Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
I'm kind of scared

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoshiImai

Desirable Kitten

11,000 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:15 pm
I want to tell my mom that I'm bi. But I'm really scared. She says she loves me no matter what. So can anyone tell me how to do this?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:00 pm
What I did was tell my dad first, he said he didn't care who I liked as long as I was happy.

I told him that I felt like I was keeping a secret and it was bothering me to keep it in, so after he asked what it was I just told him.

For my mom, I took maybe a month after telling my dad because my mom would be a little more... upset about it?

I told her the same thing except at the end I told her "Now you hate me and now you probably want me to move out." She said she's love me no matter what, and she said it was fine.

Hope I helped

iMischievous

Amano Yoshi

7,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 pm
Your parents are people too. Do you really expect them to not love you no matter what? If they’ve raised you from a baby until now they’re probably telling the truth when they say they love you no matter what.

Do you feel nothing but love from them? Are they relatively intelligent people? Don’t’ worry about it. If you really want to tell them then there is no other way to do it but to actually stand up and let it out. You’ll feel better afterward; you’ll feel even better if they accept you for it.

If you fear that they won’t accept you, why not ask a neutral third party. Do you have a sibling that you know is sympathetic to your plight? Or perhaps a best friend who has been around your parents from time to time in order to assist you with alleviating some of your distress and anxiety about it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm
Thanks. Both of you <3
I told her and she was like, "So?"
Thanks. You both helped a bunch :3  

HoshiImai

Desirable Kitten

11,000 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Waffles! 25

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 pm
That's alwasy a good reaction, that and I could of told you that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:50 pm
Asuka Kurayumi
Thanks. Both of you <3
I told her and she was like, "So?"
Thanks. You both helped a bunch :3
^-^
Glad it worked out well~

iMischievous

Niebzel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm
Well I'm glad it worked out for you
I told mom a while back because I knew she was the more liberal one ... but she broke down crying ... I'm kinda scared to mention it to dad o-o  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games