Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Confused Heart..... (Advice Appreciated)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FReaKRaveR

Friendly Fatcat

11,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Okay.... Here's the jest of it all;

~I'm falling for my ex-girlfriend...
~She has always been in love with me (since we were going out).
~Thing is... I don't want what happened to us before/What caused the break up to happen again.
~That thing was Distance.
~Little bit of background;
*Normally I'm a very physical person in a relationship. Meaning I like to be able to hold the person I'm with/person I love when ever I want/can.
*Then a mutual best friend of Myself and Ex, Introduced us online.
*The more we talked online, the more we liked each other. And eventually fell in love with each other.
*After approximately 1.5 months into our relationship, she came to visit. She was able to stay 10 days. And well we were close/physical during that time.
*My love for her grew during the time I could physically be with her.
*She left/when home. And after a month, A time in which usually my feeling for someone I'm with would grow, My feelings stayed the same and slowly started to crumble.
*Someone in my own town began to show interest in me. I could easily see this person when ever i wanted. And they held me when we hung out together. I was slowly falling for this person, while still having feelings for my girlfriend at the time.
*Feeling this was breaking my heart.
*I ended up choosing to be with the person closer to me;Which ended up breaking her heart.
*Time when on while I was with this new person. We had our ups and downs. Even started living together. Then they decided to be a douche about the relationship and we ended it.
*Near the end of that relationship I kept thinking about my ex-girlfriend.
*A short while after my ex and I began talking steadily again. She told me that she was still in love with me. And with in the last month or so, I have been starting to fall for her again.

~Distance between us: I'm in Ontario Canada, And She is in Alberta Canada

~I'm also planning on applying to jobs in Alberta, when it gets closer to the end of my college course.

Now you are all caught up...

I don't want to hurt her like I did before. But I can't stop how my heart feels.

I don't know what to do...... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 pm
You need to keep it in your pants, and be patient with your distance love on. That was damage you did to her, and I would say to just stay friends until you make the move out there.  

Destructive-Kiwi

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200

proustitute

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:33 pm
You should just stay friends until you're able to actually be together. But if you don't take that road, and you decide to officially be together before you're able to see eachother again in person then think about if she's really who you want to be with. Is she worth it? Do I want to hurt her again? Think of her, how she might feel but at the same time think of your needs/wants.

You can't stop how your heart feels but you CAN control what you do about it. That's really important to remember. (Bolded for emphasis.)

Sure, it might be nice to be with someone closer but you said you're looking for a job out there once you're done your college course. I have no idea how long that is but why not think about that, and how good it'd be to see eachother if you really care about her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 pm
Thank you for the advice ladies  

FReaKRaveR

Friendly Fatcat

11,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

proustitute

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:36 pm
No problem, hope everything works out for you.  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games