Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Gifts you can't do nothing with or have no use for..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:27 pm
My boss gave me 10 cuban cigars today and I don't smoke. So now I have to sell these things. rofl

So anyone else got a gift you cant do nothing with or have no use for?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:29 pm
A FRIGGIN BOOK ON WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOUR PREGNANT!AM I THAT FAT???  

Arianna Loves Chu

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:52 pm
Pretty much half of what my dad gets me. xD

He tries, but he's pretty bad at gifts. I've been giving him a list the last few years, so he mostly gets it right lately, but he'll still sometimes buy version of the things I want that make me wonder. Like I asked for a cheap, plastic light saber (the ones you can buy for like $10-$20) to mess around with and and bash people with. He got me a plastic and glass $100 light saber. So, I'm obviously unable to do anything buy mess with it a little and display it. So, it just sit in my room collecting dusk.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:10 pm
Arianna Loves Chu
A FRIGGIN BOOK ON WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOUR PREGNANT!AM I THAT FAT???
YOU DID SAY YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED. MAYBE THAT'S WHY. OR WHO KNOW'S YOU MIGHT BE A BLIMP.

Probably the multiple times I've been given sports, & hunting paraphernalia.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

TeddyLovingBear

5,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:13 pm
I guess I'm pretty lucky when it comes to getting gifts that I can actually use.

Although today my mom's friend gave me this really nice candle holder with some Kanji writing it. One character looks like Shuu (kinda cause it is missing this squiggily on the left side of it) while the other character is Ka. xd I can't really use it because my dorm/apartment doesn't allow candles, so I don't know what to use it for except sticking popery(spelling?) in it or something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:43 pm
I got a $100 giftcard to a local Mexican restaurant, from my grandma. Sounds like an awesome gift, right? Yeah, 'cept, I have terrible heartburn, and an allergy to peppers. So, I think I'll be regifting this year. It was really thoughtful, though. xD

Oh, and also, hot sauce gives me violent, explosive diarrhea, which is another reason I don't eat Mexican.

Nexus Carbuncle

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff