Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nocturnal Confetti

Seeking Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:39 am
yep. my next con is coming up, and i need a cosplay~
however, im 5'3 and weigh 160 lbs. so yeah, none of that skinny girl cosplay that'll make me look worst.... e_e
this'll also be my first cosplay, but i already know how to sew, so making one shouldn't be a problem. biggrin
So, I need ideas! <3

also, i don't like to show any legs above the knee, or my arms...I'd like something that'd make my breast and hips stand out a bit more....
Help? >_<  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:01 am
You could go as a Bleach Soul Reaper character!

The entire costume will be relatively simple to sew and with solid colors of black and white, you can go cheap on the materials buy buying bedsheets instead of by the yard.

Added bonus is that it will be comfortable and you will be covered up, like wearing a a baggy jacket and pants!

You can be a main character like Rukia, Mastumoto, Hinamori, Soi-fon, Unohana, ect. or you can be your own OC! If you decide you'd rather be a guy, the costume change is just a simple restyling of your hair!

Here's a live example!

And here's a picture of Cosplayers!  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Nocturnal Confetti

Seeking Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:13 am
xena91388

The entire costume will be relatively simple to sew and with solid colors of black and white, you can go cheap on the materials buy buying bedsheets instead of by the yard.

Added bonus is that it will be comfortable and you will be covered up, like wearing a a baggy jacket and pants!

You can be a main character like Rukia, Mastumoto, Hinamori, Soi-fon, Unohana, ect. or you can be your own OC! If you decide you'd rather be a guy, the costume change is just a simple restyling of your hair!

o3o oooh~
sounds pretty awesome! though i don't watch much bleach, i do like the soul reaper outfits. =w=
thank you for the idea! ^_^
i've actually been talking to my friend on the phone, and she told me to go as some sorta maid/waitress, something like if i tie the apron like right under my breast, and the skirt could flair out a bit... >_>  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:25 am
Waitresses and maids. . . BLEGH! Generic, boring, and only for the unimaginative! Most people just recycle and tweak their dime-store Halloween costumes for the anime maid/ waitress look.

At least as a soul reaper you get to carry a sword! (and if you're costume is awesome enough, people stop you for pictures!)

Igirisu Yousei-san
xena91388

o3o oooh~
sounds pretty awesome! though i don't watch much bleach, i do like the soul reaper outfits. =w=
thank you for the idea! ^_^
i've actually been talking to my friend on the phone, and she told me to go as some sorta maid/waitress, something like if i tie the apron like right under my breast, and the skirt could flair out a bit... >_>

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

AngelRoseUni

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:36 am
HAH!
You're a twig compared to me, I'm 5'9 and over 250 at last weigh! *doesn't weigh herself often* *is completely trying to make you feel better about yourself*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:32 am
Ukraine, from Hetalia. I honestly think it'd be really, really cute. Or femRussia (also from Hetalia). I've always thought Russia should be a bit more on the husky side...

Or you could just go in lolita. Lolita is one of those fashions that look adorable on any body type, plus it's cute and modest~  

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

Nocturnal Confetti

Seeking Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 pm
Fabulous Dahling
Ukraine, from Hetalia. I honestly think it'd be really, really cute. Or femRussia (also from Hetalia). I've always thought Russia should be a bit more on the husky side...

Or you could just go in lolita. Lolita is one of those fashions that look adorable on any body type, plus it's cute and modest~

LOL. I like the ukraine thing! im a huge hetalia fan myself! >3< i though about the lolita thing. but i dun wanna pay alot for an outfit....>_>
Thanks for the ideas! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:03 am
OMG if you do Ukraine you should totally post pictures~  

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

I A M 5 A M

8,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:41 pm
I know I'm way late to this thread ; u ;

But I too am a heavy con-goer.
I've always been very conscious of what cosplays or outfits I choose to go in.
I do have a big bust and hips, but my gut is big, too.
So, I tend to look like a giant grape in whatever I'm wearing, LOL
Well... maybe it's not as bad as it sounds, but I'm very self conscious.

So, I've discovered that I like wearing Kigurumis to cons.
They're so flowy and there are so many to pick from!
I buy cosplay contacts and wigs, too, to wear with my kigu and I always get a lot of compliments!
And the best part is that I don't have to show any sort of skin.
They can sometimes tend to be a bit warm, so dress lightly under them.
And if you don't wear clothes underneath it, you can kind of see the lining of your undergarments...
I bought some white short basketball shorts and a white tank top to wear under mine and it works out fantastically!

I just wanted to offer another type of "cosplay" idea!

14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games