Reply Pictures
New Jammies! + Rat Pics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cyove

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:58 pm
JAMMIES! <3 Josci's has flame designs, Moggie's has skull designs.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Plus, rat pics:

Gremlin
Over 4 years old now, but he has hind end degeneration disease now, so the two adult pics are from last year when his back legs still worked good, while the baby pic is of course when he was a baby.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bootstrap
Over 7 months old now.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pocket Monkey
Over 5 months old now.

Vulcan
Over 9 months old now.

Romulus
Over 9 months old now. He and Vulcan have problems with buck grease, hence him appearing dirty in the standing up picture. They also like to rough house, so they tend to have scrapes here and there from their scuffles.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:05 pm
I love those jammies!!

Are those.. rats naked? Most look so wrinkly. Is this a certain breed of rat that they end up naked? Or is that just something that naturally happens to rats as they age? I know nothing about them except that they're cute and intelligent. Which even wrinkly, they're still adorable. smile  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cyove

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:33 pm
Thanks, I love their jammies too. They are super snugly. They keep my Chinese Cresteds (hairless dog breed) quite cozy and warm. =}

Here is a picture of my doggies "in the buff"! ^_^
Josci
More pics of him here:
http://www.cuteness.com/pets/8191/Joscelyn
Moggie
More pics of him here:
http://www.cuteness.com/pets/10509/Mogwai+Fizgig
You can also see more pics of my ratties on their respective pages at Cuteness. =}

Yes, they are called Hairless Rats. Some people call them 'Sphynx rats', like 'Sphynx cats'. The hairless one with Dumbo ears (ears on the sides of the head instead of on top like the standard eareds) is called a Hairless Dumbo, etc. Rats don't really have "breeds" per se, they have classifications more like colors, markings, fur types, ear types, tail types, etc. Hairless is a fur type, I guess. Just like standard coat, Rex coat, double Rex coat, Patchwork hairless, True hairless, etc.

Many hairless rats start off with thin fine fur (even if just a tiny bit) when they are pups (it grows in after the pinkie/newborn stage), and some lose it as they age. Some lose it all at once, some lose it slowly little by little, some even lose it and grow it back randomly (called Patchwork hairless). Gremmers had velvety soft thin fine fur as a pup, as you can see from his baby picture. Vulcan and Romulus had more hair than they do now as babies that fell out shortly after I got them, but not as much as Gremlin had. However, Gremlin was much younger when I got him, so it's possible that Vulcan and Romulus could have had more fur when they were even younger before I got them. =/

The hairless gene is recessive, so both parents have to carry it in order for some of the babies to come out with it. Gremlin is Bootstrap's father, but as you can see Bootsie has a standard coat, because his mother was a standard coat and did not carry the hairless gene. If Bootsie were to have babies with a hairless, some of his maybes might come out hairless though since he carries the hairless gene from his father Gremlin. =P I am not a breeder though, I just have mine for companions. ^_~

Hairless mammals are my favorite. My dogs are hairless (well actually only Josci is a hairless Chinese Crested, Moggie is a Powder Puff Chinese Crested and we just trim him in the Pony Cut sometimes to help keep his coat managable for us), we had a hairless cat up until recently (miss you buddy), and I've had several hairless rats over the years. We even had some hairless ferrets, but they were not supposed to be hairless, they had adrenal disease. ={ The next pet on my list to adopt some day is a hairless Cavy, preferably a Skinny Pig, but a Baldwin would be neat too (of course I want a fuzzy buddy for him also since it can be good to keep hairless pets with furry pets for warmth and comfort, etc.). I've always had a love for Chinese Cresteds, Xoloitzcuintlis/Mexican Hairless, Peruvian Hairless/Peruvian Inca Orchid, Peterbalds, Sphynxes, Bambinos, Hairless Rats, Hairless Cavies, etc. ever since I learned they existed. ^w^ There are also hairless rabbits, hairless mice, hairless hamsters, etc. but I'm not big into rabbits, mice, or hamsters really so I don't think I will be getting any. xD Though they are still cute to see pictures of. =P  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 pm
Chinese cresteds are so pretty. I'd just worry about their skin, having to keep them warm and SPF'd so they don't get sunburnt.

I like that you have a theme in your pets, lol. Nakie pets~ heart  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:18 pm
some of those rats are naky eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:02 pm
Lawl, yes, hairless mammals are my favorite. =P My dogs are nakie too, Gabrielle. *points*. wink

Yeah, Chinese Cresteds' skin aren't nearly as high maintenance as Sphynx cats' skin though, Neko. sweatdrop  

Cyove

durpz1

9,375 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:16 pm
lol nice jammies  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:20 am
All your pets are so adorable! :3  

PuddleBunny

Tipsy Bunny