Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
The Journey...............(A on-going story...^8^) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do?
  Prepare?
  Go into Shock?
  Panic?
  Take Control?
View Results

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 pm
Day 9 Middle of the day about 11:30

I headed in and made sure to unpack my supplies I had packed in case the flood had been bad enough to move us, all of that stuff took a bit of time sweatdrop but of course "Buddy" was following me in and out and being supportive by barking and yipping at me. heart

Finally things did get done and me and "Buddy" rested and drank a bit of water and I though to myself things seem to be going well so far and I have plenty of good supplies for a decent dwelling place here as long as I can keep up food stores and water supply. 3nodding ...................which of course I hadnt had the time to start a garden. sweatdrop .............Need to start that now that I dont think me & "Buddy" wont be washed away. blaugh

"Buddy" is sitting at my feet biggrin as I think of the best way to set-out my garden area nearby, after a moment of though I say "Well, "Buddy" I guess it wont get done if I stand here all day so lets get going" 3nodding

I go inside and get a hoe out of my tools I had packed up and head outside and start a small rectangular area for my garden 3nodding hoeing and seting a small divot for a seed every so many steps so they would have room to grow and not be stunted. sweatdrop

"This is a hot job "Buddy" lets get a bit of water, what do you say?" burning_eyes He looked at me with his tilted head and yipped heart and we went inside and rested a bit and drank a little water.

After a moment to rest and cool down, emotion_sweatdrop "Buddy" and Me got up and went back out aside and I went back to work, razz this time setting a seed in each divot and then pouring some water to start things of correctly. 3nodding

"Buddy" as always started to get into mischief, rolleyes a small rabbit which was among the animals startled by the earthquake a few days ago had moved into the area and "Buddy" spotted it..... eek ........... eek ................. xd

He got up and was off like a bolt of lightning after the rabbit, surprised and well "Buddy" just wasnt fast enough to catch it before it disappeared into the forested area off to the side. xd

"Buddy", that will teach you to chase a defenseless bunny while it is just harmlessly checking out what it can eat. xd

I went back to work and finished planting and watering the seeds, the whole time "Buddy" was gone sweatdrop and just as I sat down "Buddy" came out of the wooded area and came right back to me and wanted to play. sweatdrop

"Buddy" In a moment I will play, just let me rest up a bit, rofl I sat and wiped my brow and cooled down a few moments emotion_sweatdrop and then me and "Buddy fetched a stick and went down and cleaned up in the river emotion_sweatdrop and got rid of some of my dirt and mud. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:20 pm
Day 9 Nighttime at 5:00

"Buddy" and Me went in side and dried off, blaugh and got inside and got ready for bed and I set out my bed covers and "Buddy" found his place right beside my makeshift bed heart watching for me to come back and lay down. heart

I got a last drink of water emotion_sweatdrop and made sure I had everything I had to have before I laid down and I checked "And I got everything I guess" sweatdrop

I went over and laid down and "Buddy" snuggled up emotion_bigheart and we both went to sleep snuggled and warm with everything locked up and safe. heart

Listening to the wind blow slightly against the window panes and threw the nearby trees, emotion_kirakira it was quite peaceful way to go to...................... emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_zzz emotion_zzz  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:18 am
Day 15 (Many days of normal everydays things have gone by.)

I head outside "Buddy" following as usual 3nodding , I put my hand over my eyes to shield them from the morning Sun and brush the hair of my beard thats been growing for a bit now... sweatdrop ........."Now that wont do I have to have a shave some how." xd

I look over to my small garden that I planted a while back and see its growing well biggrin and is ready to gather some more veggies from again, emotion_omnomnom so I go to collecting some veggies slowly and carefully picking veg by veg from the plants careful not to step on the plants and not to damage them as I pick. emotion_facepalm

I take my hall back inside and sit them in their box with the other earlier veggies I had not yet eaten emotion_omnomnom , I count up the goods ................ 6 tomatos ,..............3 squashes ...........a couple cucumbers. emotion_jawdrop 3nodding

Very good hall today, "Buddy" as always had followed me back in and watched as I counted my veggies and tilted his head in interest heart xd , I looked at "Buddy" "some good stuff here maybe I can teach you to eat some of this stuff eventually so you wont have to go hunt for food when meat gets low". sweatdrop xd ........................"Buddy" does his side-ways look at me and goes "Yip!" "Yip!". heart

I go out and check-out my water still and gather some more water from it to add to my supplies emotion_sweatdrop and as well look around to make sure nothing looks odd or out of place..... emotion_eyebrow

I see that nothing seems out of place outside, smile I guess I could work on somethings to get ready for winter since its never to early to get ready if you know something is coming. 3nodding

So I go back inside the shelter house and gather my ax and go cut wood from the outer wooded area a small walk away biggrin "Buddy" follows running and exploring and sniffing. xd

I go to work... emotion_drool ............swing, clunk.. emotion_brofist ............swing clunk.. emotion_brofist ..........swing, clunk as I cut at a tree and eventually I cut notches in both sideds and then bring it down, emotion_awesome and then I start cutting it down to smaller logs for burning. burning_eyes

I stop for a moment and wipe my fore-head and walk back to the shelter and get a drink of my water from the water storage, emotion_sweatdrop and sit, of course I pour out a drink for "Buddy" and he happily laps it up and goes "Yip"! "Yip"! emotion_bigheart

I smile and say "That hit the spot didnt it "Buddy"? 3nodding

He barks for a moment and I smile again. 3nodding heart

Now I just have to gather and stack the wood beside the shelter and make a suitable row for it. 3nodding

I get up and say well "Buddy" time to get back to work, 3nodding so I go out and gather the cut wood and stack it beside the shelter a few loads at a time till I finish with it. gonk

Once I finshed lugging the all of the wood back and beside the shelter, gonk of course with "Buddy's" support all along the way yipping and making happy nosies, heart I finish and sit down for a rest and wipe my head. emotion_sweatdrop

Whhuhuhuhuuhuhuh, emotion_drool that was a pain, but I know when it comes winter it wont be such a pain. rolleyes xd

After a little rest and of course a little "Throw The Stick" with "Buddy" heart whee I get back up and decide it is getting close to dark and time to go to bed, so I go inside of course "Buddy" follows and get ready for bed. 3nodding emotion_zzz

I get ready for bed, and I pour some water out for "Buddy" and get a few small drinks for myself emotion_sweatdrop and fix my bed and lay down, 3nodding "Buddy" snuggling right against the middle of my back and we go to sleep.. heart ..... heart .......  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:25 pm
Day 16 4:21 in the morning, An odd thing is happening................

I wake-up hearing some very loud noises, stressed I turn over "Buddy" stop making a wracket rolleyes and of course I realize it isnt "Buddy" surprised

I get up and of course "Buddy" is right up after me heart and watching me as I go to the door carefully to see what the noise is. sweatdrop

Cars! surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised surprised So many cars as heading away from the direction of my little town I used to live in and in a great big hurry! emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

I wonder what is happening, emotion_8c I know I cant actually chance talking to them or they may figure out where my shelter is and steal everything or worse hurt "Buddy" and me crying so I watch but carefully so as not to be as easy to spot. neutral

Its then I see why they are running, eek apparently the Gov. is making sure to obliterate "The Plague" that started this whole mess. eek .......by dropping incenderaries (Fire Bombs). burning_eyes .........which I notice because as the cars are heading out............there is a aominous glow rising from the direction of town. burning_eyes surprised

And as well, I first notice the smell.. emotion_drool ...........that smell you get when things burn that are not paper based like rubber and tar and such is on the air.. burning_eyes .........Awe God !, it stinks and I start to hold my nose because its getting stronger. xp xp xp xp xp xp xp

Then it starts to get warmer. burning_eyes ............a lot warmer!!!!!!!! eek , like the feeling when the Sun starts to come out of a cloud and you feel the heat start to slowly build as the rays of The Sun touch your skin. burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes as low as I could to the floor, sweatdrop I had realized a blast wave from the bomb was coming and I just hoped the both of us would survive. gonk gonk

It got very very hot, burning_eyes the glass started to shine as it got hotter and hotter, burning_eyes and then I blacked out as it had gotten so hot as to cause breathing to become difficult... xp ........ xp .....

It was night time when I woke-up,"Buddy" was licking my face emotion_sweatdrop to get my attention. sweatdrop heart

I woke-up, "Buddy" Thanks for that I needed that" emotion_bigheart , I said as I gave him a sweaty hug emotion_bigheart and then managed to get into a sitting position and look at the windows of the shelter. emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0 emotion_0A0

All I could see from a sitting position was blackened grass and a dark sooty sky emotion_0A0 in both directions as I looked to the other side of the shelter threw that sides glass. sweatdrop

After a moment to gather my mind and senses I got up and stood and went to the door and went outside and was....... eek ........ eek .........shocked. eek

Everything was blackened and charred in the worst burnt places, burning_eyes the trees had gotten burned badly from the direction of town burning_eyes and the grass was blacked and some of that had survived the fire was turning brown as it has been dried out or the root system had been burned in the ground. xp

On the road there were a few very unlucky cars that didnt make it burning_eyes and had been burnt in the firestorm from the blast wave, they were still burning, thier tires that is. xp

I said a prayer for them, it could not have been a pretty was to die or to think that your body would be found later after a while. cry sweatdrop  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:24 pm
Day 16 6:30 Getting everything ready to move out QUICKLY!!!!!!!!

After I said the prayer I, stare immediately started gathering everything together to leave, sweatdrop besides this are is scortched badly enough it would be difficult to get by without easily gatherable wood to burn and items to use for materials later on. burning_eyes

Of course "Buddy" watched and yipped at me heart as I quickly gathered and packed and put things in the car and straightened things so they would make a mess as I drove. sweatdrop

Finally I finished packing everything that I could that was important 3nodding and I did leave a few things, but I felt bad that if anyone came here they would perhaps be able to get shelter for a few days before heading off themselves. sweatdrop ..... sweatdrop .....

So I looked back and said a quick Goodbye to my shelter crying and told "Buddy"..........."Well, say goodbye to the Ol' Shelter friend we most likely wont be back" I smile sadly sweatdrop and "Buddy" looked at me side-ways like he does when it seems he is trying to understand something. heart

I opened the door for "Buddy" and managed to get him inside the car and settled to his spot, heart where he lied down and seem to be resting.

I closed his door, got inside myself took a deep breath emotion_sweatdrop and put the key in the ignition and headed out................Goodbye Shelter. sweatdrop

I went over in my mind as we turned around carefully watching ninja out to not hit anything, what items I packed up to make sure nothing important got left behind.. sweatdrop 3nodding ...........

Still living Veggies............Check. 3nodding

Supplies..........Water. emotion_sweatdrop ...........Extra Food Items. emotion_omnomnom ..........Tools. emotion_bandaid ..........Check. 3nodding

Odds & End.. rolleyes ............Check............................and looking in my pockets. xd ............Check. 3nodding

"I guess we have all of it, Buddy" I say as I take one last glance at our Shelter and we speed off. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:14 am
Day 16 9:00- ish "On The Road Again...................."

Buddy and Me slowly go up the little hilly area that I originally came in threw when I started to look for some place to stay sweatdrop what seems like forever and a time ago. rolleyes

"Buddy, I guess we will just have to look for a new home and you some toy to play with till we get there." I laughed xd and he yipped and wagged his tail. heart

We made it to the main highway and almost as soon as we turned on to it, we saw the first few cars that had been abandoned or damaged badly enough to be left behind. gonk

Many had some bad damaged either from the heat-wave that came threw when the bomb or bombs went off, gonk or they were just damaged enough that they stopped all together and had to be left and thier occupants walk or run on foot which either way would likely have meant thier doom with the heat-wave on thier tails. gonk sweatdrop

We carefully dodged and made as wide a turns as possible to miss hitting them or coming into contact with them, sweatdrop it is in all likely-hood some are peoples last resting place, crying and as I said that a smell came up.........something foul cooking and stinking emotion_0A0 and I just went on from there trying to not look anywhere near any of the damaged and abandoned cars. emotion_facepalm

As we made our way and finally came out from a group of cars nearly crashed into each other sweatdrop as they had fled we had some road-way without any vehicles on it and I said a prayer and carefully went on down the road trying to forget the smell. crying sweatdrop

I had at least for a short while some fresh air and sweet smelling hay to get the smell out of my head 3nodding and had none of the things over these last few Months had happened everything would have seem perfectly normal in this moment driving down the road and enjoying the Sun on my face and the warmth of it. crying  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:07 pm
~sits on seat and watches/listens to the new logs~o,o  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:34 pm
Day 16 12:00 Noon at a Mom- & Pops Restaurant..............

"Buddy" and me, have stopped at a small deserted restaurant emotion_omnomnom and managed to find some more burnable/ fire-starting supplies left behind, burning_eyes and as well a few still edible food-stuffs in the back of the building. 3nodding

After we had gathered use-able items and checked for anyone still living, "Buddy" walking beside me and moral support, xd then we sat down took out a bit of food and water to drink emotion_sweatdrop and decided on the next course of action for this evening.. 3nodding ...... 3nodding .....

"Buddy" "What do you say we go on down the road a bit and see if the old river-side cabins are in any state to stay in ?"

"Buddy" Looks at me and turns his head side to side, heart and then barks happily at me, and then he licked my hand as I pet him I smile then chuckle for a moment heart emotion_hug then think of about how far we have to go to get there from here. sweatdrop

We got everything back into the car and made sure we didnt miss anything supplies or goods that could help us on our trip and to our "New Home" 3nodding and I open the door and patted "Buddys" spot in the passenger seat and he hopped up and got comfortable, heart I put the window down so he could stick out his head later if he wanted to and started the car and headed out. 3nodding heart

We pulled out of the restaurant's parking lot, and started down the road and across the bridge emotion_sweatdrop over the areas biggest river with a beautiful view of the coast beaches here and there and the birds dipping on the water and the local water treatment tower out of commission emotion_sweatdrop the water level was much higher than it had always been anytime I could remember.. emotion_bigheart ..... emotion_bigheart ...

Soon we are over the bridge and going threw the hilly area and then threw the housing area with abandoned house right and left sweatdrop and then I turned and went down and back along the river and back to the houses and cabins on the coast area the sandy regions along the banks. sweatdrop 3nodding

I found a promising spot, biggrin with a nice large cabin and a double boat dock / boat ramp duo a deck as well that over hangs a portion of the river emotion_sweatdrop . 3nodding

There were still a large pool of houses and cabins up and down the road, 3nodding still this cabin struck me as a good place to start and maybe make a good home base. blaugh ..................."Well "Buddy" I guess we have a new home to check-out and make just as home as possible".. biggrin .........."Buddy" yips a few times and starts to pant. xd xd

"Lets head out !" biggrin I open the door and let "Buddy" out and we walked carefully to the main door and watched for occupants or any survivors. emotion_dowant  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:24 am
Day 16 2:35 Interesting............Veeeeeeerrrrry Interesting

After carefully calling out and checking several times we found the house to be completely deserted, xp sweatdrop and apparently whom ever lived here had been ready to head-out at a moments notice. sweatdrop

There was very little left behind in the entire house other than a small bit of fire for their fireplace in the living room and a few small odds and ends in drawers here and there in some rooms.. sweatdrop .... sweatdrop ..

Me and "Buddy had sat down and rested a moment in our new home on the families large sofa and just chilled for a bit, rofl its always amazing how these sort of "Invasions" of sort were so adrenaline pumping affairs when you never know what you will see or what you will find in every room or for that matter before even entering the house. xd xd xd xd

After a few moments of rest me and "Buddy" got up and started to un-pack and set everything up in there right places 3nodding and as well to watch and make absolutly sure no-one was coming back or were watching us as we moved into our "New Home" sweatdrop xp

We managed to get un-pack and well settled just before dark biggrin and as well tomorrow would start the normal routine for living in this "New World" we are in again. sweatdrop rolleyes

Me and "Buddy" got washed up quickly while there was a bit of light left, gonk "Buddy" of course was much quicker than me as always xd then again a jump in the water and a bit of swimming and then a good shake dry would defineatly be faster any day! xd xd xd xd xd

I finished and me and "Buddy" went inside and got our sleeping arrangements set down and went to bed, emotion_zzz and "Buddy" as ever slept right against the pit of my back emotion_bigheart the warmest fuzzy teddy bear anyone wouldnt ever find in real live I bet you.. heart ... heart ... heart ....and we drifted off... emotion_zzz ... emotion_zzz .......  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games