Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
I'm bi, but...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Checkered Dreaming

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:57 pm
I'm bi, but I'm too scared to tell my friends v.v Help Please?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:01 pm
I came out on facebook. Try that?  

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Checkered Dreaming

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:03 pm
I Don't want my mom to know though >.>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 pm
Well I guess that's one good thing about parents not having a facebook...  

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Melodic Marzipan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:31 pm
I was just talking to my friends one day and casually, without looking at them, I said, "So, I'm bisexual, guys."
There was a small silence and then one of my friends laughed.
Then they all told me they had figured and knew I had a girlfriend and that they themselves were bi too.
Just say it casually and if there's an awkward silence, just go back to the topic you were talking about before. :3
Worked for me. Might work for you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I sat my family down and was just like "I like girls, k?" except not as casual. Just say something simple like "I like both genders gaiz." Except without the 'gaiz'.

(Brushes by Obsidian Dawn)

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:21 am
maybe just slip it into the conversation, example "wow that chick is hot" when a pretty girl walks by.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm
My best mate when she decided to tell me she was bi, her exact words were, "You might hate me for this but I'm bi and I have a girlfriend." Simple, just tell your friends but I suggest sticking to your closest friends first before going to the less close friends. One of her friends wasn't happy about her being bi but they're still friends so really you've got nothing to worry about.  

Drunken Dolphins

Checkered Dreaming

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:40 pm
Thanks for all of your suggestions, but see at my school one day someone noticed on my Facebook it say I like girls and guys, and that entire day people were talking to me about it and stuff. Honestly it wasn't the greatest experience yet. I just don't want to be ridiculed by family, or friends, or people at my school.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 am
you just have to realize that not everyone out there will accept you. one of the people i came out to in highschool stopped being my friend becasue of it and it really hurt me, im still not sure if im happy i told her or not becasue it made me go into a bit of denile about being bi for a couple years. i didnt even tell my bisexual highschool boyfriend that i was bi

though if they are friends worth having they will see that your orientaion does not define or change you and will stay by your side regardless  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Muse_of_the_Soul

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:42 am
This is gonna sound bad, but it totally worked for me.

I told two of my closest friends that I was bi. I trusted them fully, 100%. I also knew one of the two was a bit of a gossip whore. So, I purposely was like "Hey, so, I trust you, I'm bi." And they were completely open and accepting about it. They told the rest of my friends. Then they were all like "You trusted me and I told your secrets I'm a bad friend" and I'm just like "lol there's a reason I told you first". It helps a lot. Of course, not everyone can or will accept you for your differences. A great bit of advice that you gotta learn with sexuality and openness: You can't make everyone happy. Do not try. Just work on making you happy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:10 am
OWo munchies oWO
Thanks for all of your suggestions, but see at my school one day someone noticed on my Facebook it say I like girls and guys, and that entire day people were talking to me about it and stuff. Honestly it wasn't the greatest experience yet. I just don't want to be ridiculed by family, or friends, or people at my school.

Ok to me is sounds you might be in a consvited town or go to a school with very closed minded people. I've been out for 7 years now and never have people made a big deal of it (unless your my parents and seem to forget that your only child likes boys and girls) but I made it clean to my friends that I was bi by talking about boobs with the schools sexiest guys (no joke they were my friends. Similar musical likeings) and gave them avdice from a bisexuals point of view. It's smart telling your friends at first then your parents. But after a while your friends will come to accept it. Don't worry  

mynightmarestays

Dangerous Lunatic

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces