Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
M-medic... ;.;

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm~ gooooin' alllll the way~ ^o^
  Oh-ow-ow... no I'm not.
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:30 am
My heel has been hurting for the past two weeks, worse and worse. The more I limp around, the more it hurts. Doctor's out of the question, so... does anyone have any tips or home remedies for an injured foot? T-T  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:52 am
Put some ice on that leg first and stay off of it whenever you can.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Aaditya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm
Any recent injury? How long ago did the pain start? Is it a sharp pain? Did you get new shoes recently or did you start up a new workout routine? What type of shoes do you regularly wear? Is the pain localized or does it radiate? Is there any redness or swelling? How does the heel look?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:03 pm
Aaditya
Any recent injury? How long ago did the pain start? Is it a sharp pain? Did you get new shoes recently or did you start up a new workout routine? What type of shoes do you regularly wear? Is the pain localized or does it radiate? Is there any redness or swelling? How does the heel look?

Haha, Suites' own personal medic xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:11 pm
scrub MD has no medical advice. Hope you fell better though!

I think it's funny he asks the same sort of questions I do when diagnosing computers xd

Any recent errors? How long ago did the errors start? Is it an audible error? Did you get new hardware or software recently? What type of operating system do you use? Do the error happen with just one program or anywhere? Is there any slowing or lag? Have you tried turning it on and off again?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 pm
My advice is to do whatever Aadi says. xD

Nexus Carbuncle

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:15 pm
The pain is different every day. Sometimes it's under the front of the ankle, sometimes it's along that outer bottom side, the worst is when it's right where my heel connects to the side of my foot. I think it could be from the shoes I've been wearing. o.o; Over winter I had to stop wearing sandals and I've just been borrowing Mom's old work shoes. I switched to an old pair of sneakers for a few days and the pain seems to be fading.

The intarwebs seems to say the solution is to wear ugly orthopaedic shoes. But this afternoon I was in a grocery line with a little old lady and a sexy lady my age, and guess which one was wearing the ugly, clunky good-for-your-feet shoes? =_= I hate shoes. ;_;  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:32 pm
Sounds like your mom's old shoes don't have good support, if you need to use those shoes again it'd be best to get some insoles. If the pain gets worse as the day goes on, that would support the notion. I want to preface any advice by saying that I'm no doctor yet so if the pain gets worse or persists. So many factors that could cause problems are things that you need to see or ask more personal questions or things that I don't even know to ask.  

Aaditya

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:56 am
scrub
scrub MD has no medical advice. Hope you fell better though!

I think it's funny he asks the same sort of questions I do when diagnosing computers xd

Any recent errors? How long ago did the errors start? Is it an audible error? Did you get new hardware or software recently? What type of operating system do you use? Do the error happen with just one program or anywhere? Is there any slowing or lag? Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Note to self, poke you next time we are on at the same time.
I have been having all sorts of issues with my laptop lately. Half the time i can't even get it to come back on after i have closed it >_<  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games