Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Chatterbox
How did you come out to your parents? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did your parents have a positive or negative reaction with you coming out?
  Positive
  Neutral
  Negative
View Results

brighternight

Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:32 pm

It's never going to be comfortable, just so you know ha.

I was sick one day and me and my dad were talking serious talk so I just told him that and he made a joke and accepted me. Simple as that.

As for my mom , my parents are divorced , we were also talking serious talk in the car with my sister and I told her that...and she called me wrong basically. Heh. She doesn't like it, but she accepts.

So whenever the time is right, and whenever you need to say it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:50 pm
I wrote a letter to my parents, pretty much saying "i'm gay, sorry I couldn't find the courage to tell you face to face", or something along those lines. I placed it on their bed and then went back to my room. My dad came in first, he kissed me on the head and said to me 'I love you just the way you are' and mum came in later on and told me pretty much the same thing but also told me to be careful who I tell because people can be very cruel. smile

They have both been very accepting 3nodding
My dad always helps me out by driving me into the city so I can attend pride marches etc. n_n  

Hanroo

Hygienic Gaian

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

WhenTheDay-MetTheNight1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:58 pm
Well I have 2 moms, so it wasn't bad at all. Me and my friend (who is bi) wanted to go to this LGBT group in our town, and so I just went up to them and said
"Guys, me and (insert name here) have recently realized we are bisexual ( im leaning more towards girls now) and would like to go to (name of place)." the end. But my friend told his parents while they were on vacation and his dad told him he's wrong. And that bisexual isn't a clincal term, as if that has anything to do with it. I feel bad for him, he's having a rough time of it crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:45 pm
I came out to my dad first he said he always knew even when I didn't. Then I told my mom she got depressed even thought she had been asking for awhile but I hadn't known. She accepts it now and my dad didn't mind at all. After I came out my depression issues left I am glad to be who I am.  

KnittingNepeta

Beloved Friend

6,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 am
My mum walked in on me with a guy. I win! >___<  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:08 pm
It started in 8th grade. At this point I had been in love with my best friend for about 2 years, so I knew I liked girls. but one day I had my first girl crush on someone else besides my best friend. It was new and exiting and I really wanted to tell someone. so I turned to my other best friend and told her I was bi. She was very quiet about it but not judgemental at all, soon I told my friend jen, then Amanda, and so forth until about 15 people knew.

Then one day at the lunch table I told my best friend I loved her. Her face got red and she really didnt say anything about it, so I was freaking out

Then I made the big mistake. After lunch I told the girl I had a crush on about telling my best friend I loved her while we were passing notes in class and she said wait so your bi? and I said yeah. she was ok with it, until I made the mistake of writing her initials and saying I like this person too.

At the end of class she walked up to me with the note and said in the most disgusted voice, "Is it me, because if it is im NOT going to be your friend anymore." I quickly freaked out and said no, but the damage was already done. she began spreading rumors about me and by the end of the week my entire cycle gainged up on me at the door and started picking on me. They were saying things like, "why did you tell her you liked her if you knew she was straight?" and got on my case about it with her standing right there.

Before I realized what I was saying the words , "give me one good reason why I shouldn't kick your a**." Left my mouth (not like me at all) the next thing I knew a day or two went by and the two of us were fighting in the hallway. We got broken up and carried to the main office where I had the lovely pleasure of explaining to my mother why I got into a fight with this girl. I looked at her and said, "mom im bisexual" her exact words were, "me and your father had always thought you were but we were hoping we were wrong."

Granted I realized that I dont like men at all and that Im gay, but more or less my mom and ex step dad now know the truth. Shes actually really accepting about it now. she even checks if her dates are ok with it before comitting to them.

This all happened in 2005  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers