Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Always the friend, never the love

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valiant_Moon

Romantic Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:27 am
I'm coming to terms with this and I am wondering what I can do to change it.

I don't like plunging head first into a relationship with a person based on looks, I want to get to know the person better, befriend them, be sure that there is common footing for us to establish a relationship on before anything happens.

Lately though, everytime I confess how I feel... I get one of two answers.

1. "Your to good of a friend for me to risk our friendship by us dating"

or

2. "Had you told me sooner.... I just started dating someone..."

What can I do to change this about myself? Or is it a bad thing?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:15 pm
i see your problem, you don't want to be to impulsive by jumping into a relationship blindly, but you feel you wait too long (sorry for restating the obvious)
i have the same problem, and though this isn't the most fullproof way to avoid this, the best suggestion i can come up with is to drop subtle hints every now and then once you get to know them. i know it's a bit of a long process, but it also would help if you know how intuitive the person you like is. when i say subtle, i don't mean like code kinda thing where it's so hard to interpret, but something that that person would understand
as for the friends thing...that's tricky, it usually means that that person would either be interested, but feels insecure of what may happen over the course of the relationship, or is trying not to hurt your feelings. that's the best thing i can think of

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces