Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Memorable Threads Archive
Gaian Guild Suggestions - Gaia requests your input!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iMito
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 pm
So Gaia has asked Gaian Moderators for ideas and I want to ask you guys for your input.

Gaia is looking for new ways for guilds to spend the gold sitting in our treasury aside from sending guild announcements. This is something we've been waiting on for a while because there's so much that could be done!

The only requirement for the idea is that it can't be something exploitable by the guild captain or other crew members.

I look forward for your ideas.

Also, feel free to include ideas that might be free. I'll relay them as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:29 pm
I'll start:

New, Create-able Position Titles with editable access to certain subforums. (For example: In this forum, we might have an event planning committee who would have access to a Planning Subforum.)

Guild Chat through the new Meebo Toolbar.

Option to block non-users. This could be useful in a guild like ours where we like to keep public posting open, but we have no way of stopping a troll, or just a jerk, from posting non-stop in our guild.  

iMito
Vice Captain

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:32 pm
I was going to say the same for new positions.

EDIT: I feel like the current hierarchy of guilds is pointless, since guild populations are pretty much "Members-With-Editing-Powers" and "Members-Without-Editing-Powers"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm
lgtenos
EDIT: I feel like the current hierarchy of guilds is pointless, since guild populations are pretty much "Members-With-Editing-Powers" and "Members-Without-Editing-Powers"
Yes but if everyone could edit posts then someone might go around editing other peoples posts, which would cause havoc...

iMito

New, Create-able Position Titles with editable access to certain subforums. (For example: In this forum, we might have an event planning committee who would have access to a Planning Subforum.)

Guild Chat through the new Meebo Toolbar.

Option to block non-users. This could be useful in a guild like ours where we like to keep public posting open, but we have no way of stopping a troll, or just a jerk, from posting non-stop in our guild.
I like your ideas, but i don't see how they relate to the money left in the guild treasury...  

Dragon de la Mort

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:23 pm
Dragon de la Mort
lgtenos
Yes but if everyone could edit posts then someone might go around editing other peoples posts, which would cause havoc...

I never said everyone should have the power to edit... I simply stated that guild populations, in regards to leadership positions, are black and white; there are only two categories: the crew and the rest of the members. I actually support the idea of lessening the powers of particular crew members [including myself].

And, in my defense, I tamper with posts all the time. But I'm just doing my job as a crew member, making sure the posts here are relatively friendly.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:16 pm
Dragon de la Mort
I like your ideas, but i don't see how they relate to the money left in the guild treasury...

Not all of them do. Just the one with the new positions, as the guilds would have to pay for the new positions.  

iMito
Vice Captain

Podium

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 pm
A guild fund for rewards would be nice. Say a user does a job, you could reward them from the guild funds.
Tip system, kinda.  
Memorable Threads Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff