Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Excited yet?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christmas is a time...
  for family
  for gifts
  for stress
View Results

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:09 am
So, is everyone suitablely cheerful. Christmas is but a few days away. Only a little more time before mum goes into her pre-christmas cleaning frenzy. Beds will be stripped, floors will be mopped and short tempers abound!

Anything you guys are looking a little less than forward to?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:48 am
Being another year older since my B-Day is christmas.

I'm already getting the "Why don't you come home for christmas" chatter when I don't want to drive down icy highway roads to go home. sweatdrop  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:07 pm
I wasn't looking forward to putting up the Christmas tree as it usually results in my mum, David and I getting grumpy with each other. And I may be working on Boxing Day which is a real bummer. That's it though, Christmas day itself should be awesome biggrin

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:31 pm
Everything about Christmas makes me want to crawl under my covers and stay there until January.

And even though now I know why it affects me so badly, I still feel too bad to use that as an excuse to stay at home. I know they still wouldn't understand. So I went shopping on Sunday and ended up with a migraine that lasted until the next morning. And I'm going to have to ride in the car for 8 hours in order to suffer through several days of loud touchy-feely people, lights, music, etc., just so THEY don't feel bad. x______x
Am I a horrible person for feeling so miserable about it? I LIKE them. But in small doses. And the experience literally shuts me down.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:50 pm
Szen
Everything about Christmas makes me want to crawl under my covers and stay there until January.

And even though now I know why it affects me so badly, I still feel too bad to use that as an excuse to stay at home. I know they still wouldn't understand. So I went shopping on Sunday and ended up with a migraine that lasted until the next morning. And I'm going to have to ride in the car for 8 hours in order to suffer through several days of loud touchy-feely people, lights, music, etc., just so THEY don't feel bad. x______x
Am I a horrible person for feeling so miserable about it? I LIKE them. But in small doses. And the experience literally shuts me down.

You're not a horrible person at all. It's just the way you are. I have a friend who's very similar, I'll admit used to think he was an real oddball for never wanting to be around normal people but now I'm a bit more mature I understand it alot more.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 pm
The thing I'm most looking forward to with Christmas is my mom's home-made soup. I'm not really good at describing food in English, but it's full, thick, and there's loads of vegetables and meat in it and I start salivating just thinking about it.

And you sound like you could use some of that, Szen. <3 And tell them that you've got an alien planet to rescue. Very important. Can't wait. Be back in Jans. Sorry for all the trouble there, but, you know, interstellar safety and all that.

Really can't wait.  

Maze

separated by a scream

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:37 pm
Putting up the Christmas tree is definitely the worst part. My mother insists on spending three hours just putting on the lights. She turns it into a whole day affair. >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 pm
Maze: XDDDD <3
That soup does sound delicious.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:25 pm
24th is my birthday so I guess? I'm just not really feeling the excitement this year. Not for my birthday, and not for Christmas. sad

Well...
I am looking forward to the birthday tradition of Perkin's French Silk Pie AKA my favorite food in the world. I don't know how many parts of the U.S. have Perkins (and it's definitely not outside the U.S.), but it's a breakfast type restaurant that old people like. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:23 pm
Hi...i work retail...nuff said -.-;  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:08 pm
angelfromdown-under
Hi...i work retail...nuff said -.-;
Me too, it's insane, right?

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:13 pm
I'm not too excited about Christmas this year. It's one of the first years where I actually feel as disappointed although I did get some nice early gifts that I been wanting.

To be honest, I prefer not to celebrate if I can help it, but a lot of people expect you to. Part of my disappointment is not being able to go to the Netherlands and celebrate Christmas there with my closest friends. Our parents are very fussy over it because it's the first Christmas that breaks our usual traditions. stare  

TeddyLovingBear

5,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:49 pm
I don't know. By 19, the "magic" is kind of dead, beaten to death by all the family s**t you have to do even if you don't want to. I have to drop by my mom's side of the family in the morning, which is going to be boring and crappy. But I am excited to see if my mom likes her present, I guess. xD; And I'm curious about what she got me, though not "excited."

I am pretty excited about the stuff my dad bought, but that's more because I know basically what it is (a s**t ton of basic art supplies), and I want to know what exactly he bought. >3  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games