Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Ontario Transman top surgery question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amano Yoshi

7,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:20 pm
I’m hoping someone has some experience with this. My partner and I have run into a snag regarding top surgery. We really need to come up with some money up front even before we can rely on the Providence of Ontario to help pay for it. Assumption led us to believe that we were going to be AOK, but now not so much…

Are there any Canadian trans folks here who have run into a similar problem? Any kind of information on charities that help raise money for top surgery would be great. Any loopholes you’re aware of to get in and get out… Our credit is shot right now and we can’t take out a loan. We need approximately $6500.

Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:54 pm
I would also like to know of this. I am from Ontario and am thinking about the same thing.  

Shikyo Tsuki

Salem Girl Forever

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 am
I'm also from Ontario too... even though I'm not thinking about this, I would like to know more as well. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 pm
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=85048933488&topic=8481

This is a listing I have found...

It states that;

Ontario: funds GRS 100%, backlogged due to previous delisting; reinstated in 2008 due to pressure and HR / legal actions initiated, decided FTM surgery can no longer be considered "experimental" and funds it.  

l Chase I

godoftherain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 pm
You can try to do a fundraiser. I know some guys who did some fundraising for their phallo. However it's a long and difficult road.

Dr Mclean in mississagua quoted me $6000. Not much lower, and who knows about taxes, but, it's something.

You may just be stuck with saving+getting on the GRS list. sad  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff