Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I just feel like talking about trampolining with you all

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:52 am
Hey you guys!
I haven't been here in a while (read: I haven't posted here in a while) and I've got really excited about trampolining today. Don't worry, this isn't going to be a really boring post detailing actual trampolining, but more the stuff we do together as a club. In November, we headed down to County Limerick for my 4th competition. Competitions are always SO much fun. The way it works is, we travel on the Friday and arrive that night, check into our hostel (recently we've been using Travelodges which are basic but nice) and go to training held by the host university. Afterwards we go and get dinner somewhere before heading back to our hostel and getting showered/changed and drinking alot before we go out for a fancy dress night. Saturday we get up really early and go to the competition which lasts pretty much all day. Afterwards we go back to the hostel again, get changed and head out for another night out. Sunday's always really sad because we have to head home. All in all, they're always just fantastic weekends away and we end up talking and reminiscing about them for weeks afterwards. Our next one is to Glasgow in March and I physically cannot wait, I got sent the pack and read it, hence the excitement.

Do any of you guys do stuff like this with your universities/colleges? Any clubs or anything you enjoy being a member of? I'm kinda glad I went to the uni I did purely because I doubt I'd have discovered trampolining otherwise xd

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR biggrin

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:27 pm
I'm going to work on my GPA next quarter, so I can join the "sorority" at my school. I don't really consider it anything close to a sorority, though. It feels too much like a student council/key club kinda thing. Nonetheless.PTK still sounds fun and it will look awesome. Haha

Other than that, though, it's a small college. No sport programs or anything. Everything is pretty career-goal-related.... But I did all those club things in high school Which. Yay! lol Choir trips, when I got to go, were fun. Speech and Debate trips were SO much fun. All day. Sitting in the cafeteria of a school you don't really know, practicing your speeches. Hanging out with old and new friends. <3 It was fun to us nerds. xD Or ASB trips....San Francisco <3 That was my favorite trip Haha. I got to go to Alcatraz!!

ANYWAY. QUI. Did -I- forget to write you back on facebook, or did you? I'm too lazy to check. Either way. You should write me again. <3333  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:00 pm
I traveled a lot back in high school. I did tons of youth orchestras and bands, and tons of clinics, and so I missed school a lot. Clinics were always fun. You'd get there early in the morning, warm up, and then audition. Then you'd go out to lunch, come back, and find out where you placed. Then, for the next two or three days you'd rehearse, and at night, you'd stay in a hotel. I always did clinics with friends, too, so they were always really, really fun. And there was the year that my school's band got invited to go play in England, for the New Years Day parade. That trip was awesome. And our flight was so full, that they "had no choice" but to stick my mom and me in first class, to make room. First class on an eight-hour flight, for the price of coach? Win. [:

Now, in college, I look most forward to playing pit orchestra in shows. I love it. Pit's always really, really small, and at a school of 600, everyone knows everyone. And it's really cool to be able to make the music that I grew up listening to, since I've always been a huge broadway/theatre/ballet enthusiast.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:52 pm
Aquila15
...getting showered/changed and drinking alot before we go out for a fancy dress night..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Sorry I had to.

Anyway, sounds like fun.

Clubs aren't too huge at my school, but I am a member of all of the teaching ones.  

comfylove
Crew

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:53 pm
@Vi: They sound awesome, I was in my school's debating team too but we didn't go away that much. I did get an award for Best Individual Speaker once though, I was well proud biggrin
(And I forgot to reply, I couldn't think of what to say at the time and then forgot to reply, sorry! I'll go write you back ritenao)

@Nexus: Those sound awesome biggrin

@Comfy: I have no idea what those are intended for. Are you trying to correct my use of the word 'alot'? Kinda confused xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:43 pm
The Alot.  

comfylove
Crew

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:12 pm
Haha, I actually read this in the meantime xd

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:03 pm
Violette PureHeart
Nonetheless.PTK still sounds fun and it will look awesome. Haha

Proud member. :3

For me, antisocial Dris is antisocial. At least for now. Once I transfer, I'm going to get more into that whole Actually-Talking-To-People thing, but at the moment I keep to myself.

Den Dristige Djevelen

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:22 pm
Den Dristige Djevelen
Violette PureHeart

For me, antisocial Dris is antisocial. At least for now. Once I transfer, I'm going to get more into that whole Actually-Talking-To-People thing, but at the moment I keep to myself.
lawl. you sound like my younger brother. He absolutely refuses to talk to people at school. We have a class together and I have to do all the talking. It's not that he's shy, he just doesn't want to talk to people. haha  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:08 am
Because of my grades in the remedial math classes, I was never allowed to join any clubs or participate in extracurricular events during college. In Texas they think shaming a person is an effective teaching method.

It's hard to look fondly at school lately. My family's been talking about me going back this year. We tried last year and hit the same ceiling that made me drop out in the first place - money and math. ~_~  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm
Violette PureHeart
Den Dristige Djevelen
Violette PureHeart

lawl. you sound like my younger brother. He absolutely refuses to talk to people at school. We have a class together and I have to do all the talking. It's not that he's shy, he just doesn't want to talk to people. haha
Sounds like me, I get anxious with people I don't know well. Just an irrational thing I have to conquer >_>  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:29 pm
The only club I ever actually went to was the Gay-Straight Alliance in my first year at my university. But the GSA here is dramatic and has a lot of attention-seeking people who want to be a special snowflake. It also is is very clique-y, so if you weren't friends with the presidents and all the people that hung out with that person and such, you really didn't do anything in the club but go to meetings and sit there. You kind of had to fight your way into hanging out with any of them, and I just decided I don't want to have to struggle just to hang out with someone. o: So eh. -shrugs-

I might try some other clubs if I can find any art ones.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 am
PainfullyVivid
The only club I ever actually went to was the Gay-Straight Alliance in my first year at my university. But the GSA here is dramatic and has a lot of attention-seeking people who want to be a special snowflake. It also is is very clique-y, so if you weren't friends with the presidents and all the people that hung out with that person and such, you really didn't do anything in the club but go to meetings and sit there. You kind of had to fight your way into hanging out with any of them, and I just decided I don't want to have to struggle just to hang out with someone. o: So eh. -shrugs-

I might try some other clubs if I can find any art ones.

The first year I went to it, trampolining was very clique-y too. There was already a well established group and they weren't great at getting to know all the newbies. Now that we have a new committee (made up of myself and two people who joined around the same time I did), we're alot more open to newbies and we got loads of new people this year that have instantly fitted in and become part of the group. Mind you, there are still a few that will come in and none of us will know who they are, I'm really the only committee member that will go up and talk to them because I believe it's your duty to make new members feel welcome :/

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces