Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
How do i tell them?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Son of Asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:09 pm
I am really scared about telling my family, whitch consists of my five brothers and my baby sister, about me being homosexual. im sure my baby sis wont care seeing as she is bi herself but im a little worried about my brothers reactions. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly apreciated.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 pm
Just be blunt about it.
They're your family, not like they're going to hate you because of it.
Anyway, sexuality isn't important in the long run.
Being gay, or straight, wont decide peoples disposition towards you, only your actions will.
Sorry if that was rude, I'm just.. Blunt.  

Esoteric Apathy

Son of Asher

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:17 pm
it was a welcomed bluntness. thank you  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:33 pm
Well, in my personal experience, it was hard for me to let my family know that I was bisexual and had/have a boyfriend. I have two brothers and one sister, all older than me so it kinda made it more difficult for me to say it to older siblings. My sister was somewhat supportive about it, my oldest brother is homosexual, but I really don't know where he stands cause' I barely see him. I would imagine that he would be supportive about it, and as for my other brother, he's just plain homophobic so of course he hates it and doesn't support me not one bit. So I guess I have some support and some negativity but it's all good cause' it's who I am and nobody's gonna change that. I think you should just tell them and get it over with, you'll feel better about yourself after it's out on the table. Just don't feel like you should be afraid of who you are, a peron should never have to worry about something like that.  

Next_Gen_AnT

Ravyn457

Shameless Nerd

16,100 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:50 pm
I'd also say that you have to be blunt about it, just come out and say it. Then give them time to think about it so they can come to terms with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:22 pm
The worst they can say is "I'm dissapointed."
Just remember that.  

Esoteric Apathy

Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out