Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
New Years Resolutions!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have any resolutions?
  Yes
  No
  Not yet, but I plan on making some soon!
View Results

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:48 pm
Okay so I hope there hadn't been a thread already made about this, but I wanted everyone to talk about their resolutions.
I tend to not follow through with any of mine that are difficult, but this year I am determined!!!

My goal is to get in shape. I'm a healthy weight and all of that, but I have no muscle. I used to have abs, but I don't anymore so I'd like to have those back. I just want to be stronger and feel like I'm truly healthy!
Here's a half year goal: By summer I'd like to feel comfortable in shorts. I haven't worn shorts that go more than an inch above my knee in so long so I hope my legs will get a bit leaner and gain muscle!

What are your resolutions for this year?
Did you complete last year's resolutions?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 pm
I plan on doing a bit more exercise. If my flatmates want to join the gym again this year I will to so we can roll down there together, if not I might just buy a good weights set.  

scrub
Crew

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 pm
I'm going to practice more. I don't use my free time wisely enough. /:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 am
Basically the same as everyone else, exercise more.
I lost all my muscle tone over the last year or so.

Also, try to get a handle on myself emotionally speaking.
I've always had a mild case of the crazies, & it wasn't until recently that I realized some of the people I care about go through hell over it, so I've decided to try, & do something about that.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 am
No more falling for guys who only intend to use me ):  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 am
FINISH MY MAKEUP PORTFOLIO SO I CAN WORK FOR MAC.  

comfylove
Crew

Aaditya

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 am
Study more, work out more, ace the USMLE and COMLEX, and snowboard without getting a concussion!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:23 pm
One of mine is to work my a** off from here on out to try and get a 2:1 in my degree. So far it's going ok, I've actually been revising since before New Year's. Another one is to stop eating gluten. As a Coeliac, I'm not supposed to be eating gluten at all but in the past year it's been really hard because my housemates have wanted to go out for dinner and I've been away at trampolining competitions where the only option was to stick it out. This resulted in me feeling anaemic, having easily tired out bones etc.
So I'm determined to avoid gluten at all times unless it's unavoidable.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm
I'm just aiming for general weight loss. I did well with loosing weight until my holiday in June. I want to get back on track.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 am
Well, the only responsible one I have is save money to attend college this fall. As it turns out, not going right from high school in order to "spread my wings" turned out to be a very boring and stupid decision.

Other than that, I plan on going to more raves, and listening to more Dubstep.

Reverend Havok

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 am
learn to play the violin<3  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:25 pm
Explore cooking creatively.

I can't even remember what my resolution was last year... exercise related probably. Which means I guess I have been exercising more... a little. And I have a job that requires my muscles to buff up more so... I guess to some extent I succeeded? Yay me? O_o'  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Superna Zherom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 pm
Well, I don't do the resolution thing... But if I had to make some, it'd be to concentrate on getting my a** out of California.

No more looking for a date, maybe. Clearly I'm not fit for such a scene. ******** that noise.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:04 am
I havent been on gaia in a while..
so my signature needs to be changed but my new years resolutions are to not smoke weed or drink
I'm trying to get together a healthy professional lifestyle for when I finish school in july and for the future

[The Drunk Fairy]

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff