Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swordsman of Roses

3,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:59 am
Well I've been working on this book for awhile and not so sure if I want it to be a graphic novel or a light novel series. Thing is I have no drawing skills what-so-ever but I have mad writing skills. (not trying to sound like I'm gloating or snobby) So I think my book would be better off as a light novel series. It's called The Legend of Mishiguu Series which is in no way, shape or form related to Zelda! It's actually a tribute to my childhood sweetheart that is written as a Fantasy/Adventure story. Here's a sample of my work.....

The Legend of Mishiguu
Lucifer's Wrath

Prologue

Since the dawn of time protective gods reigned over the cosmos, three of which were essential realms for life to exist. Azeriel, the Goddess of Integrity, watches over the world of Grandoris, a land enriched with life and magic. Zailong, the God of Judgement, rules the realm of Helheim, a plane for the dead to roam as Espers or commonly known as spirits. Lastly the King of Heaven and Earth, God Himself. However the Grandorians and the Helheim Espers refer Him as Ezamuel, named after the prophets Ezekiel and Samuel. Of course the most known well fact is that Earth, Grandoris and Helheim are all separated from each other and Helheim is the only realm home to spirits while Earth and Grandoris are practical mirrored images. With that said Azeriel and God's roles are virtually the same and Zailong is technically a non-destructive Armageddon spoken of in the Book of Revelations in one celestial body.

Unfortunately on June 6, 1221 Lucifer, the Fallen Angel and King of Death, desired the rich and powerful energy of Grandoris and aimed to claim it as his own for his personal goals. However before the fallen angel could enter the land of Grandoris a curse was placed on Lucifer by Azeriel that bound him to the core of Grandoris and put him in a deep slumber that would only last for a millennium. It was then foretold that Four Sacred Children of Earth would appear in Grandoris' final hours to silence the Dark King with the Blade of Judgement, Mishiguu. Whether or not the prophets spoke of an actual sword of divine descendant or likewise is still only rumor.

The date is now June 12, 1321 and Lucifer's Seal surprisingly has already showed signs of weakening and the life energy of Grandoris is being siphoned away, draining all life from the once lively realm of magic. It was then the lives of five innocent children were in the hands of God Ezamuel and Goddess Azeriel: brother and sister Lyon and Mishiguu Hobstern, Elizabeth Cecilia, Zenos Twill and Bastion Loomer. These five teenagers are sent from their homeland of Earth to the dying realm of Grandoris to slay Lucifer and restore life back to Grandoris. Of course any and all obstacles that occur along the road Lyon and friends have to overcome them by any means necessary.

One such obstacle is the oncoming war between the Elven and Human Kingdoms. For years the humans and elves were friendly towards each other and it all ended with the death of the famous blacksmith Ragna Benson. He died upon being bombarded with what appeared to be black magic. The humans immediately assumed this to be caused by elven hands since they were adapted in the art of black magic. Ragna's murderer remains a mystery but King O'Neil had been willing to wage war on the Elves for the past five years and Elizabeth has been praying for the war to never happen. Of course Lyon, Mishiguu, Bastion and Zenos are prepared to assist in either ending the war should it ever commence or preventing it from happening.

Another hindrance is of course restoring peace back between the humans and elves by unleashing judgment on Ragna's murderer. Whether they're associated with Lucifer or another sinister force remains a mystery. The biggest obstacle for Lyon's group is when Zenos falls victim to Lucifer's control and kidnaps both young Mishiguu Hobstern and Elizabeth Cecilia. What Lucifer plans doing with the captured Mishiguu and Elizabeth are obscure and Lyon only senses the worse to fall upon Grandoris. The worst part is that time is of the essence for the prophecy states “Grandoris' Final Hours” are punctual to the time and date. This is a story of love, trust, destiny, comfort and the rise of a legend. This is the "Birth of a Legend" Saga...The Legend of Mishiguu: Lucifer's Wrath.

*EDIT* I edited the prologue that should provide enough info that helps ya understand more of the plot but at the same doesn't spoil it too much the plot becomes predictable. ^3^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:08 am
omigod. thats amazing. ive tried writing stories before but ive never been that good.  

blackrosedarkness

Moonlight Star

Its Smiley

Blessed Lunatic

12,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:16 am
I love that story/prologue, and I love your siggy! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 am
Thank you very much! This is of course written after at least 3 years of practicing, not to mention inspiration and of course a very active imagination ^_^ anyways here's the first chapter

Chapter 1 – Arrival in a New Land

A tranquil forest stretched out for a good five yards, overpopulated by tall trees, overgrown vines and exuberant, colorful flowers. A rabbit hopped nonchalantly through the brush and frogs croaked from a pond near the lower left side. The tranquility abruptly ended however by two beams of light beaming down what appear to be blonde fraternal twins of a slight age gap. The younger twin sister crash landed in the heart of the forest, Sol Forest, while the eldest twin brother made his landing near the frog infested pond. Sprawled out on the ground the blonde seventeen year old boy groggily awoke to find his surroundings a bit queer. With a small groan he asked, “Ow...what the hell happen? There was a blinding flash as I was walking home from school and now I'm in a forest. Thing is...am I still on Earth?”

It was then the young blonde girl awoke to find herself surrounded by Orcs and Goblins. “Huh? Oh crap! I'm not well equipped to fight you guys! Please don't kill me! SAVE ME NII-NII!” the youngster shouted as a goblin swung its club at her. Nimbly grabbing her attacker's weapon she then started hanging on for dear life as the goblin thought of bashing her against its comrades' stomachs. Meanwhile “Nii-Nii” heard his sister's cry for help, picked up a fallen, firm tree branched and ran towards the source of the cry while saying, “Hold on Mishiguu! Big Bro Lyon is on his way!” As Lyon made his way towards his sister Mishiguu another beam of light blasted a yard north from her, carrying with it a brown haired boy.

He however landed in a stream and was aware of his collision with the body of water. “Damn it...that hurt like hell! Anyways...where am I?” He asked as he wearily rose to his feet dripping wet. It was then he flashed a orange glow and stood there astounded. Checking himself the sixteen year old chuckled and said, “Oh that's right...I, Zenos Twill, am not Earthen but a Grandorian Theimbor. I'm a shape shifter and can virtually transform into anything my heart desires so long as I'm aware of the object's existence.” Zenos' ears then perked up and swiftly jumped out of the way of a flying tomahawk. From the trees were three Tengus, bird folk who kill anyone who trespass into their territory. Zenos wasn't intimidated and quickly transformed his arms into flailing maces while saying, “This forest shall be stained with not my blood but yours! Have at thee! Bloody Bludgeon!" He then started mercilessly beating the Tengus, blood splattering everywhere.

While Lyon was busy attending to his sister's plight and Zenos was fending off Tengus two more people arrived in Sol Forest just like the others with the exception that the last two beams carrying people crashed into each other and dropped off the travelers into the core of Sol Forest with Mishiguu. Lyon had just arrived to the scene to see his sister still holding onto the goblin's club. The only difference was of course the newcomers were picking themselves up off the ground. “Huh? Who else is here? People I know?” Lyon asked as he dodged a club swing and answered it by smacking the goblin with his tree branch. When the smoke from the light beams cleared a long haired auburn elven girl and a scrawny blacked haired seventeen year old boy appeared, amazed by their surroundings.

Lyon recognized the blacked haired boy as his friend and shouted, “Bastion Loomer! Don't just stand there buddy! Do something!” He then dodged another club swing and continued to bludgeon the monsters with the tree branch. It was then the elven girl's hands started to resonate with a red glow and she told Lyon, “Damn it Lyon! How could you be so cruel to not recognized me in my true form!” She then begun hurling fireballs at the orcs and goblins, incinerating them to ashes and one stray fireball hitting Mishiguu but overall saving her. Confused by this Lyon turned to the elven girl and asked in an alarmed tone, “Wait a minute elf girl! What do you mean by that? Are you saying you're Elizabeth Cecilia?!” As Bastion is examining his surroundings the elven girl walked over to Lyon, flicked him on the forehead and replied, “Of course I'm Elizabeth Cecilia! I just never told you I was really an elf!”

Rubbing his forehead Lyon mumble and said, “Oh well I guess that makes sense. Anyways thanks for saving my sister for me Elizabeth.” He then remembered Mishiguu and turned to see her sprawled on the ground in a daze muttering, “Penguins live in Antarctica and need huggles to sleep with the couch!” Chuckling and walking over to her Lyon cooed in her ear, “Mishiguu dear? Are you okay? You really had an endeavor and as your Nii-Nii I'm concerned about my lovely little sister.” Bastion then walked over and patted Lyon's shoulder while telling him, “She'll be fine ya lovesick creep. Beside we need to grab our bearings and find out where the hell are we!” Looking over at the smoldering remains of the orcs and goblins, then the elven Elizabeth it then dawned on Lyon that they weren't on Earth anymore.

“You're right Bastion, dead right. We don't have orcs or goblins on Earth except in video games and fairy tales so let's leave this forest and find out where exactly we're at.” Lyon said as he picked up Mishiguu and placed her on Bastion's back. Mumbling under his breathe Bastion took a firm hold on the youngster and the three friends began walking towards the northern end of Sol Forest, the same area where Zenos was to be exact. With the tree branch slung over his shoulder Lyon thought to himself, “Well if Bastion and Elizabeth are here I wonder if my buddy Zenos Twill is as well.” It was then Zenos came hurdling through the trees and collided with Elizabeth. In a fit of rage Elizabeth pushed the Theimbor off and yelled, “Get the hell off me you a**!”

From the sea of tree an ogre emerged and let out a mighty snarl. Focusing her energy Elizabeth looked at the ogre and said, “You're going down big, powerful and stupid! Fiery Inferno!” A hexagram then formed underneath the ogre and flames engulfed the beast. Assuming the ogre was dead Lyon jumped for joy too early and was punched into a nearby tree, dropping the tree branch. Wearily rising to his feet Zenos clutched his throbbing shoulder and said, “It won't be so easy killing this cretin I’m afraid. It's from Helheim, the Spirit Realm, and neither swords or magic will harm it...yet.” Bastion looked at Zenos and asked, “Just what do you mean by that Zenos?” Sighing and transforming his hands into iron gauntlets emitting purple energy Zenos retorted, “What I mean Bastion is that it's a spiritual being and can't be harmed until it's pulled from the spirit realm and into ours.”

The chestnut haired boy then rushed in and jabbed the ogre square in the stomach, dodging any punches from the beast along the way. The ogre then shimmered with a purple light and snarled once more. “Lyon my friend! The ogre is vulnerable now! Let's kill it together!” Zenos told him as he transformed into a claymore and stuck into the ground. Getting to his feet Lyon nodded his head and gripped the handle of his Theimbor friend saying, “Alright Zenos buddy we'll rip this hideous numskull a new one! Take this you freak of nature! Skull Splitter!” He then ran up to the ogre and slammed his blade down on the beast's skull. The ogre roared in pain, blood spurting from the wound and spattering on the ground. For a finishing blow Elizabeth cast another Fiery Inferno spell and Lyon scampered away before the hellfire consumed the ogre.

With the nuisance dead Elizabeth walked over to Lyon and kicked him in the shin yelling, “Oh so you know that your friend Zenos isn't an Earthen human but you didn't bother to asked me if I was different when we were on Earth! The freaking nerve of you! Let's just hurry on out of this stupid forest and get to Azula Village!” She then stomped further ahead leaving Lyon hopping in pain and Bastion in a laughing fit. Mishiguu also gave her two cents by muttering, “The Sand Castle of Despair is only flabbergasted because she can't sing the Song of Healing like Hubert the Lion.” Zenos stayed as a claymore but also added, “Lyon your sister is delirious from what I don't know because I was attending to my own problems.”

Lyon sighed and replied, “It's alright Zenos she only got hit by a weak Fireball spell and her over imaginative mind is melding with the shock of being hit with magic. By the way Bastion...” he then walked to the hyena, socked him in the shoulder and said, “Don't think I didn't understand your stupid incest joke about me and Mishiguu! I do love her but not like that you b*****d! Anyways we have to follow Elizabeth or else we might get lost in this sea of trees.” Lyon then slung Zenos over his shoulder and ran after his elf friend. Letting out a sigh Bastion fixed his grip on Mishiguu and followed the angry Lyon who in turn was following a furious Elizabeth.

As the five friends reached the northern end of Sol Forest they were bum-rushed by a pack of fenrirs and two went after Bastion and Mishiguu. “Damn it stay away from them you cretins!” Lyon shout as he slashed both fenrirs three times each. The last strike was enough to slice both beasts in half and Elizabeth started digging in her pockets for something while still dodging the other three fenrirs. Lyon slashed another fenrir's head off and the elven girl finally found what she was looking for which was a necklace with a large golden hexagon emblem. Elizabeth then tossed it at Lyon and told him, “Here Lyon catch! It's a Magic Emblem and already has a Sky, Sea and Divine Gem embedded into it! You can use Air, Water and Holy magic so you're not stuck with only attacking with Zenos in his claymore form!”

Catching the Magic Emblem Lyon placed it around his neck and answered, “Thanks Elizabeth I owe ya one! Just one thing though...is this thing powered by my imagination? I mean I know the gems give me access to the specific elements but I talking about certain Holy, Air and Water spells!” Blasting a fenrir away with a fireball Elizabeth replied, “That's pretty much it Lyon. Any Fire or Thunder spell you imagine with become a reality with the Magic Emblem.” Understanding what was said Lyon snickered, jammed his claymore into the ground and shouted, “Grand Judgement!” Beams of light then erupted from the ground and eradicated the remaining two fenrirs. Trembling with fear Bastion fell on his backside and whimpered, dropping Mishiguu in the process.

Zenos then returned to his human form and glowed orange once more. Surprised by this Lyon asked, “Hey Zenos buddy did you learn a new form or something?” Chuckling and cracking his knuckles Zenos retorted, “Indeed I have. Thanks to you using Holy magic when I was in my claymore form I can now transform into divine creatures like an Afyl or a Separ.” Puzzled by the words Bastion asked, “What the bleepity bloop is a Separ or Afyl?!” Giggling Elizabeth told Bastion, “An Earthen human such as yourself wouldn't know about such beings. You may know about creatures such as the Undines, Harpies and even Reapers but to know of celestial beings such as the Separs, Afyls and even the Nadsirs is beyond your knowledge. Separs are angels with four wings and ascended to a higher plane of existence while being nigh invincible. Being in the presence of one would spell your death. Afyls are angels who transcended to an even higher plane, are prideful warriors who always look for worthy opponents to duel with and have six wings.”

Stomping his foot Lyon said, “Right that's fine and dandy but we need to find a safe haven for now and also find out where we are!” As Bastion picked Mishiguu back up Elizabeth told Lyon, “I was going to tell you this eventually when we were on Earth but I'm an Grandorian Elf and that's where we are right...Grandoris, the Realm of Magic.” Placing a hand on Lyon's shoulder Zenos said, “I may have told you I was a Theimbor but I didn't tell you where exactly I came from and that's where we are, just like Elizabeth said.” Astonished to hear this Lyon asked, “Seriously? So Bastion, Mishiguu and I are the only humans from Earth?” Nodding their heads the blonde twin replied, “Wow...just wow. I only assumed the Zenos was the last of an ancient Earthen race or something. Anyways you said something about a village called Azula?”

Placing her hands on her hips Elizabeth answered, “That's right and I'm sure Zenos would prefer to fight future battles without you wielding him so there's an armory where you can buy a weapon for yourself, Bastion and Mishiguu.” Lyon nodded his head in agreement and the five children walked through the remainders of Sol Forest. As they left Sol Forest Mishiguu heard a voice within her consciousness saying, “Young Mishiguu...bring...your brother...and his friends...to Azula Village...” the fourteen year old girl then groggily awoke from her daze and said to her brother, “Nii-Nii? My God you actually saved me from those monsters? Thanks Nii-Nii...” She then jumped off Bastion's back, ran up to Lyon and latched onto his right arm.

Mishiguu then looked up at her Nii-Nii with a puppy dog pout and asked, “Can we go to Azula Village? Someone or something is calling us to go there. If you do I'll give you a kiss.” Blushing at the thought of his sister that he himself admits is adorable and attractive kissing him knelt down in front of her and replied, “I'd love that Mishiguu it's just if it's the type of kiss I'm thinking of mom and dad will be upset if they hear about it.” Giggling mischievously Mishiguu gave her Nii-Nii a wink and told Lyon, “I know and it'll be our dirty little secret.” Blushing a deep red Lyon was speechless while Zenos said, “Well whether or not you keep your promise of giving your brother a kiss we were heading to Azula Village anyways to buy you, Lyon and Bastion weapons and armor for the journey back to Earth.”

After having another laugh at his friend's expense Bastion asked Mishiguu, “So what exactly is your imaginary friend's reason behind us going to Azula Village anyways?” Stomping the ground Mishiguu yelled, “It wasn't an imaginary friend Bastion! I stopped having imaginary friends when I was ten. Although the voice didn't exactly explain. It just said for us to go to the village. The voice however did sound very...godly.” Intrigued by this Lyon asked, “Godly you say? That's very interesting. What would a foreign god want with us? I'm Roman Catholic anyways and only believe in one true god, God Himself.” Rubbing his chin Zenos told Lyon, “Well we Grandorians refer him as Ezamuel, named after the prophets Ezekiel and Samuel. That doesn't matter though because it's getting late and there's an inn in Azula Village where we can rest for the night.”

Realizing it was getting dark and the moon was ascending into the sky Lyon's stomach grumbled and he place one hand on his stomach saying, “Ugh you're right Zenos, dead right. Not to mention I haven't eaten anything since lunch at school. Alright here's the plan. Zenos, you take Mishiguu and Bastion to go get weapons and armor while Elizabeth and I rent rooms for us at the inn. Regarding the equipment any one handed and double handed sword will do for me and the best armor they have as long as it isn't clunky and doesn't hinder our movement on and off the battlefield.” Agreeing to the plan Lyon and friends rushed towards Azula Village with Lyon thinking, “Who exactly spoke to Mishiguu and what do they have in store for us? I can't help but think this is gonna be a long and treacherous journey!”

So yeah I'll be uploading each chapter separately ^3^  

Swordsman of Roses

3,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pixel Digits

Bashful Lunatic

9,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 am
I think it's very well-written, although if you're really going for a light novel, maybe you should make the prologue a slight bit more detailed. I'm like you: I write much better than I draw (although I'm working on the latter as we speak ^^), and I understand what you're talking about.

Anyways, my point is that perhaps you should introduce the (interesting, might I say) storyline with a slight bit more detail, as, unlike a manga/graphich novel, a thousand words are worth one picture, if you catch my drift. Congratulations on your first chapter~!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:50 am
As an aspiring writer I appreciate all criticism and suggestions. So thank you Mitashi! I agree the Prologue is short and I'll do my best to lengthen it so it explains the plot more but also doesn't spoil too much it's predictable ^3^  

Swordsman of Roses

3,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pixel Digits

Bashful Lunatic

9,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:22 am
Swordsman of Roses
As an aspiring writer I appreciate all criticism and suggestions. So thank you Mitashi! I agree the Prologue is short and I'll do my best to lengthen it so it explains the plot more but also doesn't spoil too much it's predictable ^3^

Wonderful! Not to spoil the thread with chatter and whatnot, but I think it's admirable that you want to publish your work online where everyone can see it. Kudos! I myself am too scared to, which is hwy I hold great faith in people like you. Keep at it! =)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:48 pm
Well I extended the prologue and added a bit of flavor to when the characters use their techniques that's reminiscent to old fashion shonen adventure manga/anime. So here's the next chapter...(hope it's not too long if there's a limit to how much we can stretch the posts)

Chapter 2 – The Courier of Azeriel and the Sacred Children

Upon entering Azula Village Zenos took Mishiguu and Bastion to the armory in the far right corner while Lyon and Elizabeth went inside the Running Waters Inn. After renting the rooms Elizabeth escorted Lyon to the diner where her friend could eat. Meanwhile at the armory Zenos was browsing the swords, Mishiguu was examining the gauntlets and Bastion was looking at the daggers and maces. “Hmm...Lyon said single and double handed blades would be fine but I don't really know which ones to get. I know he likes flashy styles and all but what the hell. Barton my good man! One Buster Blade and one Firgani!” Zenos said to Barton the Smithy as Bastion picked up a Morning Star mace. “Eh and whatever the twerps want too. I'm paying for it all anyways. Oh and your finest armor that isn't too heavy like knight's armor.” Zenos added as Barton grimaced and brought down the weapons from his shelf.

As Zenos was buying the equipment Lyon and Elizabeth were conversing over dinner at Cafe Oishii. “Hey listen sorry I never bothered to ask who you really were when we were back home. It's just that you never even tried bringing up the subject but Zenos did awhile after I met him.” Lyon told Elizabeth as he stuffed a turkey leg down his gullet. Chuckling the auburn elf replied, “Oh it's alright I was just having a crappy day at school and took it out on you. Anyways do you really believe that Mishiguu heard the voice of a deity summoning us here because all I wanted to do here was buy equipment for our journey back to Earth and a place to rest for the night.” After taking a sip of his Grape Cooler soda Lyon paused for a second to ponder.

“You know Elizabeth...to be honest...I wouldn't doubt it because there must be a reason for us being in Grandoris. What this god wants exactly though I have no clue.” Sighing Elizabeth took a sip of her water and retorted, “Well you have heard the legends and stories about Lucifer right?” Nearly choking on his second turkey leg Lyon coughed and answered, “Lucifer?! What the hell is he doing here?! He should be in the depths of Hell on Earth not a realm of magic!” Giggling and waving her hands in front of herself Elizabeth said, “Sorry I brought it up! It's just that there's an old story here that Lucifer the Fallen Angel who is also the King of Death wanted the power of Grandoris' magic energy to rule both Earth and Grandoris. However Azeriel, the Goddess of Integrity and our protective god sealed him away in the depths of Grandoris and he's been siphoning the life out of our beautiful land.”

Astonished to hear this Lyon was silent for a second as was Elizabeth because of the sudden talk of the devil. Lyon Hobstern was Roman Catholic and to talk about Satan and death wasn't a a nice idea to converse with the lad. Getting up from the table Lyon started to walk back to his room while Elizabeth paid for his dinner and followed him. As soon as they got back their room was taken over by Mishiguu and Bastion. “Hey what's the big idea you two! This is our room!” Lyon shouted as his sister brandished a Morning Star mace. “Says you Nii-Nii! I'm a growing girl and I need a big girl's bed! Unless you want to answer to Renyuu I suggest you two go with Zenos in the other room!” Mishiguu taunted as Lyon carefully pushed her weapon away while saying, “It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Alright you win this round ya brat but only because you're my lovely little sister.”

Chuckling Bastion laid his head on the pillow and said, “Ya know Lyon I said it once and I'll say it again. Just boink her and get it over with.” The two siblings blushed and Mishiguu was dreamily thinking of her brother's warm embrace. Seething and punching Bastion's arm Lyon said, “Right and how many times have I told I don't love Mishiguu like that ya jerk! She's my little sister for God's sake!” Afterwards Mishiguu got off what was apparently Elizabeth's bed and told her brother, “Change of plans! Lizzy you sleep in here with Bastion and I'll sleep with Nii-Nii!” Shocked to hear this Elizabeth stuttered and replied, “Sure...whatever you say Mishiguu.” Sporting a big grimace Mishiguu clung to Lyon's arm and her twin just sighed.

The twins then entered the room next door and Zenos was already asleep on his bed with the new equipment in the corner minus Mishiguu's mace Renyuu. Chortling the siblings laid down on their bed with one bed empty due to Mishiguu wanting her brother as her personal teddy bear. “Hey Nii-Nii thanks again for saving me from those goblins. You are always there for me and for that I'm grateful.” Mishiguu said as she snuggled close to Lyon. Scoffing and playfully knocking their heads together Lyon replied, “Don't be stupid Mishiguu. I'm your elder brother. I'm supposed to protect you at all times. If I didn't mom and dad would be furious and say I failed as a brother to protect my sister or some crap like that. Anyways let's get some sleep we just might have a long journey back home ahead of us.”

Mishiguu then yawned and nestled her head under Lyon's and the twins drifted off to sleep. In the meantime Elizabeth and Bastion were having a conversion regarding the Hobstern twins. “Bastion tell me the truth...is there really something going on with Mishiguu and Lyon. Don't give me any bull s**t because you know I love Lyon I just never got the chance to confess.” Letting out a chuckle Bastion answered, “No those two aren't secret lovers but it is true that Mishiguu's madly in love with her brother.” Elizabeth gasped, got up from her bed and grabbed Bastion's shirt, shaking him and saying, “You mean to tell me I have competition for Lyon's affection! It'll be a cold day in hell when that little brat claims my Mr. Snuggle Buddy as her own!” Bastion groaned as he was shook and dizzily replied, “That may be true “Lizzy” but Lyon's told her on multiple occasions that her love for him was forbidden and to find someone else.”

With a sigh of relief Elizabeth sat back down on her bed and asked, “Okay then what about this voice Mishiguu heard? You say it's her imaginary friend. I say it might be Azeriel, Goddess of Integrity and Grandoris.” Bastion laughed and said, “Do you honestly think some holy being spoke with that little runt? As if Lizzy!” Elizabeth plopped down on the bed and retorted, “Like I told you before Bastion an Earthen like you isn't well acknowledged of Grandorian mythology and culture. Azeriel is basically the same as God, she watches from the heavens above and will rain down judgment on any sinners who disturbs the peace of this land. Anyways we better turn in for the night, we have a long venture ahead of us if we want to return to Earth.”

Right before Bastion could lay his head on his pillow the voice from before spoke to the sleeping Mishiguu and told her, “Come to me my messenger! Guide the Four Sacred Children to my alter in Sogol Temple! Rise Mishiguu Hobstern!” Mishiguu then awoken into a trance like state and levitated from the bed. Lyon awoke to this and noticed his sister mysteriously floating asking, “What the fresh hell is this?!” Zenos woke up and saw the phenomena exclaiming, “Lyon you're seeing this as well right? Well this might be the work of a celestial force! Quick grab your armor and weapon of choice and let's...” Before he had a chance to finish Mishiguu started to float out the open window and towards a nearby temple.

Running to the window Zenos saw where she floated off to and told Lyon, “She's heading towards Sogol Temple! That's where we worship Azeriel the Goddess of Grandoris! Like I was saying grab your armor and weapon of choice and let's investigate!” He then jumped out the window and sprinted towards Sogol Temple. Surprised that his sister enigmatically flew away Lyon looked at the pile of armor and eyed a red, long sleeved undershirt, red traveler's vest, white skin tight leggings, brown boots and a pair of brown gauntlets. “Heh, these should do nicely! Now should I choose this Buster Blade, Firgani or take both if one breaks?” He said as Lyon also looked over at the weapons that were purchased. The Buster Blade was a two handed sword with a ruby embedded at the base of the blade just like Zenos' claymore form. The Firgani was basically an ordinary one handed sword with a two foot long blade and a golden hilt.

After undressing and putting on the armor he chose Lyon immediately picked up both swords by their baldrics and slung them over his shoulders in a crisscrossed fashion saying, “Ah screw it I'm taking both! I might be better with one or the other and the second will be a spare! Now I better inform Elizabeth and Bastion about what's happening!” As soon as he turned around Lyon bumped into Bastion who was running into the room with Elizabeth right behind him. “Ow damn it Lyon! Watch where you're going! Anyways we heard you yelling and wanted to see what the problem was. By the way where's Mishiguu?” Bastion asked as Lyon glumly answered, “Mishiguu IS the problem Bastion! I'm not sure but I think she's being possessed. What I do know is that she's at this temple called Solomon Temple or something along those lines. Zenos already left to chase after her so get some armor, a weapon and let's go!”

Elizabeth looked at Lyon with a shocked expression and said, “If you mean Sogol Temple then we better hurry. It's swarming with divine creatures such as the Separs and Afyls. Whatever the cost we have to go save your sister from certain death. I really don't need a weapon because I use my spells and I'll get my new clothes later.” Bastion understood the situation and walked over to get a pair of black boots, a chain-mail and dual blades. “Well I wanted the Morning Star mace but Mishiguu got it so instead I choose these dual blades. Just let me put this chain-mail and these boots on.” Lyon growled with frustration and left the room. “Lyon wait for us! Hurry up slowpoke! If you don't we'll leave you behind Bastion!” Elizabeth told Bastion as he finished dressing himself. Afterwards they followed Lyon out of Running Waters Inn.

As soon as the three friends came to an open field a large stone temple stood before Lyon, Elizabeth and Bastion. Unsheathing his Firgani the blonde swordsman said, “Hold on Mishiguu Nii-Nii is on his way!” Lyon then ran off for Sogol Temple with Elizabeth and Bastion in tow. Upon setting foot within the holy grounds all three friends felt a sudden surge of energy and went into a daze. It was then the same voice who spoke to Mishiguu told Lyon and friends, “O Sacred Children thou hast entered the holy grounds of the Goddess Azeriel! Venture to my alter and receive the word of my messenger Mishiguu!” Soon after Lyon and friends regained consciousness.

Lyon checked his surrounding and asked, “Ugh...what was that? And what did this Goddess mean “Messenger Mishiguu?” Is my sister some sorta chosen one?” Elizabeth shook her head and replied, “I do believe Goddess Azeriel just spoke with us and she's the one behind Mishiguu coming here. Which means it was Azeriel who spoke with Mishiguu and she's now The Courier of Azeriel.” Shocked to hear this Lyon asked, “So wait you mean to tell me this Azeriel Goddess is gonna ask us to kill Lucifer?! I know I'm a Child of God but I don't think I can take on the Prince of Darkness himself!” Elizabeth gave him a look of concern and answered, “We won't know until we speak with Azeriel herself. Now let's hustle!” Lyon remembered about Mishiguu and darted off into the dark corridors of Sogol Temple.

Of course Elizabeth and Bastion went after him due to Lyon's unique trait of attracting trouble and soon encountered three Separs. They all lashed out at the friends and one slashed Lyon with a sword. “Nnng that smarts! Well you're of the Holy attribute so casting Holy spells is useless. Any suggestions Elizabeth?” Lyon asked as he swatted another sword swipe with his own sword. Holding her left hand out a red aura formed around it and Elizabeth yelled, “They're weak to fire Lyon so...Hellfire Burst! A sphere of fire then appeared in front of the Separs and exploded, catching the angels on fire. Intrigued by this Lyon replied, “Fire you say? Well the Magic Emblem you gave me didn't have a gem for fire but I'll make due! Typhoon!” He then held out his right hand and a human size tornado erected around the enemy, tearing them apart with blades of air.

When the tornado subdued the angels dropped to ground dead and a small key fell from the middle Separ. Picking the key up Bastion queried, “Huh? What do you suppose could be locked up here that we'd need a key?” Taking the key from his friend Lyon said, “I have one good reason and that is the door to Azeriel's Alter is locked. Elizabeth, you probably know this temple a little better than we do so you lead us to Zenos and Mishiguu.” Hearing this sparked an interest in Bastion and he asked, “Speaking of Mr. Transformer himself where is Zenos? I didn't see him when we walked through the entrance archway.” It was then a loud yell was heard from down the corridor and Lyon's group immediately went to investigate.

Striking down any Separs and Afyls along the way with swords and magic Lyon noticed Zenos on the ground and a Nadsir hovering triumphantly over him. “Zenos! Damn you! I'll cut you down to size! Crescent Edge!" Lyon shout as he swung his blade and a green shockwave pelted the over sized six winged angel. However just like the ogre the Nadsir was unaffected. “Foolish mortal. Your current strength is minuscule compared to my might. If Goddess Azeriel has chosen you to be a Sacred Child then Grandoris is forever lost. With that I'll take your life and hopefully Azeriel will choose someone stronger. Now die! Divine Judgement!" Zenos and Lyon both grunted in disgust while Bastion screamed in terror and Elizabeth nonchalantly said, “Not sot fast! Chaos Breaker!” As the Nadsir pointed his blade at the four friends Elizabeth also raised her arms in the air and a sphere of dark energy appeared between her hands. Elizabeth then clasped her hands together and the dark energy shattered into smaller orbs, pelting the Nadsir and interrupting his attack. The spell however did nothing else.

As Zenos staggered to merely balance himself on one knee Zenos told Elizabeth, “Tch...this is yet another Helheim Esper and as such we can't harm him until we extract him from the Spirit Realm! You might of stopped his attack but it didn't do jack s**t damage! Anyways I'm the only one so far who can pull them out but as soon as I extracted him from the Spirit Realm he hit me from behind and the b*****d retreated right back into his safety zone!” Understanding his friend's quandary Lyon held out his right hand and said, “I've got your back Zenos! One healing spell coming right up! Water of Life!” Zenos was then engulfed in a pillar of water and was instantly rejuvenated. He then rose to his feet and transformed his arms into swords with purple auras.

Noticing this from the ogre fight Bastion and asked, “Hey Zenos just what is going on with you? Last time you changed your hands into gauntlets they had the same colored aura as your sword arms right now.” Zenos batted away a sword swipe and replied, “To make a long story short we can kill Helheim Espers when I transform into something with a purple aura. Now concentrate! He's a lot stronger than just a mere ogre or goblin!” Getting impatient the Nadsir bellowed and yelled, “Mere mortals! Present thy strength or perish! Celestial Blade!” He then raised his sword above his head and began storing divine light within the blade. Zenos shot a worried look at Lyon and shouted, “Lyon for the love of everything holy distract him! I'll try and slash him with my aura swords to extract the Nadsir from the Spirit Realm!”

Nodding his head in agreement Lyon darted at the Nadsir and unleashed six consecutive sword slashes. Shifting his attention from Zenos to Lyon the angel finished charging his sword and began to swing his sword at the swordsman. Lyon braced himself but heard Elizabeth yell, “Hide in the shadows Lyon! Shadow Veil!" Lyon was then enveloped in darkness and was protected from the Nadsir's strike. Smirking and crossing his blades Zenos taunted, “Now be a good little angel and leave your room! Omega Cross!” He then rushed in and cross slashed the Nadsir three times. The large six winged angel then resonated with a purple aura and Elizabeth was preparing another spell. Drawing his blade back Lyon yelled, “It ends now! Raging Leviathan!” the swordsman then slashed the angel with a large serpent like torrent surrounding the blade of his sword.

Grunting in pain the Nadsir shot a death stare at Lyon and said, “I'll admit now that I'm no longer on the spiritual plane I'm vulnerable but don't think I'll surrender just yet. Once again demonstrate thy might and prove thy worth! Only then shall ye see the Courier of Azeriel and the Goddess herself! Holy Wrath!” After targeting Lyon as the epicenter of his attack a sphere of light materialized and before it imploded Lyon and friends flickered with dark energy. Of course once the Nadsir's attack occurred a large explosion of darkness hit the six winged angel and he fell to his knees. Astonished by this the Nadsir asked, “Impossible...how could I be immobilized by a mere spell? By the way what was thy spell?”

With Zenos sprawled out on the floor and the two sword wielding boys balancing on their blades Elizabeth knelt on one knee answering, “It was nothing but a simple Chaos Reflector spell. Your attack was bounced back at you with twice the power. Lyon...heal...us...deliver...final...blow...” Elizabeth then fell unconscious and Lyon nodded his head. Staggering to his feet Lyon raised his sword above his head and said, “Time to heal! Divine Rain!” A large raincloud formed above their heads and as they were being doused in rain water Lyon's group was being revitalized and cleansed of impurities. Zenos then fully transformed into a falcon and bombarded the Helheim Esper. Then Lyon and Bastion looked at each and ran to the sides of the Nadsir.

“I hope you're ready Bastion because it's time to go all out!” Lyon shouted to Bastion as he sheathed his Firgani and drew his Buster Blade. “I may be timid but get me motivated enough and I'm a real firecracker! Let's do this!” Bastion replied as he crossed his dual blades. Both boys let out fierce battle cries and relentlessly hacked away at their foe with Lyon spinning around and delivering a leaping strike. Lyon's last blow was just enough to finish the Helheim Esper and both the Nadsir and Lyon vanished to another plane of existence. Puzzled by this dilemma Zenos asked, “Eh? Where the hell did Lyon run off to?”

After materializing in a heavenly realm Lyon saw the Nadsir he just killed hovering before him and yelled, “If this is your last ditch effort to kill me you're sadly mistaken!” Holding a hand out the Nadsir said, “Do not be alarm young one. My name is Sogol, Nadsir Esper of Light. While I did attack without telling my reason I will now. I was merely only following Azeriel's orders and testing your strength. Since you dealt the death blow I shall be your loyal servant and accompany you on your quest. Sayeth thy name and present the key that which shall bind our souls together!” Glowing from his pocket was the key Lyon received from the dead Separ. Reaching in and pulling it out Lyon glowed with a white light and the key transformed into a golden bracelet around his right wrist. Clearing his throat Lyon triumphantly shout, “Hark! My name is Lyon Hobstern, son of Zachery and Krystal Hobstern!”

Sogol then evaporated into a stream of sparkling orbs and was absorbed into Lyon's new bracelet. After that Lyon was returned to Sogol Temple to find the door leading to Azeriel's Alter open. Glad to see his friend safe and sound Bastion grabbed Lyon's collar, shook him and said while crying joyfully, “Oh thank the heavens above you're alive Lyon! I thought you died and went to Heaven!” Groaning from dizziness Lyon grasped Bastion's arms and stopped him from being shook by his over emotional pal. Zenos was also the first to notice the golden bracelet on Lyon's wrist and asked, “Lyon where did you get the bracelet?” Letting out a sigh Elizabeth retorted, “It seems Lyon became a Sacred Child of the Goddess Azeriel and we might be next.”

Remembering about his sister Lyon sheathed his Buster Blade and exclaimed, “Oh crap I completely forgot about Mishiguu! Hold on Mishy Nii-Nii's coming!” He then ran towards the golden staircase and started climbing up them. Furious at his rash behavior Elizabeth shouted, “Hey wait for us you ninny! Bastion! Zenos! Get your asses in gear and move it out!” Nervously saluting Bastion and Zenos followed behind Elizabeth and chased after Lyon up the staircase. Upon entering the Divine Hall, an area in which the alter for worshiping Azeriel was, Lyon saw Mishiguu facing the alter and yelled, “Mishiguu!” Hearing him but still in a trance she turned around and wearily said, “Lyon...my dear...sweet brother...”

Running up to her Lyon bent down and hugged his younger sister saying, “Oh thank God you're not hurt. Don't scare me like that ever again okay?” Nodding her head Mishiguu placed her small hands on his cheeks and kissed his lips. Blushing Lyon asked, “What was that...” Halfheartedly giggling she replied, “Your reward..for protecting me...from the orcs...and goblins silly.” Concerned for her as well Zenos asked, “You okay Mishiguu? You don't sound like your usual perky self. Are you being possessed by Azeriel right now?” Looking at him Mishiguu's eyes glowed red, her tone deepened and she told Zenos, “Yes Sacred Child Candidate Zenos Twill I am manipulating this young girl. It was to lead you four here to Sogol Temple and receive your first message from my courier Mishiguu Hobstern.

Lyon recalled Sogol saying him, Elizabeth, Bastion and Zenos were chosen by Goddess Azeriel to be Sacred Children and protect Grandoris from peril. “Yeah about that Azeriel...when you say we're Sacred Children Candidates do you mean we're basically the chosen saviors of Grandoris? Also does Sogol have any importance in this?” Closing her eyes the possessed Mishiguu replied, “To put it bluntly...yes Lyon Hobstern. I have chosen you four as the Sacred Children who shall strike down Lucifer, the King of Death. As for my servant Sogol he's of high importance to your quest. He is the means that shall keep you alive should you fall in battle. Of course it's not just Nadsirs who will accompany you and your friends.

Fascinated by this Bastion queried, “So you're saying that if we die they'll revive us or will our Helheim Espers pretty much take over and live our lives?” Giggling Azeriel replied, “You were right when you asked about the Espers reviving you. When you bond with your Helheim Esper of choice your souls will be synced together and you shall share the same body. When you die your souls will be temporarily paralyzed but will return back to your bodies nonetheless. But their assistance doesn't end there my dear Bastion Loomer. Depending on what Esper you bonded with determines how they'll assist you in battle. Having an elemental Esper such as a Gnome or an Undine will provide you with the usage of the respective elemental magic or bonding with a beast allows you to summon or even transform into them. Choose wisely though because you can only bond with two Espers and certain combinations will have better results for fighting.

Chuckling and crossing his arms Bastion retorted, “Oh well with my vast knowledge of the mystic arts I know certain elemental combos that will result in the magic I'd love using! Like Wind and Water provide the use of Ice magic and I'd prefer using Wind, Water and Ice spells!” Placing his hands on Bastion's shoulder Zenos told him, “Sorry buddy but Sylph and Undine are mine! You can have Ifrit or Gnome if you want. Perhaps a Luna or a Sol?” Smacking him upside the head Elizabeth shushed Zenos and the possessed Mishiguu cleared her throat. “As I was saying...Lyon, I have chosen your sister to be my messenger to also foretell the Grandorians the arrival of a catastrophe. That is the demise of Grandoris by the hands of Lucifer. He's draining the life force of our beautiful world and aims to rule both Earth and Grandoris, even though it'll be a lifeless barren wasteland. It is also essential that you find suitable Esper allies so that your collective might will be strong enough to overthrow Lucifer's destructive powers of Void.

Interested by her last statement Lyon asked, “Wait when you say Void you're talking about an element like fire and lightning right? I've rarely heard about someone using void as an elemental prowess but that's what you meant right Azeriel?” Azeriel sighed and answered, “Sadly enough it's true Lyon. Using Void as magic Lucifer is able to erase anyone from existence who isn't a deity. It's what is also allowing him to siphon Magi, the life energy of Grandoris. Please you must stop him at all costs! For now Mishiguu shall regain control of her body but I shall speak through her to you when necessary. Until then farewell Lyon the Brave, Bastion the Tempest, Zenos the Might and Elizabeth the Mystic.” Afterwards Mishiguu fell to ground unconsciously.

*Side Note* The respective colors for each characters techniques are as followed...
Lyon: Red
Mishiguu: Green
Bastion: Purple
Zenos: Orange
Elizabeth: Blue

Their Esper Allies' Colors are technically either Darker or Lighter such as Lyon's Esper Ally Sogol is Dark Red and Elizabeth's future Esper Ally's with be Light Blue.  

Swordsman of Roses

3,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Literature & Writing Subforum [[Submit your writing and Reading list!]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items