Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Around the World
My Journey into Adult Hood

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adult Hood?
  Don't wanna grow up
  Can't wait for it
  Been there done that
View Results

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:32 pm
I havn't lived with my parents since March of 09 but it really wasn't untill this past december that I actual entered into adult hood and oh what a trip it has been.

My Journey started off when I didn't have enough money to get into college for my 2nd year crying Now I would have loved to do what everyone else at the school does and have my mommy pay for me but being in a poor family I was told that if I want to go to college I had to do it myself xp So then I got a job and stayed in my boyfriends dorm room.

After about 4 payments the school again charged me another 1k and that went all to the gutters. Then, like the school usualy does, completely messed up my bf's financial aid and so second semester we were in a situation of not having a place to go.

Luckly with having a job means having money, at least for a while. A friend of ours lives in an appartment building and told us that there's a room open and gave us the number of the landlord. The lady is really nice and a very understaning woman. So then in December we moved in.

Of course when you get your own place you have rent to pay for, along with our car insurance and car payment. Then you add on the Cable and Internet cost to that and it just keeps adding up and so I stoped paying school money because it needed to go somewhere else. Unfortunately the job we both have is at the schools food servis so we were out of a job for 3 weeks. Needless to say January was a hard month.

I never really understood the importaince of tax season untill this year, may not have hit it rich but it was a huge boost in playing catch up with everything that needed to be done and such.

A good thing about working all day in food servis is the free food we get, not much food is ever bought. We usualy only get the occational munchies and weekend supply that last about a month.

Of course when things finally settle down we traded in our small car for a bigger one, and because of that change our car insurance went up >.< then on top of that one my bf's phone decided it couldn't take it any more and commited suicid in the spin cycle of one of the on site washers. No harm was done to the washer luckly. He needed to get a new phone anyway because a prepaid track phone doesn't do much when one uses it all the time. So that more to add on to the large amount of things we have.

Originaly we were going to get a farrot because the friends that live a few doors down is allergec to cats and we don't have the time to get a dog but since she never comes over we got a pretty almost oneyear old black cat and named he Loki. Loki being a Nors god of trickery, it fits him quite well.

This past week has been our spring break and we went out to pick up food, and some more cat things, and paying bills. I was complaing about how we get money and it's gone not too long after. Then my bf, being 2 decades older then me, said welcome to adult hood. When you think your good something else happends.

That's the story in a nut shell, that and having to choose weather we want to do all the laundery or by goodies from the vending mechine downstairs sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 pm
So that leaves me with the ? does anyone have any fun coming to age stories?  

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

TheHolyPenis

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 pm
kikioblack

well i have a story that will be funny when it happens . . .
my friend and i are gonna sit by each other at our high school graduation so we can cry with each other because we're gonna miss all of our friends

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:52 pm
TheHolyPenis
kikioblack

my friend and i are gonna sit by each other at our high school graduation so we can cry with each other because we're gonna miss all of our friends

That happends a lot tho, but think of it as not lossing anyone because there's a lot of ways to talk to them. It's an adventure to meet more.

An interesting thing about college, this is really random, but i was told that people change a lot when they get there, i never thought i was going to change but I think back now and i say wow, i've changed a lot in the past year.  

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

TheHolyPenis

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 pm
kikioblack
TheHolyPenis
kikioblack

That happends a lot tho, but think of it as not lossing anyone because there's a lot of ways to talk to them. It's an adventure to meet more.

An interesting thing about college, this is really random, but i was told that people change a lot when they get there, i never thought i was going to change but I think back now and i say wow, i've changed a lot in the past year.

My friend said the same thing about high school. But i don't think I changed a lot. But all of my friends from middle school said i was like super mega b***h back in middle school. which is weird because i think i'm at my bitchiest right now I mean i'm not as openly mean as i was but i've bit my tongue a lot this year. and the majority of tongue biting is related to my lesbian problems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 pm
TheHolyPenis
kikioblack
TheHolyPenis
kikioblack

My friend said the same thing about high school. But i don't think I changed a lot. But all of my friends from middle school said i was like super mega b***h back in middle school. which is weird because i think i'm at my bitchiest right now I mean i'm not as openly mean as i was but i've bit my tongue a lot this year. and the majority of tongue biting is related to my lesbian problems

I know how that goes, I did that a lot my senior year, same kind of issues. The interesting thing is, is that when I got into college no one made any kind of comments and most people i met were bi or very exsepting.  

kikioblack
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

25,225 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

TheHolyPenis

3,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 pm
kikioblack
TheHolyPenis
kikioblack
TheHolyPenis
kikioblack

I know how that goes, I did that a lot my senior year, same kind of issues. The interesting thing is, is that when I got into college no one made any kind of comments and most people i met were bi or very exsepting.

Sounds like college will be quite nifty. My school has like 5 gay guys that i know of. and one of them is me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:38 pm
I can't say I do. I still live at home so the most I have with 'coming of age' is my first job (not much to talk about there, though the people were fun) and my first vehicle (I have a scooter lol ). As of right now the only expenses I have are gas and my own wants so I don't know what it's like to be in that sort of tight financial situation.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:59 pm
I still live at home and havent had my first job yet so... even though im 19 already I still have a long ways to go to understand adulthood... sweatdrop  
Around the World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games