Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
OMG YOU GAISE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:25 am
So in January I had the first two final exams of my degree.

One module (Parasitology) was 80% exam and 20% coursework. I had done really well in the coursework, and revised loads for the exam, but still thought it could've gone better.

The other module was 50% exam and coursework and I did relativley ok in the coursework, but the exam went terribly. I was really worried that I'd failed it, or that I hadn't achieved good enough marks to come out with a 2:1 in my degree and get a 2:2 instead. Basically, a 2:2 in my degree makes it worthless and shuts me out of a lot of my desired job paths, so I was pretty bummed.

My results came out yesterday and I got 70 in Parasitology and 62 in Marine Zoology! These marks are way better than I hoped for and if I can repeat the performance with the two modules I've just started, I can get a 2:1 after all! biggrin

[I'm not sure if everyone knows degree classification so suffice it to say: a first class degree is 70%+, a higher second class (2:1) is 60%-69%, a lower second class (2:2) is 50%-59% and a third class is 40%-49%.]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:28 pm
The period between your exams and the day you receive your results is always so nerve-wracking, isn't it? Congratulations on the good results! =)  

~ Milk Mynk ~

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:53 pm
Congrats dude! You gettin a BS in Biology?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 am
Well congrats and good luck to you...I'm still waiting on my Jan exam results and I know for a fact two did not go so well >3<
ah well such is life I guess  

white_wolf1989

Shameless Lunatic

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 am
Well done (: Good luck on keeping your grades up :D More study!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:58 am
@Milk: I wasn't too concerned, I was actually at trampolining practicing when my friend texted me and just said, "They're out.". That's when my adrenaline levels soared xd

@Aaditya: Yup! Hopefully a 2(i) BSc (Hons) in Zoology biggrin

@White wolf: Aww, you can't know it till you get the results, this thread is testament to that, you might do better than you thought! Good luck with them, I hope they go well for you smile

@Lici: THANKS biggrin
I've started two more modules this semester that are meant to get high marks, but at the same time I have to write my honours project dissertation so if I can keep on top of it all, I'll hopefully be ok biggrin  

AquilaLiberum

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff