Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:15 pm
Beyond sky
broken_bleeding_angel
Personally I am opposed to it. Unfortunately it still happens over the world whether we like it or not. And if your friend is 18 and lives in Canada or the US. She could have fought it.

I am a huge sucker for love and a big believer in free will. I believe that if you don't love them then you shouldn't marry them. Despite what your family wants.

My freind Tanya lives in Canada, but her cousin,the one getting married, lives in India...and I think its allowed there sad

Yes, unfortunately it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:00 am
I think 18 is really young for that.
I'm against it because in Canada she has rights.
We all have rights as human beings here.

And if she disobeys, her brother (if she has one) or her father will go kill her, its part of their culture of treating women like s**t.
(I saw an article along those lines)  

Tsukuyomi25021

Beyond sky

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:12 am
x_VioLeT_x_VioLencE_x
I think 18 is really young for that.
I'm against it because in Canada she has rights.
We all have rights as human beings here.

And if she disobeys, her brother (if she has one) or her father will go kill her, its part of their culture of treating women like s**t.
(I saw an article along those lines)

No they don't treat her terribly,its not necessarily part of their culture either some people just do. Her parents just THINK they are doing her a favor by setting her up with some guy.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 pm
There's the kind of arranged marriage you mentioned in the opening post where the bride and groom have no choice in the matter, and I don't think thats okay at all. But I think there's a kind of "arranged marriage" that's more like a dating system, where you meet the eligible candidates and decide if you want to marry one of them. That might be okay, depending on how old the person is.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Kunoichi Aiko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 am
I'll probably have an arranged marriage when I'm older. It's not that bad. There's a difference between arranged and forced marriage.

An arranged marriage is when your parents look for your partner for you and introduce suitors to you. Those suitors aren't necessarily strangers. They could be that guy in your class or your childhood friend or maybe that best friend's brother.

And you get the final say.

When a suitor is introduced to you, both of you get questioned, you start to get to know each other and see if something clicks.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:54 pm
Okay I'm kind of on the fence about this, because recently I actually studied arranged marriages in my anthropology class and I've learned the pros and cons of it.

My basic point is, if it's being handled maturely, is part of the people's religion/ customs/ traditions, because the parents are actually trying to find some one who will care for their child for the rest of their life, the ones being married get the final say : then it's fine in my book.

if it's just because the parents are greedy and want money and say you have no other option then: it's an abomination and insulting to those who are in arranged marriages for more "proper" reasons

sorry if this doesn't make complete sense I'm sort a half asleep right now xD  

BijutsuHime

5,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers