Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Dead Fetuses on V-Day. Yay!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:44 pm
So, "The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform" traveled to my university this week with giant pictures of bloody fetus arms and Nazi symbols in their "Genocide Awareness Project" about abortion. It was a toootal blast.

Apparently, they are trying to hit up all the universities in FL. We are just so lucky.

There were like 10 ft tall boards in a giant square. They equated abortion to the Holocaust and other genocides. There were pamphlets, and they rented out the area that the campus puts most of their festivals and such in. Usually, our university only lets this stuff (like people protesting against homosexuality, atheists, pretty much everything) happen in our Free Speech Zone, but I guess the cops decided them paying money was enough for it to happen in the middle of the campus.

I don't really get why people do this, personally, since it only serves to make them look crazy and bad to most people. I totally understand that some people are pro-life and respect that, but there is a difference between standing up for ones beliefs (and even peacefully protesting on a campus or handing out flyers with data) and trying to make people turn pro-life with disgusting images, silly associations, and stupid propaganda.

Luckily, the people left me alone when I walked by going to class. Maybe it is because it look so intimidating. I believe it.

HOW WAS YOUR VALENTINE'S/ ANTI-VALENTINE'S/SA DAY CELEBRATION?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:45 pm
Um...

LOLWUT?

I'd say that equating brushing your teeth, or washing your a**, to the holocaust is less of a stretch than abortion. Those poor germs.

Seriously, though. What?

Bio-ethical. That's hilarious. An oxymoron, even. Ethics are the biggest obstacle to medical advancement. Ethics are a subjective collection of rules set by self-righteous people with an agenda. Anyway...
stressed

My Valentines day? Well, my girlfriend and I are in two different schools, six-hundred miles away, so I spent the day with my other girlfriend, my clarinet. Yup. It was us all alone in a room all day, and I blew and fingered her until I was exhausted and sore. Then did it again.

It was really nice, but really noisy.

wink

Nexus Carbuncle

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:53 pm
i remember seeing a giant picture of an aborted fetus on the side of a transport truck (on of the smaller ones) it was about 4 to 6 months out and it just made me sick, because it was GORY!

i'm pro-choice, not going to say anything more on that because i am very much a person that things 'i have my beliefs and you have yours, you keep yours, i'll keep mine."

i dislike fanatics...
-------------------------------------------------------------

As for Valentines day, i didn't really do anything for it, i don't like the holiday at all i think it's a waste of money. Though in my town there's an all you can eat wings event around V-day every year and i went to that.

Me and My boyfriend have our anniversary this month too and i'd rather go all out for that. It's the 24th and it'll be 4 years this year >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:45 am
When I was in college, once, those types came around and our professor excused us from class to go and ******** with them. mrgreen  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 pm
Teh Kosai protests nothing, he keeps his opinion about such subjects to himself. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:31 am
I hate those people. They hold up those stupid signs at intersections so I CAN'T SEE IF IT'S SAFE TO PULL OUT ONTO THE ROAD. Apparently it's perfectly fine for a grown human to die in a car wreck.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:47 pm
Szen
I hate those people. They hold up those stupid signs at intersections so I CAN'T SEE IF IT'S SAFE TO PULL OUT ONTO THE ROAD. Apparently it's perfectly fine for a grown human to die in a car wreck.

Oh yeah. You know once a child is born it's not their problem anymore whether it lives a safe life well into its adulthood or not. They gotta protect them some unborn masses of cells! XD  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games