Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
My mom's a softie for animals.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In my city, it's illegal to feed feral cats.
  I fought the law, 'cause the law sucks.
  I fought the law, 'cause the law sucks.
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:00 pm
-This Morning-

Mom: Are the blankets going to be outside forever?
Me: The tent for the feral cat?
Mom: Yes. They're kind of an eyesore.
Me: Okay, I'll take them in.

-This Evening-

Mom: Did you take the blankets down for the day or forever?
Me: I thought I was supposed to.
Mom: It's gonna be in the thirties tonight. ;_;
Me: I'll put them back up.

I think the cat thinks he lives here. The others don't trust us, but yesterday we had the door open for a while and one of them wandered in and sat in our front door to warm up. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:50 pm
Glad some people on this earth are kind enough to not to let cats freeze to death outside.

Had heard a nasty story about a kitten and someone colder than the weather recently, makes you feel like loosing hope in people sad  

scrub
Crew

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 am
That's sweet, even if your mom feels a little conflicted about the whole thing. ='3  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:52 pm
The cat feels conflicted, too. He wouldn't let me pet him, but he'd eat out of my hand. XD;  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 pm
Squat with your hand out, and let him come to you. That's what I do with strays, and they always come to me. He'll rub up against you, and eventually he'll let you pet him.

There was this one stray back home that I would do that to, and eventually, I couldn't get him to leave me alone, and he'd come by my door, looking for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:24 pm
Erk. If you can, try to get that cat fixed. Feral cats are technically invasive exotic species, and bad for the environment.  

Cutiebirdgal

8,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:03 pm
If we could afford to, I would. There's an unfixed lady cat with a kitten, and while she's pretty dedicated to her kitten right now, it's only a matter of time before she goes into heat again, and I have the feeling she'd have them under our swing if that happened... gonk

I don't worry too much for the birds here. I think multiple people in the complex are feeding the cats. But I worry for the cats themselves. The best thing really would be to fix them and let them live their lives, but break that chain so that new generations of cats won't have to live such a difficult life.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 am
Since it's going to be colder than a penquin's a** this week, Mom's now got me building a hutch just in case another stray cat needs a place to sleep. I must've done a good job, because as soon as I put a towel into it, Captain Jack climbed in and now he's using it as his fort. sweatdrop  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items