Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
"It's sort of recycled, but hey."

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:06 pm
I was watching TV today and I saw that one of the many big phone companies in Canada offers cell phones made from recycled plastics. Now it had an asterisk of course and it says "20% recycled from plastic water bottles." Okay.. twenty percent is a good start but the way they advertise the phone you'd think it was maybe you know forty or even fiftt percent, why is it they get off calling something like this completely recycled when in truth most of it is practically new? Thats false advertisement if you ask me even with the advertisement.. what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:25 pm
20% is a fair bit really, when you consider "fruit" drinks with "real fruit juice" that only contain 5% juice.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 am
It's all marketing bullshit, recycling and being green or natural is very popular at the moment. They're just dong what they can to push their product but yeah I suppose 20% is better than nothing, they probably can't good phone out of totally recycled products.

My Mum is giving me her old iPhone, so technically that is 100% recycled razz  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff