when that child smiled at me, said a few sweet, childish things.
'It's a Girl Thing' is my favorite guild because you don't have to mope around Wal-Mart to find a compliment coming your way. You don't even have to be sad, not at all! The girls here know that what we all share is a friendship, something special. And they won't hesitate to give you that kind, warm feeling that leaves you dancing. You know you're special, you know you're loved here. You know you never need to think those thoughts. That good feeling is coming your way.
So it's the least I can do to keep smiling, to keep being happy. For everyone's sake. For the lonely, tear-ridden girl at Wal-Mart, for the depressed girls on the internet, searching for a kind thought, for anyone who's fighting their own battles quietly inside. A compliment, a warm hug, even a grin or laugh could be all they need, the boost of strength shared. Happiness. Even though it doesn't seem like much, not a huge help, you can change the world. With a smile, a compliment, a pat on the back, slowly the world can become a better place. One girl at a time.
IAGT is perfect to get started because it's already so full of love and joy. All the beautiful, wonderful friends I know I have here I would do anything for. Even if it's all I can do to smile.
Smile, my friends, and have a wonderful holiday.

JEWDAZ

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 am
[~+~]

heart

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm
Ladies, this is not only a contest helping your fellow members of IAGT, but it's a contest that helps all of IAGT as well! If you would take the time to vote, I would sincerely appreciate it.
These lovely ladies poured their hearts into these letters, and told you all how much they appreciate you.
Now show them how you appreciate them! heart
It will just take a minute of your time!
Please and thank you, ladies.

-Saskia

JEWDAZ

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas