Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
New year, new accounts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 pm
I have been playing with the idea of getting rid of my old email account for a while. I don't really like "Lici rocker" anymore, I think it's kind of immature to be using in a professional scenario, and I don't think it really suits me anymore.
I was having trouble thinking of what to make a new account if I was to make one, especially since Gmail has so many accounts now and all the good stuff is already taken. I was chatting to a friend the other day who's a pilot and his email is captaincrow, and I was like, "I'm a captain now too! I got my boat license!". And he was like, "Captain Lici" and so that sparked my idea for a new email (:

So now I am in the process of changing everything to cpt.lici (: I like it, I think it's simple, kinda cute, and doesn't quite have an unprofessional ring to it like my old one.
Everything is changing now, Gmail, MSN, Yahoo, Flickr, the lot (: This is going to be a big job, haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:38 pm
It's crazy how maintaining a professional appearance can change stuff so much. I've doubled the amount of shirts, ties, and dress pants I have, and I only send things through my main gmail account if they're just casual messages. Hell, I have facebook privacy options turned on solely to maintain a professional standing haha.  

Aaditya

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:46 pm
Aaditya
It's crazy how maintaining a professional appearance can change stuff so much. I've doubled the amount of shirts, ties, and dress pants I have, and I only send things through my main gmail account if they're just casual messages. Hell, I have facebook privacy options turned on solely to maintain a professional standing haha.

Yeah, I hear you xD I've been tightening my Facebook privacy, also.
I can't give up Gmail, though. I'm too much of a Google fan, and they've been making an effort to make Gmail more professional, so using Gmail doesn't seem as unprofessional anymore as something like Hotmail. Plus, the integration of all my Google accounts (analytics, web master tools, Android, Google market, Google shopping... Etc) is just too convenient for me to give up xD

I've been making a bit of a change in my dress, also. And I expect it will change even more when I start my evangelism course xD In the mean time, though, I have a fairly sexy photoshoot tomorrow... >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:10 am
Is it a sexy evangelical photo shoot?  

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 am
I'd probably just create another account that is just my first name and last name to put on applications and other professional documents and have all the messages forwarded to my main account. xD

I guess for now, I could easily use my school email though since it's more professional, and I check it all the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:33 pm
I want to change my e-mail, but I don't know what to switch to. I've been using the darned thing since I was 16! gonk  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Rinoa Hatake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:22 pm
I felt silly giving my Rinoa email to people... Pretty cool was when people asked "Like the FF Character?" xD

I ended up just making a new email with my name though. That way I keep what I have, plus I've had to do the hole email switch on all the sites I visit when my old email got hacked... It is not fun! xD Plus that way my important emails don't get lost among all the notification emails from all the sites I join... xD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:35 pm
Aaditya

This.

When I got into conservatory, I got a completely new, less baggy, much more mature wardrobe, and when applying for scholarships, corresponding with professors and whatnot, I use a new email account that's just my first name, middle initial, and last name.

However, for friends, and signing up for things, I use my old one.

Nexus Carbuncle

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:37 pm
PainfullyVivid
I'd probably just create another account that is just my first name and last name to put on applications and other professional documents and have all the messages forwarded to my main account. xD

I guess for now, I could easily use my school email though since it's more professional, and I check it all the time.

I wish I could have my name for an email address... But there's like a million Alicia Harrisons in the world, every variation is already taken sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 am
Changed mine a while back for the same reason. My old address was tbqfh and I didn't want employers, who I was applying to jobs through e-mail to, to think I was immature.  

scrub
Crew

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces